ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone

Tesla MP3 2021
Kok what do you think the odds are of me getting a free iphone on Friday.

I have 2 contracts, 1 with Orange which I use as my main one and a old O2 contract that I don't pass any traffic over. They are both with CPW as I get staff discount :) and I got a letter off them the other day about my O2 contract and it being eligible for an upgrade. So I called and spoke to a lady who said unfortunately she couldn't do any pre sale with me on the iphone but she is going to call me on Friday when it is released. I have said I will keep my O2 contract and use it as my main one if I can get the iphone for free.

What do you reckon lol ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
Na not willing to pay anything lol. Not sure how things work as well being staff (sort of) as she said that may change things.

Ford Puma
I thought it was a minimum with O2 whatever contract you have...£199.

Its a good phone but the screen scratches easily and if you have fat fingers you press too many buttons on the touch screen!

A mate has got one that he got from America, i don't know the ins and outs but its a quality piece of kit with those 2 major let downs :(

106 GTi
Can't see the screen scratching easily if it is the same as the Touch which is hardcore ! lol

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah you have to pay 199 if you are buying it as a new customer but I am sure there are going to be plenty of O2 customers making the girls and boys in the retention dept work their arse off for a good deal :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Its £269 I think. Staff discount as far as I know it 30% off the price off the phone but since commission is less on the iPhone than other phones I guess you might not be able to get discount straight away.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
i reckon they will make everyone pay, they have the monopoly on them as its only O2, its not like you can say fine i'll go to orange cuz they'll give me one free, so they can do what they want really. get one privately, and hack the updates!

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah sorry the phone is £269. TBH I aint that fussed to get one. They are nice but I can wait if I dont get a deal on Friday.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I doubt there will be any good deals on it for a while, demand is to huge. The carphone warehouse I work at is closing at 3pm on friday to get ready for 6pm re-open for iphone launch at 6:02 lol we're open till 10 that night! Maybe a deal after xmas, but dont think my manager evens knows of anything like that lol

Tesla MP3 2021
lol I know they have even changed the ball for it. See I dont know about anything inside the CPW shops as I work for Opal so I dont deal with CPW lol. But the lady on the phone said I may get a deal with being staff????? So she is either telling me a load of old bull or knows something!!!! haha

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Well yesteray was my 1st day lol but I found out staff get no discount on o2 contract (what a bugger! prob switch to orange but p1i and w960 only on o2!) and think its 30% discount on phone prices, but I'm not sure if iphone will be an exception.

I don't think you can get the iPhone for any less than advertised.
Even the tarrifs look fixed, so, the price you see, I think, is going to be the minimum you pay :)

It's never going to be subsidised.

Tesla MP3 2021
LOL well thats my plan out of the window. The Iphone is not availible at all as an upgrade lol. No adjustment on price at all even for staff haha.

Will just leave it a few months untill they are free on a new contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Will just leave it a few months untill they are free on a new contract.

The words "dream on" spring to mind. Won't happen, iPhone price is fixed by apple, short and simple - apple are in charge of the sales here.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
If they say you have to pay for it tell them to f**k off, their loss as they will lose you as a contract customer

If they say you have to pay for it tell them to f**k off, their loss as they will lose you as a contract customer

They don't care.. Heh.
If you want an iPhone, you *HAVE* to pay. That's the point.

If you say "f**k off", then you don't pay, but you don't have an iPhone..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
think people are missing the point... its the same with ipods you might be able to get them about 10 quid cheaper but thats it the price pretty much always stays fixed... apple are saying if you want to have an iphone you HAVE to pay its exclusive to people who pay...

my friend spends about 700+ a month with o2 and they wouldnt give it him for free they said tough lol... o2 arnt in charge of the price APPLE are... you pay a premium on anything apple... but some people are willing to... thought who aint... u just wont get it lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no 3g, crap camera, no gps. low tech! wait for the gen2

3g i dont care about, camera.... im a photographer i dont use my phone for images, gps... i use tom tom, i have a n95, i have never used the gps on that cos its s**t!!!

i dont care if its low tech, it looks cool and does what it does well... its like the whole ps3 thing lol some people **** them lol some people like them...

i dont care im still getting one :D

VaVa
There's no denyning that not having video and having such a crap camera are pretty poor for a new phone. Seems a little daft that it has a fantastic interface for browsing pics on it's excellent screen but an absolutley poxy camera.

Does what it does well? You tried texting on one? ;)

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Just got mine from the o2 store in Chester. Arrived about 18:05 and only had to wait for 10 mins or so. Would have been quicker had the people in front not taken out the insurance.

Was back home by 18:25 and the phone is now activated and just synching my music.

1 Series Coupe
Just got mine from the o2 store in Chester. Arrived about 18:05 and only had to wait for 10 mins or so. Would have been quicker had the people in front not taken out the insurance.

Was back home by 18:25 and the phone is now activated and just synching my music.

First impressions?

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Coolest thing ever!

Will report in more detail when I've finished playing! :D

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Went for the basic £35 a month. I'll use more data than calls and texts so this suits me fine.

You can sort of upgrade if you're already on o2, but you won't get any better deal than a new customer (or any worse actually).

This thing really is awesome. The most usable phone I've ever used. Nothing needs looking up it's so intuitive.

The keyboard looks like it may take a bit of getting used to, but even after 20 mins or so I'm getting the hang of it.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Don't believe anyone who says the keyboard is rubbish and unusable.
It'll take a bit of getting used to but then so did T9 when that first came out. The dictionary/suggest feature is brilliant though and saves loads of time correcting mistakes.

The trickiest bit is remembering its QWERTY and not in the numeric keypad layout!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
got mine but cant activate it server is busy :(

GAY

going to go out and cry now :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
1. enter "*#307#" press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove "*#307#", now enter "0" , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact list.
And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call" slide, then enter "0", press call, press hold, press decline

2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of menus with favorites, you can
edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

3. Now edit a new contact and type in a web-address

4. When you tap the address safari opens but only displays an error saying that it cannot access the website, it also looks like safari freezes up.

5. Now press the home button, and for a split second the iPhone shows a screen where you can select wi-fi networks. Now you have to be really quick and select a network before the phone freezes.

6. Next you get Back to the "emergency call page" and every on screen button has frozen so the only thing you can do is turn off the phone.

7. Turn the iPhone off then on again

8. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts, then hit that web address you typed in.

19. And Voilla, you can now use your iPhone with safari....