ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make a forced air induction kit for £1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172 cup
I have lots of spare buckets

There will be alot of research and development going on in the next few weeks

Im guessing JMS will be glad there out of this game now.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Just a quick suggestion.

To avoid the radiator problem have you considered making a cut out in your bonnet so half of the bucket can sit out above the bonnet and the lower half will then be above the radiator.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cut the rim off the bucket, that way it will be a very well designed cone/surround for an induction kit... With no place to clip the bucket handle to :)

Any chance of a decat being made too?

^^ sorry :p

Just a quick suggestion.

To avoid the radiator problem have you considered making a cut out in your bonnet so half of the bucket can sit out above the bonnet and the lower half will then be above the radiator.

Genius, home made massive air scoop for all the pikey 1.2s y0!

Can create a new product line here, I send in my bonnet plus £50, you return me a specially cow-milking-bucket-adapted-air-scoop-ready "lightened" (because it has a hole in it...) clio bonnet.

Clio 172 cup
Just a quick suggestion.

I have but im going to move the radiator across 6 inches first so it clears the bucket

Clio
Is a 1.2 radiator smaller???

Not sure, but I'm decorating at the moment and have a tiny radiator from the downstairs bathroom, the room is hardly big enough to swing my **** so the radiator is tiny. You might be able to modify that to fit? Free of charge, you just cover postage.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Omg that is quality. I bet if it was wrapped in carbon then thousands of people would buy this ok eBay!!
Just don't mention it's a bucket lol

Clio 172 cup
Omg that is quality. I bet if it was wrapped in carbon then thousands of people would buy this ok eBay!!
Just don't mention it's a bucket lol

Exactly

People cant see past the fact that its a bucket simply turned into a effective heatshield

Some very depressing people on here tbh

RacingBlue + IceBurg
ship-fail.jpg

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Almost as much fail as buying loads of new sensors for your car without correctly diagnosing the fault first...

a load? 2, which came up as faults when it WAS diagnosed.... called trying to save some money, thats the point of the forum i posted in isnt it? to ask questions, have a go at sorting issues yourself? ... anyways, renault have it now, and are still trying to get it running properly again, as when they plugged in their sensor it said no faults, as i had the errors wiped.

try harder?

*life story over....*

Exactly

People cant see past the fact that its a bucket simply turned into a effective heatshield

Some very depressing people on here tbh

Even before everyone started taking the piss that is everyone's point. It's not effective, the reasons having already been stated.

Having said that, good on you for trying something. If you had fun, good on you. If it sounds great, good on you! Maybe people who already have an IK, thus already suffer from heat soak will do this because it sounds good. The piss taking started when you tried to convince people it worked.

Black 172
Please revels... It took ages making the step by step guide... It works so why not??
The main reason I paid my £12 membership was for the guides which were described as "good" and "helpful".
If I paid and the first guide I accessed was yours I'd have done a PayPal chargeback quicker than you can say "bucket fail" :D

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
please note it looks as if the feed comes out the front of the bonnet but it was intended to be sketched as behind the grill and bumper. Upon consideration, you can run it either way to create a sort of elephant trunk look.

Cable ties required.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
On ebay you can find proper enclosed induction kits for around the £15-20 mark that come with an extendable CAF hose. I bought one for my saxo, fitted a ramair foam filter into it that I previously had. You can keep your BMCs! haha

Swift Sport
Well if it's cost you £1.50 to make you car sound better then fair play. As for the engine bay comments I don't see the problem, your bonnet is always shut!? ...If you're embarrassed by the cheap-ass mod then remove it if you take it to a garage!? And finally, IMO gaining or losing a couple of Bhp here and there makes f*ck all difference anyway!

Your biggest fail was posting it all on here for everyone to laugh at.

Status
Not open for further replies.