ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

Ph1
Very strange how the majority of supercharged Clio's get broken within a couple of years maximum :S

The reports are they are reliable and the power speaks for its self. Doesn't even appear its for financial savings either in the majority of cases yet most build the ultimate Clio then want to break it :S

Coincidental? mmmm .....

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Some people just want to do things then move on to the next. I'm breaking my mk1 so it can help pay for the mk2. Nothing wrong with it, just time to move on

mso

172 cup supercharged
I was very lucky with mine I had no breakdowns at all if I did I would have got rid of it straight away when it was on low boost I did over 10,000 miles no issues when it was on high boost the engine was fantastic but I felt it would have only been a matter of time before there was other issues with the car gearbox etc . Some people on here running high power clios have had problems they fix it and run it till it goes wrong again I just can't be bothered with all that. I feel with the itbs and cams and the way the car is set it up with the gripper diff etc it will be a good fast road/track car and if I keep it more reliable than a high power sc one in the long run and like I said before easier to sell when the time comes

SQ5
Very strange how the majority of supercharged Clio's get broken within a couple of years maximum :S

The reports are they are reliable and the power speaks for its self. Doesn't even appear its for financial savings either in the majority of cases yet most build the ultimate Clio then want to break it :S

Coincidental? mmmm .....

I also done over 10k not a single problem

big boost cup
I think that the kits available today are very reliable. Just the gearbox is the only down fall when pushing big power or being driven hard. My old engine also ran faultless after 8 k to

mso

172 cup supercharged
I don't need to sell the car in order to get the focus I have the money for that already i will be keeping it for a while I got to see what it goes like first!!!!!I might even keep it yet just as a track car I decide in the new year but if someone offers me a good price for it then that's another matter!!

Ph1
I was very lucky with mine I had no breakdowns at all if I did I would have got rid of it straight away when it was on low boost I did over 10,000 miles no issues when it was on high boost the engine was fantastic but I felt it would have only been a matter of time before there was other issues with the car gearbox etc . Some people on here running high power clios have had problems they fix it and run it till it goes wrong again I just can't be bothered with all that. I feel with the itbs and cams and the way the car is set it up with the gripper diff etc it will be a good fast road/track car and if I keep it more reliable than a high power sc one in the long run and like I said before easier to sell when the time comes

Can see where your coming from mate yeah. Could be the main reason they get broken, sort of fear factor their on the limit

Evo 5 RS
Ugh...You get problems with the gearbox regardless... It's all down to preference, you'll sell up because you can't go 160mph anymore.You had a massive spec engine built up for nowt. You can't justify it any other 2 ways it's just dumb. Don't get me wrong I'm all for spending money on them if it's what you want to do. But it's nice to actually get some use out of it rather than decide thousands later you can't been done with fixing it. Welcome to the infinite loop that is modifying cars.

Last edited:

mso

172 cup supercharged
Ugh...You get problems with the gearbox regardless... It's all down to preference, you'll sell up because you can't go 160mph anymore.You had a massive spec engine built up for nowt. You can't justify it any other 2 ways it's just dumb. Don't get me wrong I'm all for spending money on them if it's what you want to do. But it's nice to actually get some use out of it rather than decide thousands later you can't been done with fixing it. Welcome to the infinite loop that is modifying cars.

Well at least I'm not one of the day dreamers that say what they are going to do and never do it!!! I got very good money from the engine so I'm not bothered about that anymore , car will be ready end of next week also having a lightweight flywheel fitted as well as the itbs and cams so should be quick and all the power useable going through the gripper diff so if I see any sc or turbo clio's on track I'll be after you just to prove a point it's not all about bhp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Well at least I'm not one of the day dreamers that say what they are going to do and never do it!!! I got very good money from the engine so I'm not bothered about that anymore , car will be ready end of next week also having a lightweight flywheel fitted as well as the itbs and cams so should be quick and all the power useable going through the gripper diff so if I see any sc or turbo clio's on track I'll be after you just to prove a point it's not all about bhp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

if its not all about bhp , why have a forged engine built to run more power and spend thousands on it ?? why not stick with what you had and not pissed your money up the wall ? you really dont make sense in what you say , went from 250 or 260bhp then 300 something , and then back down to 200 or so , in reality you have just realised that no matter how fast you make the clio's you are just wasting your money , 200bhp is a nice power fir the clio , clio's are all about the handling ,

Last edited:
  SQ5
if its not all about bhp , why have a forged engine built to run more power and spend thousands on it ?? why not stick with what you had and not pissed your money up the wall ? you really dont make sense in what you say , went from 250 or 260bhp then 300 something , and then back down to 200 or so , in reality you have just realised that no matter how fast you make the clio's you are just wasting your money , 200bhp is a nice power fir the clio , clio's are all about the handling ,

Have you driven one with 300+bhp?

Lionel Richie
i've overtaken the odd one with 300bhp boosted, with a measly 240 na, but some say i don't know what a brake pedal is

Have you driven one with 300+bhp?

drove one with 270bhp yes !! there were 3 in gloucester all supercharged , they are quick , bt the box's on them are like chocolate , adeys 270 ish one kept eating box's ! never heard of a reliable charged clio that gets driven everyday running over 240 , my mates charged one gets driven everyday as a daily driver and gets tracked and has never missed a beat and thats running 240 ! everyone with high power charged clio's seems to break them within a few months

Last edited:
  SQ5
Yea mine with 240 was reliable as f**k which is why my next one is going low compression with a little bit of boost to run 260-270 then if it's silly back down to 240 as its reliable and I've proven it to myself!

I wasn't being arsey with my question by the way, I've just had this argument with many on here who hadn't actually driven a Clio with over 200bhp!

mso

172 cup supercharged

I had the engine built and sold it so got most of my money back it's having a good engine setup put back in for re sale value when the time comes how many people on here have bought a sc Clio already done !!!!! If people are to go down the sc route they seem to buy the kits and fit it to there cars and not buy one already done. If my car was going to be sold with the forged engine etc I would be looking at 10k for it that's with brand new wheels tyres seats roll cage wilwood brakes gripper diff etc and it would be hard to sell. Now it's more saleable with the itbs cams etc, so it's not pissing money up the wall as you put it, I done the sc route enjoyed it and now moving on to something different!!!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
drove one with 270bhp yes !! there were 3 in gloucester all supercharged , they are quick , bt the box's on them are like chocolate , adeys 270 ish one kept eating box's ! never heard of a reliable charged clio that gets driven everyday running over 240 , my mates charged one gets driven everyday as a daily driver and gets tracked and has never missed a beat and thats running 240 ! everyone with high power charged clio's seems to break them within a few months

driving style. Adey is an animal with boxes

Qashcow
and we were abusing that thing something cronic round Coombe when it went bang ;)

i miss my boosted clio, it wasnt broken when i stripped it and my gearbox was perfectly fine. i miss it, badly

pics will help it sell , personally i think you would see your money putting it back to standard ish , 7k is a hell of a lot of cash for a 172 :quiet:

Plus it has the cheapest coilovers money can buy , such a high spec car and then you go and ruin it with a s**t set of race land coilovers , there is a very limited market for tuned clio's going for strong Money unless its a clio cup race car ! A lot of people break there clios when they are tuned as they get strong money for the parts and know that they will struggle to get good money selling them tuned !

Last edited:
What coilovers are on my car you can't get that right for a start!!

k tec coilovers ? raceland branded as k tec !! cheap coilovers that k tec buy in and sell on for double the moeny like most of the bits on there website

Last edited:
  SQ5
Gaz are just as s**t! Lol!

I only sold up as car caught fire. But everyone does seem to shoot off quickly!

Is it being sold as sc or been made itb especially to sell?