ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mso supercharged Clio mk2

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Has anyone actually done the vag box conversion? I've always thought about dabbling with high power conversions but the choc box has always put me off.

Insignia SRi
I was at Jamsport last weekend at a Fiesta ST RR day and i was chatting to a few guys about their Supercharged 197, its currently at 260hp on standard internals but they seem to think that it can take more providing the clutch etc is upgraded.

Fair play to people who do this and push the boundries, if they want to spend £3-£4k on supercharging etc i say go for it, itl be a blast. If i could afford to SC i would lol.

mso

172 cup supercharged
Your right you don't get your money back on tuned parts etc but every day you drive it it's worth it, you can be mr boring driving in your standard car other people have or you can have something different. People who say it's a waste of money are the ones who can't afford to tune there cars, if you like or can afford the petrol money come on down I'll take you for a spin to show you what your missing out on!!!!;)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Tbh owning a RS can be considered a waste of money, better off driving a derv to save some ££. Best of luck to you mate, if you have the ambition and £ then go for it, worst case scenario you waste a few grand and you have to put In some overtime to claw it back ;)

Insignia SRi
Na no prices yet, i think its still being run in and they want to finalise mapping etc. They seem to be the gurus of supercharging stuff, you should see what they can do to an ST, the duratec engine will take up to 350 on standard internals, a mate has one running 333hp and it f*cking shifts.

At a guess though i think you will be looking at £3k odd for the conversion on a clio, sounds good though in the flesh.

Countryman JCW
Na no prices yet, i think its still being run in and they want to finalise mapping etc. They seem to be the gurus of supercharging stuff, you should see what they can do to an ST, the duratec engine will take up to 350 on standard internals, a mate has one running 333hp and it f*cking shifts.

At a guess though i think you will be looking at £3k odd for the conversion on a clio, sounds good though in the flesh.

Awesome, what did he pay for it to be running that kind of power? Bet he's on first name terms with the staff at his local Shell Garage!

Insignia SRi
I think in total including fitting, AP racing stoppers, new paddle clutch, arb's etc etc he paid north of £4.5k, but belive me he will give most things this side of a porsche C4S a run for its money.

Its his second car so doesnt use it much but we managed 21mpg on the run to Jamsport and back so 200 mile round trip and he did a tank of fuel lol

Qashcow
I dont do drugs or drink excessive amounts, I wonder how much folk on here piss money down the drain every Saturday night and spend all Sunday recovering.

None of you slate burpspeed, JMS or englebert for spending endless monies on race cars which get driven say 10 times a year but happily b**ch and whine about supercharging a car, for less money I suspect, and using it every weekend. Rant over.

Vag box has been done over on other renault forums, DIY it'll be about 800-1000 we reckon, but alot of custom work. Adey knows the correct box

clio 182
how much did it cost you to supercharge it? when you first got it done not forged? what brake was it running?

Evo 5 RS
i wouldnt agree lol, this was built 20,000 miles ago under renault warrenty. 275bhp 3 laps of Castle Combe and 2-3k miles road use ;)

224830_10150170758691500_517591499_7451750_1435612_n.gif

Lol fcuking good job there!

Evo 5 RS
I'd be expecting more from it a c4s is a slow piece of porker

^ this

it's been tested day in day out here, up to a tonne there is nothing in it here, and that is from a normally aspirated ph1 with itbs and cams. I'd expect a supercharged 1*2 to rape one.

Evo 5 RS
cheers lol

yup so a 300+bhp sc ford should do one with ease?

I would like to think so. Obviously in my case if it caught me out of gear it's all over. Had lots of chances to play though and if it's Even Steven could keep up quite happily till power to weight means little at *** figures

mso

172 cup supercharged
Dropping car off at ktec next week for forged engine etc also having new wheels with 888 tyres and big brake conversion I'll get speedo vid up when its ran in!

big boost cup

mso

172 cup supercharged
how's the car coming along , you can buy forged engine's from engine dynamics with cams , forged piston's/rods , etc etc for 2k , £2200 on ebay but they would do for 2k on a exchange with your old engine , thats who i would be taking my car to if i wanted a forged engine , or rs tuning !!http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...arParts_SM&hash=item1c1b3d167b#ht_3968wt_1130 ,
I got a very good deal with Ktec on the engine I'm going down this Saturday to drop car off as it needs MOT end of the month. I'm off on holiday last 2 weeks in June so I'll pick car up when I get back, been having a chat to them today going for around 340 hp rather than silly figures thought it's best to keep it sensible!!!!!

535d / t5 caravelle
is it not just going to spin the wheels with that kind of power? whats it like now for traction, 2nd gear onwards ok at full throttle or do you have to ease it in? i had just short of 220bhp in a 205mi16 and traction was superb, not sure if a clio would be the same though?( i miss the power of that car ) :(

2.2 bar shed.
is it not just going to spin the wheels with that kind of power? whats it like now for traction, 2nd gear onwards ok at full throttle or do you have to ease it in? i had just short of 220bhp in a 205mi16 and traction was superb, not sure if a clio would be the same though?( i miss the power of that car ) :(

Been in a mates Rover which hooked up fine with 440ft/lbs going through the front wheels. 300f/lbs shouldnt be so bad with the decent tyres and a proper diff.

535d / t5 caravelle
i remember the days when 150bhp was considered quick lol, now you need to be at least 100 up on that

Qashcow
Depends how you drive them really, can spin in 5th in the wet with 280, but if you learn to feather the throttle you can avoid spinning, LSD so expensive though

big boost cup
He is getting a LSD though so with MSO and me both gettin diffs i think a group buy could be in order (with a few more people)

mso

172 cup supercharged
Mine was running 255hp and was reliable for over 8000miles no problems at all!

big boost cup
231hp terminal speed was 107 done 16 or so runs, all around that sort of tme but couldn't crack the 12's. The car didn't miss a beat all day was very impressed. Can't wait to get my diff now.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I went in bombers at Bedford on Friday.

FU,CK ME these things are quick. We were over taking meggy 250's on the 1km straight like they were stood still.