ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Stealth - Too Loud?

Fabia vRS
UPDATE - Fitted the replacement rear section about 2 weeks ago. So far I have taken it for 4 or 5 smoking hot blasts, the exhaust has even been smoking and smelling of burning plastic when I get home. Took it for 600 miles on the motorway last weekend, still way too droney between 65 and 85, I can't even hear my strereo properly. I think I'm gonna have to get a proper dB reading for K-Tec to appreciate how loud and annoying it really is. I'm not happy to say the least. I'm taking it for another 600 mile run in 2 weeks. If I see no improvements after this I'm gonna have to get rid of it. Do you hear me K-Tec, I want a refund!

Ph 1 172
just out of interest i have had my ktec stealth supersports for like 1-2months now..... and is it just mine or is it really raspy when you first fire and floor it. but once its got warm after 2 mins of driving goes slightly more droney????? i love it no matter what but love the raspy thing..wish it was always like that

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Loud/boomy/droney. That was my experience of a Ktec stealth. Lasted 7 days........ fucked it off for a decatted standard system.

E90 320d M Sport
UPDATE - Fitted the replacement rear section about 2 weeks ago. So far I have taken it for 4 or 5 smoking hot blasts, the exhaust has even been smoking and smelling of burning plastic when I get home. Took it for 600 miles on the motorway last weekend, still way too droney between 65 and 85, I can't even hear my strereo properly. I think I'm gonna have to get a proper dB reading for K-Tec to appreciate how loud and annoying it really is. I'm not happy to say the least. I'm taking it for another 600 mile run in 2 weeks. If I see no improvements after this I'm gonna have to get rid of it. Do you hear me K-Tec, I want a refund!

I find if I take it for a blast and then do 60-70mph the noise is heading towards unbearable - can't talk to people in the car and that.

Toodling around it is fine though.

I have done about 300 miles on mine so far, just wish it sounded like it does when it's cold, all the time!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Loud/boomy/droney. That was my experience of a Ktec stealth. Lasted 7 days........ f**ked it off for a decatted standard system.

idd my custom stealth was the same, REALLY annoying on long A road trips if you dont have your stereo up loud!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I don't find my stealth that loud at motorway crusing speeds....

I'm thinking about getting a yozzasport race system next :evil:

de-cat put it over the edge for me, was better with a cat. I wouldnt care if I was the only one that used the car, but it gets used for everything so have to think of others as well when it comes to the noise :( Id have a Yozza race system with a de-cat and 182 manifold if I had my way :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
de-cat put it over the edge for me, was better with a cat. I wouldnt care if I was the only one that used the car, but it gets used for everything so have to think of others as well when it comes to the noise :( Id have a Yozza race system with a de-cat and 182 manifold if I had my way :)

yes mate atm i'm running a cat-back k-tec stealth and share it with the GF.

Soon the 172 will be my weekend toy, then i can have my way :approve:

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
there's always ear plugs :) for the long trips.

And windows down ear plugs out for the B road blasts.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Tbh i had a ktec stealth and found it better on the motoway than the standard system (baffles were gone admitedly), 25k in 10 months, most of which were spent on the mway - no earplugs required.

Was raspy/loud when i wanted it to be though ;)

You want loud, try a 306 Rallye with a full Magnex grp n from the manifold back. Straight through = bleeding ears.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Has any one got a Stealth thats decated?

I have a supersport stealth and want it decated for track use, how loud would this be?

M2 Competition
Mark, yours is a mk1.

Its a very very different (and much quieter) system to the mk2 stealth, ive owned both.

320d
Think i'm going to go for a standard stealth then add a decat later if i'm not happy with the sound from the stealth on its own.

Decats sell like hot cakes so if your not happy then they're easy to sell on.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, yours is a mk1.

Its a very very different (and much quieter) system to the mk2 stealth, ive owned both.

Mine's a hybrid...

Centre silencer ripped itself open throughout the day at at Bovington recently, so K-Tec threw on a new one under warranty...not bad seeing as the old one was 5 years and 105,000 miles old!

So I now have a mk2 centre section and mk1 rear. 1st video above was all mk1, 2nd film is as it is now.

E90 320d M Sport
Mine is starting to annoy me.

At 60mph when it is hot it's a nightmare. Really boomy and droany.

Thought it was supposed to be a stealth.

Will a decat ease the droan??

E90 320d M Sport
I have a feeling mine isn't fitted right.

It's really deep and droany and when you walk away from the car you can see the tailpipe etc under the bumper.

Nissan 350z
Its exactly these reasons why ive payed the extra £60 and gone for the "Sports" and not the "Super Sports" Ktec version so gaining an extra silencer.

I expect you got used to it, thats why it now sounds quieter.

I got a magnex system for my GTi-6 and was disapointed when it wasn't much louder than standard. After a while it got fairly loud, but not raspy. I liked it. All my mates said it was bloody loud for a NA car with just an exhaust and filter. I didnt think it was that bad.

Had it off the road for a few weeks before selling it, and when I took it out with the lad for a test drive - the noise! compared to driving my cup for a few weeks with standard exhaust It was bloody noisey!

I personally like a loud exhaust if it sounds right. Raspy ones I hate, but a nice roar that compliments a filter I like. And would be the opposite - disapointed if I bought a system and it wasnt very loud and sounded tinny.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine's a hybrid...

Centre silencer ripped itself open throughout the day at at Bovington recently, so K-Tec threw on a new one under warranty...not bad seeing as the old one was 5 years and 105,000 miles old!

So I now have a mk2 centre section and mk1 rear. 1st video above was all mk1, 2nd film is as it is now.

Good to see your videos then, as I'm running the same mix of mk1 and mk2 stealth. Didn't realise how good it sounds from outside lol

Did your mk2 centre get louder with time?

Revels Mum & Sister
I bought a 172 last week with one fitted. TBH unless you floor it or are going up a hill it is not very loud. When you nail it, it sounds great.

There was some boom, however I have Dynamatted the boot floor, doors and rear 1/4 and it has stopped the boom by a decent margin. However I would not really call it loud in the first place. On part throttle it is silent.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It certainly seems to be, resonates quite loudly at 3.5k and 4.5k now, nice.

Am loving it more now its getting run, sounded good straight after fitting, but the raspiness is better than my mk1 now, and louder as you say. Improved sound when changing down and blipping too, head turner without being in your face indeed! Love the resonance! :D

Stagecoach Ticket
if its really that bad u will go deaf soon solving the problem if not just get a different exhaust mate iam sure u can shift the k tec one on here

320d
I've got a standard stealth on order. I was going to go for the supersports but I didn't want too much drone. If it isn't loud enough i'll just decat it.