ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Track Car Project

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This is one of my favourite threads on here. You seem like a top bloke too.

How much did it weigh originally? Should take the cage out as it'd weighing you down and definitely give it to me though.

Clio 220 PH2
This is one of my favourite threads on here. You seem like a top bloke too.

How much did it weigh originally? Should take the cage out as it'd weighing you down and definitely give it to me though.
Cheers mate I appricate that, a lot of time and pennies have gone into this car and a lot of help from my mates spending pretty much ever Wednesday night in the garage cutting a rebuilding
I think it weighed about 1110kg now it is the full fat one so it maybe more I didn't weigh it before I started which I should of done really.
Haha this is very true mate I need to swap it for a bambo one get it into the 800s lol

Clio 220 PH2
Been busy on the car this week I have managed to wire up the heated screen without breaking it or setting fire to anything which is good also I have new wires to the horn as I am running a button because of the steering wheel being the way it is. Also got the front bumper fitted and secured the splitter to it. I ran out of time to sort the door shut out so that will be Monday's job. Also we sorted out the gap between the window and door with some trusty silicone :). Sorry the only pictures I have took of the car was the front splitter fitted I will get some pictures of the wiring to the screen and what not next week.
Sorry the picture is of the car in the air but it's staying on axle stands this weekend
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We have downforce lol (only on the car for looks really) ;)
It's very nearly finished just a few more jobs left :)
Thank you for looking :)

Looking awesome. The green, silver and black combo works so well.

I still have some canards sitting in my garage that I have to put on, how did you decide where to position them and also what angle do you have them at?

Clio 220 PH2
Looking awesome. The green, silver and black combo works so well.

I still have some canards sitting in my garage that I have to put on, how did you decide where to position them and also what angle do you have them at?
Cheers mate I am really happy how the colours have come out :)
They look really good with them on :)
With regards to the fitment they have been cut to only really fit on the bumper in certain places if that makes sense so it's a case of matching the curve of the bumper to the curve of the canard and then that's where you what to be. The way we did the angle was by eye and what looked best to be honest. See I was thinking today that the rear bracket on the canards you could drill a few holes and the you can change the angle but to be honest I can not see these making much aero difference to the car I put mine on because they look cool :)

Clio 220 PH2
Update time !!!!!!
Car is back on the floor again and drivable which is a win :smile:
Picture of the car on the floor with the new front splitter
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also we have managed to sort the centre consol out with the new switches for the horn and heated screen, made from stainless steel with leather covering it (because we all like a bit of luxury in a track car lol). The switches look a bit lost in the panel because we have spaced it so more can go on when I get round to it. Will have the likes of fuel pump, ignition switches on there but just for now I am really happy with it (it's not fitted fitted yet that tomorrow's job) also because I am sad they will all be labelled up in the old fashioned pressed stamps :smile:
What do you think ?
image.jpeg

OBD port has been moved to the top to keep it all together
image.jpeg

When you are sitting in the car the hazard switch is almost like an emergency stop button the way it's angled.
Does need a few more switches to make it look really smart and more racey :smile:

Clio 220 PH2
Managed to get some more work done on the green machine got the centre dash glued in with the trusty silicone lol also managed to get the wires hidden under the dash. I think I have bent my back the wrong way over that roll cage but worth it now I can not see wires. I am pretty amazed I managed to get all the wires pretty much hidden considering how many there are.
Some pictures of the car just need to finish off the fuse box and traction control switch in the air vents and that's the wiring pretty much done :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Clean and simple and getting in the car is so much easier as I don't have to avoid standing on wires and plugs.
Hopefully I might get chance to work on the car on Monday to do a bit more :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Looks amazing! Imo just needs clear indicators and the aero catches to be green!

Clio 220 PH2
Looks amazing! Imo just needs clear indicators and the aero catches to be green!
Cheers mate :) well funny you should say that my left hand indicator bulb has just blown so this may just happen lol. Green aero catches I didn't think about that the green paint maybe coming out again lol

Clio 220 PH2
Just a little update finally got the spoiler painted in black to match the roof and glued on. I must admit it doesn't weigh anything really glad I swapped to fibre glass :smile:
Also got a few plates fitted to blank some holes where the heater pipes came through so just need to bung a hole in the roof and she's water tight :smile:.
There is only 3 jobs left on the car before I take it on its first track day, fit the harnesses spanner the car and make an LED high level brake light for it :)
Pictures of the spoiler fitted
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I must admit just having the spoiler on makes a massive difference to the back of the car it looks complete now :)
Camber bolts are on the way so can get the geo done correctly. Got some plastic window cleaner and some harness eyelets :)

Clio 220 PH2
Looking great. Are you attaching the harness to eyelets in the rear seat belt points or to your rear strut brace?
Cheers mate. I am going to attach them to the rear strut brace because it is safer structure to attach them to (in my opinion) also I know the cup race cars attach them to the rear strut cage as well

Cheers mate. I am going to attach them to the rear strut brace because it is safer structure to attach them to (in my opinion) also I know the cup race cars attach them to the rear strut cage as well

I asked that question because I read above that you bought harness eyelets but on a second (and less stupid) thought I'm guessing those are for the lap straps on the harnesses.

Clio 220 PH2
I asked that question because I read above that you bought harness eyelets but on a second (and less stupid) thought I'm guessing those are for the lap straps on the harnesses.
Yes mate they are for the lap belt and the harness clips through them these are the eye lets for the exhaust tunnel
image.png

And then on the other side screw the eye let into the old driver side seat belt thread and then wrap the shoulder harness round the rear of the cage. I have ordered the harnesses today so I will put a picture up how they are all mounted :) I will get one on Monday and the other the following Monday :) (I have gone for a 4 point harness but has anti sub marine technology so works like a 6 point)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes mate they are for the lap belt and the harness clips through them these are the eye lets for the exhaust tunnel
View attachment 157005
And then on the other side screw the eye let into the old driver side seat belt thread and then wrap the shoulder harness round the rear of the cage. I have ordered the harnesses today so I will put a picture up how they are all mounted :smile: I will get one on Monday and the other the following Monday :smile: (I have gone for a 4 point harness but has anti sub marine technology so works like a 6 point)
What you ordered mate?

Clio 220 PH2
What you ordered mate?
The harnesses I have gone for are the clubman schroth ones
They are these ones
image.png

I am going to have these for a bit and might upgrade to 6 point in the future but for me at this time these are perfect for me. My mate has them in his M3 and they are very good

Clio 220 PH2
Scroth are the best imo! I have 6 point shroth's in mine.
I agree mate I have been in cars with other brands and they just don't feel as nice or good, the scroth makes you feel safe in a strange way. That's what I will upgrade to in the future :) on a plus the ones I have got are FIA approved which is handy :)

I'd advise going 5 or 6 point, I ran 4 points for a while and had some movement and never really felt fully comfortable. I added a fifth belt and I'm now firmly in place with no movement and very comfortable after being wary about a belt round the unmentionables!
Car's looking fantastic :up:

Clio 220 PH2
I'd advise going 5 or 6 point, I ran 4 points for a while and had some movement and never really felt fully comfortable. I added a fifth belt and I'm now firmly in place with no movement and very comfortable after being wary about a belt round the unmentionables!
Car's looking fantastic :up:
I will change to 6 point more than likely next year when the car has another upgrade session lol. Were the 4 points anti submarine ?. I think these you can add the 5/6th point to it.
Cheers mate

Clio 220 PH2
New parts turned up today which I wasn't expecting till next week
We have eibach camber bolts :)
And the schroth snap brackets so hopefully fit them today ready for the harnesses Monday :)
Looking to get the car booked on a track day in July at Bedford the date I am not sure yet but will update when I know :)
image.jpeg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I will change to 6 point more than likely next year when the car has another upgrade session lol. Were the 4 points anti submarine ?. I think these you can add the 5/6th point to it.
Cheers mate
If they say ASM on them or in the description, they're anti submarine mate. Most shroth harnesses can be added to, to make them a 5 or a 6 point harness.

Clio 220 PH2
If they say ASM on them or in the description, they're anti submarine mate. Most shroth harnesses can be added to, to make them a 5 or a 6 point harness.
Yes mate they do say ASM. Yes they are, that's one of the reasons I had a 4 point scroth is because of the ASM I would be less keen to have a normal none ASM 4 point if you know what I mean.

Clio 220 PH2
New parts fitted :) nice bit of camber on the front now and I can mount the harnesses thanks to the snap brackets.
Some pictures of the job
image.jpeg

Not the best picture of the camber lol
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Happy days :)

Clio 220 PH2
Was at Coventry Motor Fest today saw some lovely cars and an Aston Martin Vulcan :smile: sorry not to be related to my Clio but thought I would share :smile:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And it was driving through the ring road which was an experience lovely sound. Also there was two Clios going round the ring road one Blue and the other Red and Yellow didn't take any picture of them though. I did get a video but not sure how to upload videos

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Was at Coventry Motor Fest today saw some lovely cars and an Aston Martin Vulcan :smile: sorry not to be related to my Clio but thought I would share :smile:
View attachment 157180 View attachment 157181
And it was driving through the ring road which was an experience lovely sound. Also there was two Clios going round the ring road one Blue and the other Red and Yellow didn't take any picture of them though. I did get a video but not sure how to upload videos
I was there today as well. That Vulcan was fuckin loud! Lol! Sounded and looked awesome though.
@Adam G was driving the blue cup mate.

Clio 220 PH2
I was there today as well. That Vulcan was fuckin loud! Lol! Sounded and looked awesome though.
@Adam G was driving the blue cup mate.
Haha it was beautiful sounding car :) it did mate really happy I could see it
He was driving it really well be good if we could send a few cars to show off the Clio sport website and community :) and blast round the ring road

Clio 220 PH2
Around this time next year mate. Darren Langeveld has some involvement with it if you know him?
From talking to one of the guys Darren does the ring road part of the show making sure the right people are in the right place. Might be worth speaking to him if a few car when on the ring road (driving it)

Clio 220 PH2
New parts turned up today I was hoping I could fit the lap belt on the harnesses tonight but ran into a little problem but thanks to @NorthloopCup we have come up with a solution (thank you mate) hopefully that should turn up Wednesday if all goes well but here's a picture of the boxes lol
image.jpeg

Got some cleaning products as well the joys of plastic windows :)