ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've just broken down and it sounded expensive

Looking for 182
hey mate i know how you feel when i bought my cup last year in november it very quickly came to my attention that something was wrong with the front left had blatently been crashed and fixed to a very poor standard just to sell, anyway cut a long story short i had to change everything, new discs, new stub axle, new shock, new bottom end ball joint, new suspension arm, new driveshaft hub, new steering arm and ball joint. Then just as i was happy and id finally diagnosed and fixed that(got my handling back) my rear offside caliper siezed on and cracked my disc.... THEN my throttle body failed.... save to say i was quite raging by then lol.

All sorted now tho runs fine apart from a small misfire which i believe to be a faulty lambda but thats a recent problem. what im saying is keep hope mate cos since i fixed all problems i absolutely love the car again handles like a treat and pulls hard like it should. good luck!

Thanks mate. Having the car running 100% is close, I can feel it.

On my list:

Eibach Sportlines (bought, need to fit them)
New exhaust
New dephaser pulley (I think)
A few rattles to fix
Turinis

:)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Thanks mate. Having the car running 100% is close, I can feel it.

On my list:

Eibach Sportlines (bought, need to fit them)
New exhaust
New dephaser pulley (I think)
A few rattles to fix
Turinis

:)

ah yeah that reminds me had to replace the alloys aswell cos front one was scrwed... however i found the team dynamics 1s that i bought to actually be lighter than the turinis by 1.6kg each which is a small bonus i guess, dont look as nice tho :(

Would also reccomend a front strut brace really tightened my front end up thru the tight twisty corners

106GTI / NovaC20LET
What do you mean by 'tightened up the front end'? Does it feel like you have more grip?

yeah more grip, removes quite alot of front end chassis flex and roll thru corners you'll see what i mean by feels tighter if you get 1. I put a omp strut on with my 40mm apex springs and it really does handle alot better(was gonna get coilovers but dont think ill bother now) supposedly reduces tyre wear aswell but i cant vouce for that as it tends to make me want to throw it into corners hard lol