ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172- Flame red (NEEDS DE CHAVVED ALSO)

02 Clio 172
Well bought my first 172 on my 18th birthday lasy november, totally standard with 17k on it (2003) in Silver. Loved every minute of it until april. Lent it to my uninsured mate for a night so he could meet a bird. he Wrote it off along with a taxi and an M5. He went through the windscreen and ran away. Car cost me £7200 of hard earned, obviously he didnt have that lying around, i said call it £5500. took hima few months to pay so since March ive went through a BMW 316(crap), 05 plate Fiesta Zetec S(coil pack went twice), Renault Traffic(timing belt snapped, £1200 to fix), KTM 250sx(too Cold), 05 plate Peugeot Partner which i got rid of last week, and finally went back to the car i love, a cheeky wee clio 172!

Bought a Flame Red 2002 172. Completely standard except 99%tints, 2.5" straight through exhaust with 4" backbox, 17" TSW ice alloys. Had a snapped engine mount.

Pretty straightforward stuff to fix.

In last couple of days i have ordered (all brand new)

16" Speedline Turini (silver)
Toyo Proxes PX4 195/45/16
Renault Engine Top Engine Mount
Renault Standard Exhaust (CAT, Middle Section, BackBox)
K-Tec 30mm Springs

Tommorrow Will be Ordering £700 of Stuff, Not decided What though?

Definately going to do Timing and Aux Belt so thats half the £700.

Other £350 may get ignition leads and irium plugs.

Also need cut out for old exhaust in rear bumper filled and sprayed. About £120?

Anything else you guys recomend?

Last edited:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
id would have killed the c**t. but mind you i wouldn't of lent it out

02 Clio 172
BEN - how you doing mate, what you doing with yourself these days, good wee website this eh! my pal showed me it the other day!

i lent him it all the time, he always stuck a full tank in it and cleaned it, he normally looked after it, well i though he did! Learnt my lesson not to lend my car!

pics- its in CAS in shotts getting all work done, stuck it in there day i got it, im just going back and forth with parts until i get my license back (sent away for provisional today).

will be back through as soon as wheels arrive, and ill get pics.

A Flamin' Red one
Lent it to my uninsured mate for a night so he could meet a bird.

You let an 18 year old loose in a two litre, 172 (ish!) bhp car, with no insurance, so he could clearly show off to a girl?

And then you let him off the repayments?

f**k that.

Good work with the er, work on your current car though chap.

02 Clio 172
i am 18, he was 23.

he paid 5500 which was fair. some arse had reversed nto back in a car park a week before and bumper and boot had dent.

Bus w**ker
Not to sound too harsh but you sound like a moron PMSL. Lending a car to someone uninsured for a tank of fuel. Ever wondered why car insurance is so high?

Anyway exhaust wise I'd cancel your order on the standard Renault exhaust and buy something like a K-Tec stealth and get a de-cat. Better quality, won't rot in 6 months and is probably around the same price if not a fair chunk less. Or if funds allow a 182 manifold and de-cat that will mate to a 172 aftermarket exhaust system.

P.s. Can I borrow you car?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh, i think you deserved you first clio to be written off,
lending it to sum1 who clearly cant drive for s**t, and letting them drive without insurance is just plain irresponsible
i wont even get my other half insured on my clio, let alone let her drive it!

where do you get your money from???
because by the looks of your first post,
buying all those cars, and paying the insurance, (after im guessing writing all the cars went on your policy,

you have waaaaay more money than sence,
or daddys just minted

E92 M3
bless ya it was stupid lending it to ur mate but you whr only being a mate

just a shame he couldnt handle the power

was the crash his fault

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
do you mean you sent your prov away to get your full licence?
and i wouldn't take my car anywhere in shotts to get worked on!

I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to point out the errors of his ways, I'm sure hes well aware of what he did and won't do it again, live and learn and all that.

Anyway, good luck with the new project!

02 Clio 172
i lent my pal my car, i still would lend my pals my car, but id check they were insured first! thats what friends are for, i always borrow friends cars!

anwyay speedlines, 30mm springs, engine mount all arrived.

Tints removed.

Provisional arrived, theory booked for tuesday next week!

02 Clio 172
1322253794a9972649335l.jpg

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
James I have a cup spoiler for sale if your intrested mate aswell as turinis if your intrested!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Harsh luck .. mistakes are there to be learnt from.

Anyway exhaust wise I'd cancel your order on the standard Renault exhaust and buy something like a K-Tec stealth and get a de-cat. Better quality, won't rot in 6 months and is probably around the same price if not a fair chunk less.

Defo agree on the standard Renault cardboard exhaust. Don't bother...!! Get one made of metal from K-tec !

:cool:

02 Clio 172
cancelled exhaust, going for something with a small oval pipe.

Turinis arrived from ktec, along with springs and new mount.

Tints removed.

I had a license, got revoked for getting caught on mobile phone with no insurance in my old 106gti (forgot i had that aswell lol!) anyway learned my lesson!

insurance on clio, with mum then dad then me as named driver only £930 full comp

Titanium 182
cancelled exhaust, going for something with a small oval pipe.

Turinis arrived from ktec, along with springs and new mount.

Tints removed.

I had a license, got revoked for getting caught on mobile phone with no insurance in my old 106gti (forgot i had that aswell lol!) anyway learned my lesson!

insurance on clio, with mum then dad then me as named driver only £930 full comp

2.5" slash cut inwards rolled.
Plus insurance fronting isn't looked upon kindly by people on here generally.

But you got one of the best colours :approve:

Titanium 182
Oh dear, it's not going well for you!

First you let your uninsured friend borrow your car, you've also been caught for being uninsured yourself whilst using your phone, and now you're uninsured on this car!

Have you ever been insured? LOL!

02 Clio 172
insurance fronting, people should have more in there life to worry about then someone else's insurance.

its a forum to look at cars and help each other, not try to be the police.

I put car in mums name anyway.

yeh red is good, looks like i may be selling ina month, my mate is selling his 2002 Focus RS! 286bhp is too tempting!!! same insurance group!!! ha

02 Clio 172
what do you mean im uninsured for this car, ive never drove the thing yet!

Ive insured every car ive ever had apart from 106, i bought it in aviemore at 11pm, and was on phone on motorway back down when roadies caught me on phone. planned on swapping my insurance from VTS to the gti next mornin!

Titanium 182

Insurance fronting, it voids your policy!

I'm not reporting you or anything, I'm just saying if you had an accident the insurance company might turn around and say that you're the main driver, not your parents!

I know you're 'de-chavving' it, but who's more likely to be driving this car? A middle-aged lady or yourself? Insurance companies will look for any way out of paying out a claim!

I'll ignore the insurance fronting part for now.

Im more curious as to what happened with the Police & insurance with regards to your original 172?

53 Clio's & counting

quote]

as said mate you are not insured on your car, as if you were involved in an accident they can prove you have unlawfully insured the car, as even though it is insured they will prove that you are the main driver, not your mother as the insurance states

not being harsh here mate just making you aware that does happen, and we have seen it a hundred times before

anyway welcome and sounds like you have some sensible plans

Deja vu 182
Surely looking at your past record you should insure your next car properly . I don t work in insurance but having your license revoked and getting caught with no insurnce your quote of £930 seems a little cheap ?? Sorry to sound harsh but the people that are paying their insurance properly are paying for people like you .

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
insurance fronting, people should have more in there life to worry about then someone else's insurance.

yeh red is good, looks like i may be selling ina month, my mate is selling his 2002 Focus RS! 286bhp is too tempting!!! same insurance group!!! ha
I doubt it will be same insurance group with 286 bhp tbh, unles you don't declare it, which after reading this thread, wouldn't suprise me.

120d M-Sport

+1, best off just keeping some details to yourself mate, as once 1 person says something everyone jumps on the bandwagon and comments. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the plans matey and i hope it all works out for you :D

Bus w**ker

I stand by my original comment that you are a moron. lol

Do you not think that people who pay for their own legitimate insurance, through the nose due to uninsured drivers mostly, have good grounds to be concerned with those committing insurance fraud?

Fair enough there is the central pot for claims against uninsured drivers, which is paid in to by all the insurance companies. But where do you think they get the money from to pay into that pot? They increase everyone's, including your Mum's Dad's sister's half brother's policy that you're a named driver on, premium. So if you're going to cry about it then I think coming to a forum that mostly revolves around sports models and modified cars and bragging about allowing your dickhead uninsured mate drive and crash your car/you driving uninsured/you having no licence/you fronting on your insurance policy probably isn't the best place to expect compassion. :nono:

If you can't afford to drive the car legally, buy something you can and stop being a f**king pikie.

And Ridahz he is stupid enough to post the details on a forum available to the whole world, that means that anyone is welcome to their own opinion and pass comment on it.

120d M-Sport
I stand by my original comment that you are a moron. lol

Do you not think that people who pay for their own legitimate insurance, through the nose due to uninsured drivers mostly, have good grounds to be concerned with those committing insurance fraud?

Fair enough there is the central pot for claims against uninsured drivers, which is paid in to by all the insurance companies. But where do you think they get the money from to pay into that pot? They increase everyone's, including your Mum's Dad's sister's half brother's policy that you're a named driver on, premium. So if you're going to cry about it then I think coming to a forum that mostly revolves around sports models and modified cars and bragging about allowing your dickhead uninsured mate drive and crash your car/you driving uninsured/you having no licence/you fronting on your insurance policy probably isn't the best place to expect compassion. :nono:

If you can't afford to drive the car legally, buy something you can and stop being a f**king pikie.

And Ridahz he is stupid enough to post the details on a forum available to the whole world, that means that anyone is welcome to their own opinion and pass comment on it.

True, and i agree that insurance route isnt the best way to go, but if its worth the risk to him then why not? It wont damage your pocket at the end of the day, like you say this is a forum and people are entitled to there own opinion but wow ive never seen a site where sooo many people seem arrogant and just start flaming someone over nothing and am not just talking about this thread, i mean in general. Think its just a place for them to let off there steam cos they get bullied outside the internet...

:D

clio sport cup
You sir are a idiot, honestly. People like you and you pals f**k it up for all the young drivers.. (when I was 17, 15+ years ago, i thought i had it bad.)

As for the 286bhp focus.. I suspect its the same insurance group without the mods.. Which i suspect is what you will fail to tell them about..

grow up.

He does seem like a bit of a tool, but calling people silly names and wasting your time writing replies he probably wont read, isn't really going to achieve much either but heyho