ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

That's before options though isn't it? Ie - no Nav, Sensors etc? I priced an estate VRS and it was more than I wanted to pay really. Nothing fun yet - but I have just bought a rather large house so that's going to keep me busy for the foreseeable :wink:

GAP purchased from ALA £115 to cover £15,000 for 2 years. Not bad for £1.20 a week!

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That's before options though isn't it? Ie - no Nav, Sensors etc? I priced an estate VRS and it was more than I wanted to pay really. Nothing fun yet - but I have just bought a rather large house so that's going to keep me busy for the foreseeable :wink:

GAP purchased from ALA £115 to cover £15,000 for 2 years. Not bad for £1.20 a week!
No. Nav, auto parking, bixenon cornering lights. I don't think there are any options, bar full leather to tick. Given that it comes with half alcantara heated seats, I wouldn't even think of having them!
DSC_0002.JPG

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I find manual in a car like that very strange.
When leasing it for cheap to carry the wife and baby, it's not an issue. And certainly not worth spending the extra £1500 or so.

If you're doing 15k+ a year in it then I see your point but as a basic family tool, budget>luxuries.

IMO.

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra 300
I find a manual in any car strange these days. Awful.

That car isn't for me but it makes sense if you're just wanting cheap reliable transport for 2 years.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Auto chat is a bit off topic? Who gives a f**k - just falls on personal preference and the right horse for the right course.

Really like the Tiguan - I was offered a Tiguan Lease from Listers with £1500 off the deposit so there's some good deals about! New one landing this month off the top of my head. Looks pap next to this one - too much front end styling with that enormous enormous grill.

Yes as above, I enjoy changing gear and don't really have a stop start commute so auto for me isn't needed. Plus I still think it's a bit 'old man'.

Anyway, had a really quick go at recording the park assist earlier if anyone is interested. Its bloody brilliant, especially for the Mrs in tight car parks...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How big does the space have to be? The whole thing is alien s**t like. The focus my brother had home blew my mind! Magic s**t!

VRS
My ST was picked up last Friday, was a company collecting on behalf of g2l

Guy walked round from the train station did a 20 min check then drove off. Part of the hand back Info was to wash and Hoover out the car and have 1/8 of a tank of fuel in.

With us having a little one now I've opted for a vrs estate which will be here on the 25th :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My ST was picked up last Friday, was a company collecting on behalf of g2l

Guy walked round from the train station did a 20 min check then drove off. Part of the hand back Info was to wash and Hoover out the car and have 1/8 of a tank of fuel in.

With us having a little one now I've opted for a vrs estate which will be here on the 25th :smile:
Cracking choice. Although the saloon boot is big enough lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got it to park me in spaces I wouldn't have even attempted so it's pretty impressive!

The C-Max I bought for Sarah in January has this too. I mostly use it when I go to pick up a curry from our village, it gets me parallel parked in spaces I wouldn't even attempt to get into in my Fiesta!. Plus with over 4k miles already Sarah's not kerbed one rim once. Amazingly useful technology.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That is brilliant, do you find yourself hovering over the brake just in case though?

I did at first, but now I totally trust it. It uses radar and is super precise so now I don't feel the need to cover the brakes.

I also must say, the nav and stereo system is bloody superb! Nav is so easy to use, so is the radio and the Bluetooth for streaming. It also swaps between phones instantly depending on who's phone is ringing. It's totally effortless. The stereo is also brilliant. I think it's got 10 speakers and sounds ace.

Both me and the Mrs are chuffed to pieces with it. So glad we went for it. No regrets :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice.
Few months down the line they'll be another thread saying your bored and need another fun cheap weekend car. Then you'll end up getting another 1*2 even though iirc you've said the last one you had will be your last... :tonguewink:

Looks nice.
Few months down the line they'll be another thread saying your bored and need another fun cheap weekend car. Then you'll end up getting another 1*2 even though iirc you've said the last one you had will be your last... :tonguewink:

Haha no I wont own another Clio mate. Been there and done it to death. If I get bord I will be getting another Z4 or a classic Mini.

VRS
How big does the space have to be? The whole thing is alien s**t like. The focus my brother had home blew my mind! Magic s**t!

Love watching the vids of them park! It's fantastic in the focus although in all honesty we have it in the wife's focus and in the 2 years of owning it I have never had a need to use it!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I did at first, but now I totally trust it. It uses radar and is super precise so now I don't feel the need to cover the brakes.

I also must say, the nav and stereo system is bloody superb! Nav is so easy to use, so is the radio and the Bluetooth for streaming. It also swaps between phones instantly depending on who's phone is ringing. It's totally effortless. The stereo is also brilliant. I think it's got 10 speakers and sounds ace.

Both me and the Mrs are chuffed to pieces with it. So glad we went for it. No regrets :smile:

Oooooooh, yours actually moves itself as well?

In our C-Max it does the steering only, you apply drive and brakes yourself, guided by the 360 degree sensor coverage.

Every single time I've used it I have been absolutely 100% convinced that the sensors are wrong and I'm going to connect with something...but I force myself to just let it keep moving and trust that it won't...which is very hard to do!

The Fiesta is being collected Tueaday. So today it's had a right going over. Other than a few stone chips on the from and two on the rear wings it's in amazing condition. Had a bit of gloss white paint on the leather seats :)() but used some nail poilsh remover and it seems to have got it out luckily.

Drove it for the first time in nearly two weeks today and it's still a cracking drive and so much fun. These are going to be some serious buys on the second hand market in 2 to 3 years.

I had to get the splitter off, and f**k me what a s**t job that was. Nuts and bolts seized and in totally inaccessible location meant what should have been a 30 min job took me nearly 2 hours. In the end I had to drill the heads, to melt the bumper to pull the bolts through :( - cue a trip to halfords for bumper filler!!! Which I'm waiting to harden so I can sand and paint.

Before:

image.jpeg

During:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Holes :(

image.jpeg

One Tripple R splitter (£20 collected if anyone's interested...)

image.jpeg

After, looking shiney...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forgot to take an 'after splitter removed' pic, but here's one from before I fitted it..

image.jpeg

So yeah it's ready for collection. I'm going to miss the old girl I think. The Tiguan is brilliant but this thing is epic fun when your on it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Get that splitter on ebay. You'll get £70 for it no problem.

They are £103 brand new delivered, and some guy travelled from stockport to me to pick it up for £50.... And it was chipped.

Fiesta went today. The guy looked round it for about 20 mins and commented on its mint condition. No remarks on the report and he drove it away. Good bye ST! Off down to Shrewsbury apparently. Maybe an auction?

VRS
Fiesta went today. The guy looked round it for about 20 mins and commented on its mint condition. No remarks on the report and he drove it away. Good bye ST! Off down to Shrewsbury apparently. Maybe an auction?

Apparently they don't put the ST's in auction as there are plenty of dealers who are ready to snap them up. It probably went to Whitchurch as the company who collect have a depo there!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Apparently they don't put the ST's in auction as there are plenty of dealers who are ready to snap them up. It probably went to Whitchurch as the company who collect have a depo there!
That makes no business sense at all.

If there's plenty of dealers willing to snap them up surely you'd let them fight it out at auction??

Peugeot 308
Of course I fitted it! Ha. It came with nuts and bolts but I couldn't get access to the otherside of the bumper. By that time it was jacked up and masked on. So I thought, f**k it, I'm going to nail the s**t to the bumper!!! Did a proper job too. It was safe as houses.

LOL brilliant.
Yeah I skipped the middle ones IIRC as I couldn't reach easily/be arsed.

Stayed good for 13k regardless.

VRS
That makes no business sense at all.

If there's plenty of dealers willing to snap them up surely you'd let them fight it out at auction??

I think he most likely meant hey could avoid auction fees with the ST's as they had a list of buyers (dealers) ready to offer a good price for them :)