ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need some clarification please!

RX7 FD
Hey guys,

Got an interesting little question that I want to see if any of you can help me with. I will be starting a new job next week based at the Channel Tunnel, now I will be on the French side of the Tunnel day to day but never leaving the port so effectively staying "air side" to go with an airport term. Now my question is, am I actually covered with my insurance, Elephant say the following:

Am I insured to travel abroad?

Your policy gives you the cover described in your current Certificate of Motor Insurance for events occurring in:

• Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channel islands
  • Any other country which is a member of the European Union
  • Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Croatia, Andorra and Liechtenstein
The car is covered whilst it is being transported by air, sea or rail between those countries.

Using your car abroad

Your policy automatically includes a FREE International Motor Insurance Certificate (which you will find on the back of your current Certificate of Motor Insurance) for a maximum of 30 consecutive days in any one trip up to a maximum of 90 days in a year. The International Motor Insurance Certificate is only valid for the above named countries and there is no need to call us if you are taking your car to any of these countries. However, should you wish to travel to any country not included in the above list please call us on 0871 882 2233 (calls to 0871 numbers are charged at 8p per minute plus network extras) and we may, in some instances, be able to issue a Green Card for you.

I am not sure if my policy does or does not cover me as I am commuting to my workplace and technically not entering France, even though I am geographically in France. Any of you experts can shed some light on this for me? I know its probably an unusual case.Any help before I call up would be appreciated.Thanks

Dave