ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Today i purchased all new shiny jubilee clips for my boost build and fitted them(pics tomorrow) along with some BMW glacier silver metallic spray paint, what a gorgeous colour! Its so bright that i am thinking about getting my/or new wheels done in this colour, this is my inlet i did today.

I didn't add lacquer to this as i like this finish on the inlet, but laquer on this colour would look awesome on the wheels imo.

0667d9a0-6345-4c6b-b89f-f38fd0f1546a_zpszuhxufyp.jpg

Cant wait to get this on tomorrow.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Today i purchased all new shiny jubilee clips for my boost build and fitted them(pics tomorrow) along with some BMW glacier silver metallic spray paint, what a gorgeous colour! Its so bright that i am thinking about getting my/or new wheels done in this colour, this is my inlet i did today.

I didn't add lacquer to this as i like this finish on the inlet, but laquer on this colour would look awesome on the wheels imo.

0667d9a0-6345-4c6b-b89f-f38fd0f1546a_zpszuhxufyp.jpg

Cant wait to get this on tomorrow.
I like that ALOT might use that on my boost pipes insted of purple

RB Clio 182
I did a little tidy up on the bay today although now i have painted the top inlet, it makes the lower rs inlet and rocker cover look s**t which were painted not so long a go, so these will be done shortly too in the same silver which i love.

Also i have fitted all new inlets bolts along with all new jubilee clips for my boost pipes to give a more fresh/new look.

I am thinking maybe doing my chrome boost pipes matt black for a more oem finish, i have removed the chrome battery cover as i thought it was a bit too much bling for the bay, i am also thinking about doing my strut top covers matt black, and i also need a new coolant bottle which will be replaced shortly along with some new type D coolant and some blue or red magnecor leads.

I also gave the bay a good clean, degreasing, rubbers and plastics treated, chromes polished and a final wipe down.

Its a work in progress but i am very happy for now..

38928313-c998-4269-8671-8beac0f58128_zpsxa7pwa5g.jpg

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I did a little tidy up on the bay today although now i have painted the top inlet, it makes the lower rs inlet and rocker cover look s**t which were painted not so long a go, so these will be done shortly too in the same silver which i love.

Also i have fitted all new inlets bolts along with all new jubilee clips for my boost pipes to give a more fresh/new look.

I am thinking maybe doing my chrome boost pipes matt black for a more oem finish, i have removed the chrome battery cover as i thought it was a bit too much bling for the bay, i am also thinking about doing my strut top covers matt black, and i also need a new coolant bottle which will be replaced shortly along with some new type D coolant and some blue or red magnecor leads.

I also gave the bay a good clean, degreasing, rubbers and plastics treated, chromes polished and a final wipe down.

Its a work in progress but i am very happy for now..

38928313-c998-4269-8671-8beac0f58128_zpsxa7pwa5g.jpg
Mint mate !:up:

RB Clio 182
Looks fantastic, top work again :up: you say YOU need a new coolant bottle, looks brand new compared to mine 😂 will be sorted tho

Cheers Steve, ive had this coolant bottle about 3 years now so ill order another soon as its started to discolour, they are only a tenner so well worth it.

Mint mate !:up:

Cheers davo :)

Looks fantastic Tom!

Thanks Mark, im trying not to spend on it tbh apart from maintenance and im just enjoying it for what it is, keeping it nice and tidy looking making sure the paintwork is tiptop etc.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The problem is Tom, that because cars are a hobby, we always find a reason to spend it on money on it!

Getting the paintwork done to mint condition wouldn't be a bad thing though. Although, the car always looks decent anyway, so it can't be far off that?

RB Clio 182
The problem is Tom, that because cars are a hobby, we always find a reason to spend it on money on it!

Getting the paintwork done to mint condition wouldn't be a bad thing though. Although, the car always looks decent anyway, so it can't be far off that?

The paint is almost mint mate, theres two small areas that need attention then I will be happy again :)

I think its because ive spent a fair whack on getting the car mechanically sound, im just enjoying it again for what it is.

Theres not that much more I could do as I want everything looking oem'ish :D

RB Clio 182
Quick update, recently i have been experiencing a misfire/boost cut under boost when the car is very hot, I have been in touch with Chris at EFI parts who has talked me through everything to check etc, he even told me how to do a data log of the fault but unfortunately my laptop is broken :(

Anyway when i told Chris that my laptop was broken yesterday, he emailed me back to ask if I could make it up to his today at 4pm, so i took up the offer:)

I got there and we got it on the rollers, Chris noticed that it was a wiring problem (nothing to do with him) so he sorted all this out for me, then adjusted the map because the boost had dropped a little, he said this is because the actuator is new and the spring expands, he said it will be fine now that its worn in and re adjusted.

So he did his fiddly bits and the car made 285hp/256ftlb, so almost a 10bhp gain over last time, he said the car behaved very well.

I am well pleased and i thoroughly recommend Chris at efi, he knows everything and just sorts it job done.

Oh yea i forgot to mention, all this was free of charge, cheers Chris if you read this i am over the moon mate.

The car drives fantastically now, i love the surge at 4k rpm!

I'll get the new graph up later, ill not take my cars anywhere else from now on!

EFI Parts FTW <3

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Brilliant service.

Now you just need to come to CSF and take me for a spin haha.

Yea great service mate, he doesnt fob you off, you can see that he is genuinely interested in trying to help and his love for his job, you can have a blast if i end up galavanting along bud :stig:

Me first!

Hehe you too mate :up:

That's brilliant service!

Glad you're still enjoying it mate

Thanks Ant means a lot mate :up:

Scoff is spot on, great guy to deal with

I agree bud, 100% marks from me :car:

Excellent mate!

CSF, talk to me!

Cheers J, well pleased :triumph: im hoping i can make it bud but our lass wont let me stay over and she cant come because of the kids and the bump, she will also think that im trying to finger all your arses or something :cry:

Great news mate, can't wait to see you at CSF (cos you're coming) hehe

Hahaha cheers dan as always :up:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Loving the engine bay mate. Keep meaning to get mine back on the road as it's been sorn'd for a year now but know it'll be another million pounds. Starting with the dreaded manifold stud nuts that always want to disembark.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
285?!?! Bloody hell that would be quick :). If efi were on here they would do stupidly well. But from what I've been told he's very busy as is. Mines going Monday, sadly won't be 285 but anything over 200 will be ace/dreaming.

RB Clio 182
That is fantastic service mate, you must be well chuffed............. oh and may I just add, 285bhp!!! :fearscream: I think my 182 is quick as almost standard, can't even imagine what that must be like!!

😂😂 love it!

Thanks mate, yea its quick, its a different kind of power, its like a pull rather than a tug.

Can you come down south so I can experience this? Looks great and top service from EFI!

Cheers davvy, I live in Yorkshire, if I end up going to csf you can have a go :)

Loving the engine bay mate. Keep meaning to get mine back on the road as it's been sorn'd for a year now but know it'll be another million pounds. Starting with the dreaded manifold stud nuts that always want to disembark.

Thanks bud, a little tip, take all gaskets out and tighten them really tight, mine havnt come loose since :)

285?!?! Bloody hell that would be quick :). If efi were on here they would do stupidly well. But from what I've been told he's very busy as is. Mines going Monday, sadly won't be 285 but anything over 200 will be ace/dreaming.

You will be happy Dan, Chris will do a great job, tell him to push it a little bit more lol.

@Christ Almighty are you pushing your luck at 285 on meg rods? Or is that there limit

I'm not sure mate, scoff knows my spec and he said it was behaving very well, he wound it back for safety too.

RB Clio 182
It'll be the torque that kills them mate not the bhp.

Looking box fresh there @Christ Almighty!! I can't recommend scoff @efi highly enough tbh. He's one of life's nice guys and has proper enthusiasm for what he does.

Thank you :)

Yea Chris told me that the car was behaving and the boost was holding better but he lowered the ftlb slightly to keep it safe :)

You best be coming CSF, where abouts in Yorkshire are you?

I'm in South Elmsall mate in the middle of nowhere really, about 10 mins from Waky, Barnsley, Ponty and Donny.