ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make a forced air induction kit for £1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Your wrong

It does EXACTLY the same thing as expensive open induction kits

Goodbye and god bless you!

The general consensus is the Simota you have replicated doesn't work.

Get it on a rolling road and prove you're right with back to back runs of standard and bucket setups.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Next time i buy a 10 piece KFC bargain bucket i'll remember not to throw it away after eating all the chicken and fries :D

I reckon drilling a few holes in the bonnet to let cold air in would complete this mod nicely. Probably put 5 extra ponies under your right foot as well.

Clio 172 cup
Are there any vids of the sound yet?

Or pics of a slut on the bonnet.

Video will be made once i have a decent video camera, tried doing one on my 3gs but the quality was s**te

Will either buy a decent hd camcorder or make a vid with my new Iphone 5 next monthish ( if it ever comes out)

Yes... Techincally the air will be colder. Q=mCpdT. Same heat load, more mass/flowrate, same Cp therefore increase in temperature will be less.

Even if the increase in temperature is slightly less - a bucket behind a radiator, behind a slam panel, behind a bumper at 60mph will never produce a big enough increase in air mass to compensate for the temperature of the air decreasing the density

"Ram air" induction kits are utter utter b****cks. You'd have to do 150mph+ to see any sort of forced air effect and the ones that point straight to a red hot area are retarded
If they are so good then how come not a single competitive car runs them?

Copying a £150 chav induction kit that doesn't work with a £16.50 bucket and filter just shows that he's not quite as gullible as the idiots who pay £150 for a "ram air kit" - but then harping on for 13 pages about the power increases that you get from them kinda undoes that

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I have not been on CS for ages, getting fed up with the usual BHP arguments, turinis, whiteline, expensive as hell mods for .1 of a HP, etc

The Performance bucket is amazing, I'll look forward to opening Clio bonnets at work from now on :)

ITB BG 182
Rs2.jpg

Great idea, on the right hand side of this picture. If you cut about 1/3 to half of the bottle away then put a filter over it, then some how get some butterflys in there. You have a cheapo ITB kit. Light weight too.

Listerine & Poledo
this all reminds me of when Blue Peter showed the country how to build tracey island out of old copies of the Times and a whole load of empty bottles.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
okay im going to open up a paypal so people can donate towards this being run on a dyno pre and post bucket.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
does anybody happen to know what sort of bucket i need to install one on my impreza??? i have a bucket from halfords but doesnt want to fit! :(

Clio 172 cup
Pics of a slut then/

If your girlfriend is free on sat/sunday then we could do a cheeky photo shoot next to the bucket mod

Hoping to get this featured in Redline magazine for the November issue as they are doing a 5 page spread about money saving mods :)

Clio 172 cup
okay im going to open up a paypal so people can donate towards this being run on a dyno pre and post bucket.

In might as well go into my paypal, if everyone just donates £1 that is interested in this mod the monies should build up in no time

Once it gets to £100 I will give Motoscope in Northallerton a ring and its game on

Ps. Mini bonnet scoop is going on soon X

Megane 225 F1
If your girlfriend is free on sat/sunday then we could do a cheeky photo shoot next to the bucket mod

Hoping to get this featured in Redline magazine for the November issue as they are doing a 5 page spread about money saving mods :)

Her ass is too big.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
OMFG

I can't believe I have missed this thread.

What the actual f**k.

If anyone ever asks anything to do with Chavs and Clios, a link shall be made to this, and my point proven.

Listerine & Poledo
"Custom induction kit (The famous bucket mod)"

This was in the "good points" section of the ad?

Clio 172 cup
Are you actually retarded???

What has this got to do with a chav??

Its under the bonnet, it does its job and know one sees it,

Im 32, married with 2 kids, i dont drive into mcdonalds every night to show my spotty friends my latest mods like half the tw4ts on here.

OMFG

I can't believe I have missed this thread.

What the actual f**k.

If anyone ever asks anything to do with Chavs and Clios, a link shall be made to this, and my point proven.

clio 172
I cannot believe this! Has this guy thought of a safety issue here, putting a plastic bucket which will melt in no time under your bonnet? ha ha wonder if he has told his insurance this! Great thread though, a joke of an idea !

Status
Not open for further replies.