ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 200

RS200
Just come back from my local dealership with a receipt for a clio RS 200 glacier white with cup chassis! Im so excited to get it ive got to wait till october though!! :eek: its going to be the longest 3 months of my life i think! i managed to get it for £14,500 and a tank of fuel! good deal?

RS200
how did u spec ur car? i neeeeearly bought the recaros but thought it would be more practical not to.

LY 200
how did u spec ur car? i neeeeearly bought the recaros but thought it would be more practical not to.

I sacraficed Recaros for the Cup Pack too. (Ride would be too hard)

I ordered a Clio RS200 in LY with Cup Pack for £14900.

RS200
does anyone know how long it will take to properly run the car in? ive heard some people say a few k before the engine has really loosend up?

RS200
i test drove a green one with cup pack and someone was buying one the same time as me and tried to persuade me to option the upgraded stereo with bluetooth but the standerd clio is pretty well equiped any way. its only been 4 hours since i bought it. im counting the hours already let a alone the months till i get it! haha i hope it,l just sit at the at the back of my mind till oct.

RS200
they said first week of october but havnt got a specific day yet. renault factory closes for the whole of august so mine probably wont even start being bulit till september. what colour did you get urs in?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
One at renault world series i was intrested in, recaros and cup spec is the only ne to go for imo. And white or black

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think the black on the front works really well against the white. Good choice!

I know about the 3 month wait too! I ordered my 182 in September 2004 and had to wait until the first week of December before it arrived. Try not to think about it much (easier said that done, I know!) or else you just end up clock-watching all the time! ;)

D.

Cool.

I couldn't wait 3 months for a car though. I'm way to impatient for that. I'd have to have one within the week or would buy something else.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cool.

I couldn't wait 3 months for a car though. I'm way to impatient for that. I'd have to have one within the week or would buy something else.

Normally I'd say that I would be the same. But I was given a company Celica for those three months, complete with fuel card. So for a quarter of a year, I had free motoring. It certainly helped ease my waiting pains - lol! :cool:

Great car it was too - just too underpowered. It was the 130bhp (?) version.

D.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The car

DSCN0124.jpg

GW Cup, Recaros, AC, Speedlines. Done.

That would be mine.

Tappd'd RS
The car

DSCN0124.jpg

GW Cup, Recaros, AC, Speedlines. Done.

That would be mine.

I specced one last night and couldn't believe the list price! I picked AG paint tho.

Are the majority of people managing to make big savings from list?

RS200
i would never buy the cup version. the interior is so bad, obviously its the same lay out but with no radio all cheaper looking plastics and doesnt look like it has a leather steering wheel! definatly glad i picked the 200 with cup chassis. im starting to regret not speccing the recaros though! there are definatly deals to be had i would have never bought the car if i was going to pay list price

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i would never buy the cup version. the interior is so bad, obviously its the same lay out but with no radio all cheaper looking plastics and doesnt look like it has a leather steering wheel! definatly glad i picked the 200 with cup chassis. im starting to regret not speccing the recaros though! there are definatly deals to be had i would have never bought the car if i was going to pay list price

I'd just source a RS wheel. £150 form Renault. Granted cheaper plastics used, but looks the same so meh. (i have a 197 btw). Something i love about the cups 197/200, needs to be either White or Nimbus.

RS200
your probably just more hardcore than me! lol i like the idea of the stripped out cup version but i dont see the point in having a car that u drive to work and out with ur mates everyday with no aircon radio and other luxuries gone just to say ur car can beat a normal 200 round a track by half a second (dont quote that time though lol) but if i see a man in a clio 200 cup i,ll give him a nod of respect for doing without the luxuries for the sake of performance! just not for me though

clio rs
good price but in 3 months im not it will loose vaule by then, lets face it people aint gonna be rushd off the buy them. Hope u didnt pay a disposit. I 200 standard wheels are nasty.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
you will so regret not having the recaros they are pimp

when you get bored of its uglyness(joke) you would find it harder to sell that one with recaros

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
your probably just more hardcore than me! lol i like the idea of the stripped out cup version but i dont see the point in having a car that u drive to work and out with ur mates everyday with no aircon radio and other luxuries gone just to say ur car can beat a normal 200 round a track by half a second (dont quote that time though lol) but if i see a man in a clio 200 cup i,ll give him a nod of respect for doing without the luxuries for the sake of performance! just not for me though

It would have to be specced with AC and Recaros!!! Is a radio an option then?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Probably one of the best colours, b'strd to keep clean:mad:
Don't understand not having recaros:S
Was told by prolific RS buyer/seller that recaros are a must for resale?
Am i correct in that the cup pack don't come with the quick rack of the Cup??
Will wait & see what the 250 meg does to the markets as some 'have to have the latest thing' ;)

By the way the track is where it's at;)

Me last night:D
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee310/rob_c/dp trackday 160709/

The give away is the plate:D