ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
im returning my iphone today what a let down... and mostly silly things too like no bluetooth file transfer, crap ringtones etc. Think ill stick with my trusty n95

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
yeah if you wanna pay for them you can, also has no video recording capability itunes software is a pile of s**t no mms ... the list goes on, biggest gadget letdown ever imo

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i tunes is good lol if u use a mac... ringtones can be done for free if u go to the effort... i love mine wouldnt change it :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
i have the best of both worlds, an ipod touch and a proper Nokia phone for doing all the phone stuff;)

I also won a new ipod nano yesterday and found it easy to sync it with the same pc and now have an ipod for the car too. i'm happy.

After seeing the iPhone on the gadget show though, gald i went for the touch now and not the phone as the touch seems to have all the best features and none of the hassle of the phone.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
iPhone - Great Design, No Features.

yep agreed, it is a good design but unfortunately it does .... Well not much really and everything it does do my n95 does better, just wasn't the phone for me unfortunately. Hopefully they bring a more feature packed version out in the not too distant future

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
i have the best of both worlds, an ipod touch and a proper Nokia phone for doing all the phone stuff;)

That's not the best of both worlds, it is both worlds.

The best of both worlds would be something that is a combination of the best parts of two things - like the music features from the iPod touch and the phone features from a mobile phone. ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I had a little play with a iphone today, nice bit of kit. Although i don't like the plastic bit on the back cover iirc the ipod touch is all metal.

Monaro VXR
I would like one if they were not so daftly priced with shitty contracts.

As a result I will be sticking with my XDA Exec until they get an iPhone out with the features I need at a more reasonable cost with better contracts.

I actually want one I just dont want to lose certain features I am used to having an use often.

dk

911 GTS Cab

That's not the best of both worlds, it is both worlds.

The best of both worlds would be something that is a combination of the best parts of two things - like the music features from the iPod touch and the phone features from a mobile phone. ;)
i have that, i have glued them back to back;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
I had a little play with a iphone today, nice bit of kit. Although i don't like the plastic bit on the back cover iirc the ipod touch is all metal.
it is but scrathes VERY easy, mine has hardly been touched and is scratched already, and the finger marks, don't get me started on the grubby finger marks!

1 Series Coupe
it is but scrathes VERY easy, mine has hardly been touched and is scratched already, and the finger marks, don't get me started on the grubby finger marks!

You should wash your hands after you've been to the toilet!! :rasp:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

You need a vaja case dave, mine is lovely.

got a iphone yesterday its so good internet is really fast got over 2000 songs on it and can type on the touch screen for a message as fast as i could on my old phone plus edge works in my area relly well so emails and utube is free best phone ive ever had well done apple must been seen and used to understand how good it is

dk

911 GTS Cab

You need a vaja case dave, mine is lovely.
they look a bit fancy and minimalistic, was thinking of getting one of those seethru things like this

http://www.easyishop.co.uk/product....r_ezskins_ipod_touch_case__8_16gb__onyx_black

where would i purchase one of these vaja in the uk please?

2014 Focus Titanium
There are a few of things I envy on the iphone regarding my N95.

One is the internet is quicker, I'm assuming that's down to RAM and how quickly the page is processed.

Another if the funky scrolling and zooming, but that's just a gimmick I'd get bored with tbh.

And lastly the fact that youtube is so good on it. Its brilliant and very quick.

Other than that, I prefer GPS (and yes its good GPS dont believe anyone who says its s**t), I prefer a decent phone camera, i prefer a flash for my camera, i prefer 3g, i prefer stereo sound, i prefer 30fps videos, i prefer MMS Support, i prefer speed dialing, i prefer TV out, etc etc

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
However receiving mms is easy. Sending not so easy.

My Phone:

Proper internet? Yup
Proper Email? Yup
Decent Camera? Yup
Google maps? Yup
Wifi? Yup?
Touch Screen? Yup
Navigation? Yup
Decent input device? Yup

But its not an iphone and its not costing me £1000.

PS N95 Gps is rubbish compared to a decent sirfIII BT GPS.
iPhone as good as it may seem, is simply a gimmick with phone functionality. Come February when the SDK is out and apps are developed then things will change. (Unless other people move the game on cough Nov 15 cough)

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought my iPhone on Friday night and after a crap 3 days awaiting o2/Apple fixing 'iTunes Store is Busy' problems I finally got it activated today.

So far I love it, will have a better look at it when I get home from work and sync it with my iMac.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL I had the I store servers busy s**t then realised I had the old I tunes installed LOL downloaded the latest version and worked straight away LOL sat there swearing at the phone and my MacBook felt dumb when I worked it out. Love my iphone by far the best and nicest phone I have had :) gets a little warm but I can live with that :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
gets a little warm but I can live with that :)

Hah, Apple just can't do the heat thing. My MBP used to COOK me. :(

Then again, it wasn't 4 foot thick with fans the size of a windfarm on it either. ;)

Swings and roundabouts, you make it thinner then you have to accept that there is less thermal mass to help cool it.

Rav4
damn your making me want one now, might just wait til the end of the month and go to france!

Wonder what Iphone2 will be like, 3G would be a huge requirement for me and also push email.

Rav4
yer, IMAP, true. but does not work properly according to some forums, not too sure, cannot comment as I don't have one.

3G, of course it's good, quicker than Edge, would make a huge difference in speed performance.

Such a handy phone, really enjoyed using it on Saturday at the mac store.

It's just that long contract :s

Citroen DS3 DSport
The unlock is nearly ready for the uk iPhone so you are better buying one of those in a week or two rather than the French handset which is rumoured to cost a lot more for the unlocked version.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yer, IMAP, true. but does not work properly according to some forums, not too sure, cannot comment as I don't have one.

3G, of course it's good, quicker than Edge, would make a huge difference in speed performance.

Such a handy phone, really enjoyed using it on Saturday at the mac store.

It's just that long contract :s

buy in cpwh get the insurance they do... there is an option to cancel your contract after 6 months... so get this iphone and when the next is out cancel your contract get a new iphone2 lol.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The unlock is nearly ready for the uk iPhone so you are better buying one of those in a week or two rather than the French handset which is rumoured to cost a lot more for the unlocked version.
Heh, what are you going to do when the software needs updating or the phone breaks though? You really think Apple will update/fix it after you have illegally unlocked it ;)

I work at O2 and our staff discount was upto £70 off of the handset but still paying the full tariff price, and for what is a essentially a sh*t phone but a damn cool ipod...
I'll wait for the Sony Ericsson W960 thankyou please http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w960-2008.php

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Indeed. Esp with the phone features that are unique, ie:

Visual voicemail
SMS conversations
Ambient light sensor (auto screen brightness)
Proximity sensor (screen goes off when you move it near your ear)

Despite Edge being slower than 3G, the faster UI of the phone means you can do stuff like plot a route in Google maps faster than an N95. ;)