ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 200

PS 200
nah wing mirrors dont excite me. show me its ass! lol
P7190183.gif

RS200
:cool: what a great car mate! cant wait for mine! it must be frustrating running it in.. keeping it under 3,500 rpm can u actually feel it getting quicker when u pile the miles on?

RS200
i think they,l make the car look a bit different from others too. so i take it ur dealer let u add on the option?

PS 200
:cool: what a great car mate! cant wait for mine! it must be frustrating running it in.. keeping it under 3,500 rpm can u actually feel it getting quicker when u pile the miles on?
It's run in already :D - on the drive home from picking it up.

Mind you - i think I'll still take it easy up to the first 1k (with the occasional wee blast).

Took the A68 up from Hull to Edinburgh so I didn't have to sit on the A1.

Set cruise to 60 and hold on through the corners and left the brakes alone :cool:

williams and trophy
does anyone know how long it will take to properly run the car in? ive heard some people say a few k before the engine has really loosend up?

give it death from the beginning and it will loosen up a lot sooner....and will be one of the quicker ones wen done. u always have the warranty to fall back on too.

RS200
some one said the same thing to me but i dunno.. is that really true? probably give it 600-700 miles but not to say i wont hit the redline occasionally

PS 200
some one said the same thing to me but i dunno.. is that really true? probably give it 600-700 miles but not to say i wont hit the redline occasionally
I've been nowhere near the red line - and I'm still smiling :D.

To be honest I don't think I'll be going near it too often either - guarantee loss of licence :dead:

RS200
0-62? 6.9 seconds? worth a try and thats not gunna loose you your licence. i know what u mean though but im still gunna have to find out if it really does 141 mph but will literaly do that once or twice ever.

PS 200
0-62? 6.9 seconds? worth a try and thats not gunna loose you your licence. i know what u mean though but im still gunna have to find out if it really does 141 mph but will literaly do that once or twice ever.
The last time I did 140 on the public roads the police stopped me - admired the Audi Quattro Coupe I was driving and sent me on my way warning me to slow it down a bit.

How things have changed in the last 20 years ;).

Got the 200 for driving on these sorts of roads - Looking back over the road up to cairn o' mount :D
P7190196.gif

And not a scamera in site :evil:

RS200
damn living in london! should have got a G whizz! lol do u live in scotland? im thinking of going up there with the girlfriend.. take the 200 and find some good roads i think!

looks fit in white.

I think more people should be buying them so that I can buy a cheap Nimbus R27. Thankya.

PS 200
damn living in london! should have got a G whizz! lol do u live in scotland? im thinking of going up there with the girlfriend.. take the 200 and find some good roads i think!
That picture was taken approx 20 miles from where I live.

Some call it God's Country - I call RS200 Country :cool:

I might take the "Long" road home tonight and post up pictures of the roads I have to endure tomorrow :D

RS200
nah clio badge looks fine where it is, u want everyone in the BMW's and Audis to know whats just owned them.

LY 200
i think they,l make the car look a bit different from others too. so i take it ur dealer let u add on the option?

He did mate.

He said there's still flexability on it atm.

In other words, he means get your wallet out Mr Tyke!

RS200
i went on the renaultsport page and requested more info on the car ages ago and i got an email saying come in and talk to us and ur local dealer and the email also said if u buy the car show them this email and you will get free mats.

RS200
Also ive got a few questions for any owners or future owners of a 200? why do u have to put your foot on the break before pressing the start button? the salesman said somthing about just in case its in gear? but that doesnt really make sense because you check that anyway.
Also when you put your foot all the way down on the accelerator you hit a little switch at the end of the travel in the pedal.
What is that lil switch for?

PS 200
Also ive got a few questions for any owners or future owners of a 200? why do u have to put your foot on the break before pressing the start button? the salesman said somthing about just in case its in gear? but that doesnt really make sense because you check that anyway.
Also when you put your foot all the way down on the accelerator you hit a little switch at the end of the travel in the pedal.
What is that lil switch for?
You either have you have your foot on the brake pedal OR the clutch depressed.

apparently it wont start if you try starting it and it's in gear and your foot isn't on the clutch - but I don't fancy finding out if that one works ;).

I think the little switch would be to de-activate the Speed Limiter - to get out of trouble etc - but not sure on that one. The booklet does say you have to press the accelerator down completely to override the speed limit you have set (not that I'll be setting a speed limit ;)

RS200
ahh ok yeah that makes sense. but if the car isnt in gear i spose u can just start it without touching any pedals?

PS 200
ahh ok yeah that makes sense. but if the car isnt in gear i spose u can just start it without touching any pedals?
No - If you press the start button without touching either the brake or the clutch it starts up the accessories (Radio etc) :dead:

You wait to to see the instructions for disarming the Alarm if you want to wash the car - I've read them 3 times (and pondered the very strange pictures) and still have no Idea what you have to do :S

RS200
haha yeah im going to have to sit down with the instructions for a few hours i think. i find that just driving it and finding out for yourself gets you to grip with most things.
hmm its funny that you cant start it up unless you touch a pedal doesnt matter though.

PS 200
haha yeah im going to have to sit down with the instructions for a few hours i think. i find that just driving it and finding out for yourself gets you to grip with most things.
hmm its funny that you cant start it up unless you touch a pedal doesnt matter though.
When buying any car you need to know how to start it, how to stop it and how to open the fuel filler cap.

Everything else you can pick up as you go along :D