ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest clio?

austin mini
rewa.jpg

austin mini
It used to be my brothers but he sold it to drift haha I'll get more pictures in a second, and the mini is being restored at the moment so doesn't look like much

Last edited:
  A grey one
And. Does anyone know if Android was running 15's or 16's? I can't for the life of me get mine down that low on the front! -.-

A grey one
Airdi airthree. ;)
haha sucks dont it? yeah I'm sure you'll be fine, you're on 16's aren't you?
mine is just unbareable on cambered roads etc and the road to get out of my village doesn't even deserve to be called a road!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
For lows, Air > coilovers.

People that prefer coilovers for lows rather than air are generally those who can't afford an air setup. ;)

Airdi airthree. ;)
haha sucks dont it? yeah I'm sure you'll be fine, you're on 16's aren't you?
mine is just unbareable on cambered roads etc and the road to get out of my village doesn't even deserve to be called a road!

haha yes! exactly that!

yeah! rolling on 16's :cool:

will be lowering the front a little more once I get some 10mm spacers for the front so that when I turn the wheel out there will be about 1-2mm gap between top of tyre and arch ;)

and I know what you mean about roads! Donny is like one massive pothole!

A grey one
For lows, Air > coilovers.
People that prefer coilovers for lows rather than air are generally those who can't afford an air setup. ;)

Static will always be more impressive than an air setup, alot of people on air run like faggots when they're rolling and then just air out when they're sat still, anyone can get air.. now Havair retards have it on finance.. but it takes alot more to get something sat perfectly on coilovers :)

haha yes! exactly that!
yeah! rolling on 16's :cool:
will be lowering the front a little more once I get some 10mm spacers for the front so that when I turn the wheel out there will be about 1-2mm gap between top of tyre and arch ;)
and I know what you mean about roads! Donny is like one massive pothole!

Will be good to see when its done, my archgap on the front irritates me beyond words and makes me wanna give up and just go oh fck it i'll get air.. but no, determined! ahah :)

Static will always be more impressive than an air setup, alot of people on air run like faggots when they're rolling and then just air out when they're sat still, anyone can get air.. now Havair retards have it on finance.. but it takes alot more to get something sat perfectly on coilovers :)

Will be good to see when its done, my archgap on the front irritates me beyond words and makes me wanna give up and just go oh fck it i'll get air.. but no, determined! ahah :)

CSS :) be there! haha and want to take the rear adjusters out to get the rear sat like yours, but will need the arches rolling flat (already rolled them halfway but not enough clearance...) and a little camber first, but tyres is the next thing atm, hopefully get some stretch on the go :D

and my arch gap is less than 10mm at the front atm, just want it sat perfect :D <3

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Meh, I've always found air more impressive, you can be precise to the exact mm when driving once you get the hang of the gauge, don't have to worry about scraping if pals jump in or if you fill the tank right up. Each to their own though, I've ran very low on coil overs and much prefer air setups.

A grey one
Yeah spinksy i'll be at CSS! of course, providing it doesnt clash with any other shows :)

Meh, I've always found air more impressive, you can be precise to the exact mm when driving once you get the hang of the gauge, don't have to worry about scraping if pals jump in or if you fill the tank right up. Each to their own though, I've ran very low on coil overs and much prefer air setups.

Yeah i guess so, thats the one massive pain in the arse thing with static, once its set up perfectly to the mm, theres no adjusting it, meaning you cannot have any friends haha!
I'd prefer air for comfort reasons, my clio is so uncomfy it drives me nuts, but thats why im getting a daily, and i know i'd wanna modify it so the first thing im doing is putting it on air so that im not tempted by coilovers! :p

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My worst memory of static suspension was my arches catching fire on the way to McDonalds. One friend had to get out and walk. Lol.

CSS :) be there! haha and want to take the rear adjusters out to get the rear sat like yours, but will need the arches rolling flat (already rolled them halfway but not enough clearance...) and a little camber first, but tyres is the next thing atm, hopefully get some stretch on the go :D

and my arch gap is less than 10mm at the front atm, just want it sat perfect :D <3

Surely much less than 10mm is going to be rubbing? My mates clio has not enough arch gap to fit a £1 coin atm and its pretty much impossible to use, he wound his coilies down and now they are seized lol

A grey one
My worst memory of static suspension was my arches catching fire on the way to McDonalds. One friend had to get out and walk. Lol.

omg hahaha, thats why you're on Air-ride's side ;)
chunky tyres ftl, i have 165/50/15's.
Yeah less than 10mm is scary low, my tyre sits inside the arch and my wheels lip is about 10mm below the arch, thats close enough to be impossible to use :(

Surely much less than 10mm is going to be rubbing? My mates clio has not enough arch gap to fit a £1 coin atm and its pretty much impossible to use, he wound his coilies down and now they are seized lol

Not atm because the wheel sits inside the arch, and I'm talking about the gap from the top of my tyre to the wheel arch when turned outwards, tyre hits front arch/wing if I hit a bump whilst turning but not hard enough to do damage

Tbh it won't be a problem, I'm gunna stretch tyres all round and space front wheels next, then lower the front till the gap is about 2mm once wheel is turned out (so slightly higher when wheels are straight)