ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini stripes dimensions?

I really like it, not sure what everyone else is on about. (clearly blind)
As I want you to get the strips on asap the measurement are;

38mm wide (both sides)
and a gap of 50mm
You would need around 7m just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see it finished.
Also I would recommend not doing the sides in green but do the biggest monster logo possible on the rear quarter (overlapping the window)

thanks soooo much man :) means alot that someone appreciates my work to day and future work... il upload pics of each stage as it goes along :) and i was debating between the monster claw logo or the clio badge in green down the quarter

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I personally dont know how anyone would want there car to look like that? Each to there own and that though i guess hopefully you will see sence before you waste to much money. As mentioned in the thread u will look back at this one day and laugh at yourself.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
because i dont have that sort of money im afraid, i bought this as a standard clio extreme, as a student holding 2 part time jobs there is no chance of getting the gordini sadly and i have grown to love this car and make it my own personalised motor

I'm a student holding a part time job, and have a 182. I'm confused about how you can't afford a Sport model, students are loaded. FACT, don't live the stereotype

thanks soooo much man :) means alot that someone appreciates my work to day and future work... il upload pics of each stage as it goes along :) and i was debating between the monster claw logo or the clio badge in green down the quarter

no problem buddy :)

Would have to be this for me
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7tzXCnDwq2zOJEoxc8W8s9qCzEHGKaKTWIKpMfgTfp1f01oFwWH-lnYdLVA.jpg

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
oh and as regards to the DUB badge....
Dub2121 up, 451 downhttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dub#http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dub#
1. Abbreviaton for the letter W
2. Twenty dollars
3. Twenty dollars worth of anything, especially narcotics
4. Twenty-inch rims
5. The art of making a remix, especially a reggae song, in which the lyrics are all or partially removed and the focus is placed on the drum track and the bass
6. Generally incorrectly used as a name for any remix to any song
That was from urban dictionary, I'm all for making a car personal to the owner, but number 2 really stands out as what the car will be worth once all this green is applied

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
please get 16'' super t's. they look best on clios... 15''s are too small in supert (IMO) and 17''s in any wheel. on a mk2 clio are laughable

I remember when I thought bigger wherls were better. Probably a decade ago now. :(

Swift Sport
It's like converting a PS1 into a PS3, completely pointless. Fair play for doing your own thing regardless of criticism, but although your car will be unique the concept behind it is rather stale.

I'm a student holding a part time job, and have a 182. I'm confused about how you can't afford a Sport model, students are loaded. FACT, don't live the stereotype

im a student with 2 part time jobs, i get the lowest loan thanks to a discrepancy with student finance, no grant and i have had to pay for rent and bills aswell as food shopping... the rent takes nearly all of my loan and means i have to live off what i earn, my jobs need me to have business insurance which added another 1200+ to my insurance yearly and i had no help from my parents at any point along the way.. my jobs only allow me to work on the weekend and cost me money to travel to (which i dont get back) and i then get minimum rate an hour to cover all this as well as wear and tear on the car.

whats hard to understand that? not all students get the full loan amount or have input from their parents and neither do all students get their first car bought for them.

no problem buddy :)

Would have to be this for me
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7tzXCnDwq2zOJEoxc8W8s9qCzEHGKaKTWIKpMfgTfp1f01oFwWH-lnYdLVA.jpg

i must say tyler the monster sticker is the most appealing suggestion yet but im worried about copyright etc for using their logo :/

Clio.jpg

but as i was saying to you mate this was my other idea to have the outline in the same style as the clio badge (like the sticker shown) but just the outline about 1-2inch thick across the back quarter. but yeah i decided the side strips are a gonner :/ no one likes them (aside from one or two exceptions) but the rest will be staying with either of the 2 stickers down the car :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
nice to see you find it funny :/

i only asked for advice on the stripes and it took over 100 replys of people saying my car looks s**t for one guy to like it and stand up guy (tyler) to say you know what i like that here are the dimensions...

Excellent were on the same wave length.

Green looks shite in the photoshop, wheels are good, mirror covers and badges are good the rest is cack. And before you start saying its individual I've done the mad colour scheme, I had orange wheels and wing mirrors, but what you want is too much. The best looking cars are always subtly done, not the crap you see with monster stickers everywhere!

Excellent were on the same wave length.

Green looks s**te in the photoshop, wheels are good, mirror covers and badges are good the rest is cack. And before you start saying its individual I've done the mad colour scheme, I had orange wheels and wing mirrors, but what you want is too much. The best looking cars are always subtly done, not the crap you see with monster stickers everywhere!

iv said on my other thread im toning it down and to be fair it would look better if the greens were all the actual colour as the grill and badge and interior. but the main thing is im keeping the wheels, calipers and 16v bits on the side and the wing mirrors, the side strips are going.

Any more pics of her?

I always found the steering quite responsive on the Clio. Firm rack on her?

Why don't you stop spending money on mods, fill her up, take her down a country lane and open her up. Seriously more fun than wasting money on mods.

i have done that already, took her out down country lanes the first week of passing my test :) went through a phase of spending money purely on petrol for day trips but now i rarely have the time and so want to treat her how she should be treat... kept in good condition, and spoiled everynow and then with new parts :)

Always good to take them down country lanes, I find it doesn't matter how noisy they are you can just push that much harder and nobody minds.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
im a student with 2 part time jobs, i get the lowest loan thanks to a discrepancy with student finance, no grant and i have had to pay for rent and bills aswell as food shopping... the rent takes nearly all of my loan and means i have to live off what i earn, my jobs need me to have business insurance which added another 1200+ to my insurance yearly and i had no help from my parents at any point along the way.. my jobs only allow me to work on the weekend and cost me money to travel to (which i dont get back) and i then get minimum rate an hour to cover all this as well as wear and tear on the car.

whats hard to understand that? not all students get the full loan amount or have input from their parents and neither do all students get their first car bought for them.

Just to let you know, this is my 3rd car, which I bought myself, I don't receive any form of student loan or grant to cover the cost of accommodation, food and tuition fees. I work part time during term time, and around 80 hours per week during holiday periods, before I went to uni i saved almost every penny I could get my hands on. and yes parents did buy my first car it was a K reg nissan micra which cost £400. I'm also funding the rebuild of my TVR Tamora, have a look in the project threads. I'm know i'm sounding like a knob, but just because your young doesn't mean you should have no money, work hard during off time, save and you can get what you want.

You work 80hours a week during holidays, so have no life at all, for the sake of a Clio?

Students should be getting drunk and having fun. Not worrying about insurance and mods for a car they can't really afford.

107 Track Car & C4
Just to let you know, this is my 3rd car, which I bought myself, I don't receive any form of student loan or grant to cover the cost of accommodation, food and tuition fees. I work part time during term time, and around 80 hours per week during holiday periods, before I went to uni i saved almost every penny I could get my hands on. and yes parents did buy my first car it was a K reg nissan micra which cost £400. I'm also funding the rebuild of my TVR Tamora, have a look in the project threads. I'm know i'm sounding like a knob, but just because your young doesn't mean you should have no money, work hard during off time, save and you can get what you want.

This. IMO its silly spending too much money on a car of its age. You're never going to get back what you put into it anyway. Better off saving and waiting for a 1*2 or whatever takes your fancy at the time.

I really like it, not sure what everyone else is on about. (clearly blind)
As I want you to get the strips on asap the measurement are;

38mm wide (both sides)
and a gap of 50mm
You would need around 7m just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see it finished.
Also I would recommend not doing the sides in green but do the biggest monster logo possible on the rear quarter (overlapping the window)

heres a few pics of the car as she is :) more to follow :D

389834_338299716180692_100000019987278_1319574_165171066_n.jpg

406990_338299769514020_100000019987278_1319576_1455913222_n.jpg

381301_338299879514009_100000019987278_1319580_1957706182_n.jpg

400301_338299932847337_100000019987278_1319582_1885168287_n.jpg

387499_338300012847329_100000019987278_1319584_904722068_n.jpg

:) more to follow as i say :D just need to get them off my phone (the stages so far :D )