ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
The problem comes if you can't get it booked in for the oil change to be done though mate.

True, how many miles can I do on this mineral oil, if I get engine damage then this could be to blame too.

Ive tried my best anyway, ive emailed etc as im desperate for the car to be sorted as its my daily and I don't fancy running it anymore on mineral oil/semi synth oil or whatever Andy put in as he told me to do 500 miles on this oil and I have already exceeded this, so what's my options?

I dont want to turn this into a slagging match, I just want my car right after I have spent so much money, im loosing confidence.

172 Turbo
You've said before to me that you aren't on Facebook, but you may get his attention by joining and using CSOC to try and contact him.

Other option is to get it to CT and hope he's there, I don't know if he opens on Saturdays?

Last one I saw, he did the running in and when I spoke to him the car was to be delivered back to me ran in and mapped.

RB Clio 182
I'll wait for a reply off Andy before I change the oil, he has until the 10th April before its booked in for mapping so that's enough time.

I think this is the best option.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I'll wait for a reply off Andy before I change the oil, he has until the 10th April before its booked in for mapping so that's enough time.

I think this is the best option.

I would be tempted to change it myself TBH mate .

Trouble getting hold of him "sounds
familiar "!

Still amazes me how he can have that much cash from people then when they need him afterwards for whatever they never seem to be able to get hold of him .

Hope you sort it mate and all goes well on 10th you deserve it after all the hassle.

Get on Facebook his Clioturbo page says he is open until 18:30 today and usually replies within the hour through a Facebook message!

RB Clio 182
I would be tempted to change it myself TBH mate .

Trouble getting hold of him "sounds
familiar "!

Still amazes me how he can have that much cash from people then when they need him afterwards for whatever they never seem to be able to get hold of him .

Hope you sort it mate and all goes well on 10th you deserve it after all the hassle.

Cheers mate :)

Get on Facebook his Clioturbo page says he is open until 18:30 today and usually replies within the hour through a Facebook message!

Ive never been a member of facebook mate, ill give him a bit more time to email me back, and email him again closer to the 10th.

As ive said im not slagging anyone off as he might have a genuine reason why he couldn't email me back, ill phone him Monday although I know he's usually very busy so it tends to be hard to reach him this way too.

Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions everyone and ill keep you up to date with how the mapping goes :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So much hassle, mate. I just couldn't be arsed but I guess you're in way too deep now.

Do the oil change yourself, screw driving all the way up there for him to do it.

Cheers mate :)

Ive never been a member of facebook mate, ill give him a bit more time to email me back, and email him again closer to the 10th.

As ive said im not slagging anyone off as he might have a genuine reason why he couldn't email me back, ill phone him Monday although I know he's usually very busy so it tends to be hard to reach him this way too.

Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions everyone and ill keep you up to date with how the mapping goes :)

Just joined CSOC so can send him a message on your behalf if you'd like mate? Ridiculous the wait and hassle you've been put through.

RB Clio 182
Just joined CSOC so can send him a message on your behalf if you'd like mate? Ridiculous the wait and hassle you've been put through.

Naah mate leave it dude im not going to chase and hassle him, he will reply when he gets round to it, cheers tho i really appreciate it :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Thank f**k hes gone off here mate.I wouldnt do anything to the car until it goes back to him incase you have too take it further and he cant use the 'But Tom put the wrong oil and its fubard again' excuse.

RB Clio 182
Little update, I have been to see Andy today for the oil/filter change, he has also fixed the knocking I had when turning the wheel, the steering rack bolts needed nipping up now its fine.

This was all done free of charge and it also made him late to take one of his customers cars for a wheel alignment so he has to take it in the morning.

So the car is perfect now apart from the final mapping which is getting done on Sunday at EFI, ill update with the results on Sunday, I am not chasing figures I just want it nice and safe.

I'll always give good feedback where its due so cheers Andy for today.

Ph1 172 turbo
Hi mr Tom. I don't suppose u saw my car whilst u was there. It's the silver/green ph1 been there for far too long now getting stage2 and LSD. I have similar issues getting info from him. Don't even know where the build is upto. Would put my mind at ease if u did see it complete. Haha

RB Clio 182
That's good to hear mate.

Fingers crossed the map all goes ok.

Cheers dude, me too I cant see there being any problems(hopefully) :D

Sad to hear you got caught up with the whole CT thing.

What ballpark figure are you expecting when mapped? You know I love it anyway :)

Hi mate, probably somewhere between 270-280hp, but because its had all new engine bits who knows :)

As long as its safe thats the main thing.

Hi mr Tom. I don't suppose u saw my car whilst u was there. It's the silver/green ph1 been there for far too long now getting stage2 and LSD. I have similar issues getting info from him. Don't even know where the build is upto. Would put my mind at ease if u did see it complete. Haha

Hi Joe, yes I did see your car actually and tbh it did look in one piece although the bonnet was shut so obviously I couldn't tell you 100%, but it definitely didn't look in a million pieces.

Andy has sacked his colleague he had working for him and he has had women troubles so now he's got no one working in his office either, so he is trying to do the labour side of things and the office side of things all on his own at the moment so its taking longer than expected.

Drop him another email mate im sure he will eventually get back to you, hes also having trouble with parts turning up late too.

But yea your car looks in one piece anyway lol.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Another unhappy customer!

Clio turbo is a freaking joke.

Ph1 172 turbo
Thanks for that Tom. Hopefully not long now then. With regards to another unhappy customer granted its been a lot longer than expected etc. But I will reserve judgment until I see the quality of the work.

RB Clio 182
did you go for mapping today ? Iv heard off Andy now mine is supposed to be going for mapping this week sometime !

Yes mate i got home about a hour a go, thanks to Chris at EFI Parts my car now drives superbly, it feels quicker than the figures show, when boost comes on it really pulls hard!

486580dd-7d2c-425a-812c-ece936f2a004_zpsy0wvaa90.jpg

Cheers EFI for the great service, much recommended if anyone is thinking of getting their car mapped, he's a great guy that explains everything about your map that you need to know and if anything needs changing etc.

RB Clio 182
That must feel brilliant to drive mate. Glad you are now finally all sorted :smile:

Cheers mate its quick it feels like a 300+ hp car, maybe because the 300+ ones that i have been in are like 1500kg lol.

It just pulls and pulls im really over the moon, it did achieve mid 280's but scoff then lowered it a little to make it more safe.

The gearbox is smooth in every gear too after the box change, i was fearing the worst as i have had a second hand box fitted before that crunched, this one is smoother than anything, im sooo chuffed, the car is finally 100% perfect, and my perfect means perfect!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Glad you got your car back after reading all the sh*t you've gone through. Still on Subaru wheels? :D Looks mint. From the graph it looks like it doesnt really get going before 3500-4000, whats it like below that?

RB Clio 182
That graph makes me want kit 2!

Thanks mate it brilliant to drive, it feel so much better than before, Chris at efi has a few updates to the map too since my original map which improves drive ability.

I'm over the moon with it.

Glad you got your car back after reading all the sh*t you've gone through. Still on Subaru wheels? :D Looks mint. From the graph it looks like it doesnt really get going before 3500-4000, whats it like below that?

Thanks James, after about 3k the surge is gorgeous! Below it it feels nice and torquey, after 4k rpm its like an explosion going off, it feels like it catapults you rather than pull you along.