ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone

Citroen DS3 DSport
Edge has proved to be far faster than I had been led to believe and pages are loading in pretty much the same time that they would have on my N73 but with the advantage that I can actually read them clearly.

Rav4
Oh dear, did not realise you could do it after 6 months, even applicable for the iphone contracts?

Damn!!

yer, IMAP, true. but does not work properly according to some forums, not too sure, cannot comment as I don't have one.

3G, of course it's good, quicker than Edge, would make a huge difference in speed performance.

Such a handy phone, really enjoyed using it on Saturday at the mac store.

It's just that long contract :s

buy in cpwh get the insurance they do... there is an option to cancel your contract after 6 months... so get this iphone and when the next is out cancel your contract get a new iphone2 lol.

Over hyped IMO. Bit of a fool to buy one IMO. Nearly £1k for a phone.. pmsl.

People are right though. Each to their own. If someone gave me one I'd not knock it, but I wont be parting my hard earned for one atm. I'll stick to my ipod and me old nokia.

I nearly bought the HTC Touch to replace my mda a couple of months back, but didnt because I couldnt justify paying so much for it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
£810 of that cost would be applicable no matter what phone I got with any network on a £45 p/month contract. I never understand why people bother to include that in the cost. All that matters is handset price. If you are happy to pay it then do so, if not why moan about it?

I'm very happy with the iPhone, I had planned to spend £200 on the Touch so it's realistically only cost me £70 for the phone.

106 GTi
Included because the crap tariff prices are a big part of why some people are not buying them - that is the only reason I went for the touch and ditched the iphone idea.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My tarrif is not bad value at all considering all it includes, better value than the tariff I was on for the previous 18 months.

The £35 p/month tariff is awful but the £45 is fair value and is not wildly different from other networks.

Mr2 Roadster
I can't believe people still pay for a monthly contract?

I get flext 200 and web and walk for free with T-mobile, that's over £40 that I don't pay for and I got a free phone, so why do the rest of you have to pay?

I nearly bought the HTC Touch to replace my mda a couple of months back, but didnt because I couldnt justify paying so much for it.

You saved yourself - it's the worse phone ever. I had one for 4 months - I've just got rid of it (stuffed in my drawer now).. horrible.

White Sti Hatch
Why buy a phone thats worth £300 and in the end pay almost £1500 on a contract for it....its the dumbest thing ever !!

You saved yourself - it's the worse phone ever. I had one for 4 months - I've just got rid of it (stuffed in my drawer now).. horrible.

lol! If you ever think of selling it, PM me. I might just be interested..

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Wait ontil an unlock becomes available for the latest firmware.

Buy it from apple for £269 bring it home,Never activate the thing with o2 over itunes.

Jailbreak + unlock then put you own sim in the thing.

Its only going to cost you the £269 with no rolling contract.

106 GTi
Wait ontil an unlock becomes available for the latest firmware.

Buy it from apple for £269 bring it home,Never activate the thing with o2 over itunes.

Jailbreak + unlock then put you own sim in the thing.

Its only going to cost you the £269 with no rolling contract.

At the time of purchase even online from apple do you not enter some form of O2 contract though ?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
No, its all done over itunes when you get home.

i think its even the same from an o2 store.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah you do not sign anything in store. I had considered waiting for the unlock but I'd have ended up paying a similar monthly cost so I was as well activating with O2.

Rav4
explain this to me ?

So you don't have to be on the contract, you can just buy it for £269?

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean here.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
explain this to me ?

So you don't have to be on the contract, you can just buy it for £269?

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean here.

yep you buy it for 269 and dont sign up to the contract in store.

you sign up over itunes which you dont have to do so you could jailbreak then unlock and pop in a payg sim.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, which is stupid.

Plus you have to hand the sim back and have a new number.

£269 + 2 insurance payments later (£30+, however im pretty sure its 9months on 18 month contracts so thats 3 payments) £300+ in the bin.

Oh and £29.50 excess.

£398ish?

OWNED.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its 6 months, they can give u a puk code for the number... i sold my n95 and n93 and got enough to buy the iphone i paid nothing for the n95 or the 93... so tech i pay 30 quid and 30 quid excess so i pay 60 quid for an iphone :p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
1. Using Acp feature

b. For a 18 month minimum term Airtime Contract you must have held your Airtime Contract for a period of at least 9 months.

g. To effect your ACP feature, you must advise a sales consultant in a Carphone Warehouse store that you want to end your Airtime Contract and provide them with your equipment in full working order. You must allow us to take over your rights and responsibilities under the Airtime Contract and provide us with all the information, documents and help we need from you in order for us to do so.g. To effect your ACP feature, you must advise a sales consultant in a Carphone Warehouse store that you want to end your Airtime Contract and provide them with your equipment in full working order. You must allow us to take over your rights and responsibilities under the Airtime Contract and provide us with all the information, documents and help we need from you in order for us to do so.

Says nothing about a PUK, but i only work for them.

Revels Mum & Sister
I didnt realise you could just buy them in the Apple store without contract obviously at the moment thats useless unless you want an O2 contract

I had a play with one the other day and was very impressed with it. However that may have been new gadget fever

Citroen DS3 DSport
6 days later and I'm still happy with my iPhone :) Hopefully I'll feel the same for the next 18 months :D

So by 4 days ago, thats pretty good! lol

I didnt realise about the contract, but im not that bothered! Im still glad I bought the Touch!

a thirsty one
i went and had a play on one last week at the local O2 store while the wife was shopping, i must admit i was expecting it to be all show and no go more gadget than actually useable but i was quite surprised seemed a decent bit of kit, a mate bought the new touch thing on monday and hes really happy with it.

i have fat fingers and for texting etc it was 100% accurate, i avoided all the extra gimmicks and was just after seeing how well is did the things we actually use a phone for text/calling and it did both pretty well.

they were asking 269 pound and a minimum 18month 30 quid contract that gave you 200 mins anytime and 200 texts, still a bit steep think i'll wait a year or two.

if you got the cash and like the gadgets then cool.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I tried one today. I thought it was too big and awkward to text on.

People will buy it though because it's "cool".

I tried one today. I thought it was too big and awkward to text on.

People will buy it though because it's "cool".

It is cool. Thats why people buy anything Apple. There a probably better and cheaper MP3 players, but that doesnt mean im going to buy it.

iPod looks the best and does everything I need, I dont mind paying for the privilege.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I setup a IMAP account for use with my iPhone last night and really like it, the interface is far more usable than the POP accounts.