ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 200

RS200
Renault i.d paint is a bit of a rip off even for non metalic paint its about £140 maybe u can get it unpainted for free? lol

RS200
yeah i was thinking i think you got a better deal than me i got mine £400 cheaper but uve got the £1200 paint. how did u push that one?

LY 200
yeah i was thinking i think you got a better deal than me i got mine £400 cheaper but uve got the £1200 paint. how did u push that one?

Played one garage of with another. In the end the dealer who got my money hadn't sold an RS200, so I think they were under a bit of pressure to get a sale.

172cup
Yeah it looks like no one is paying for the paint at the minute. I am waiting to find out about a new job before considering buying one.

I drove my mates 200 on Wed night and all I can say is awesome, according to handbook engine is already semi run in and only needs 600 miles to run in.

RS200
ahh right yeah my dealer had sold 7 already. I swindled a full tank of fuel too. tried to get as much out of the money grabbing salesman as possible.
mccabe172- the 200 is awesome if u can then by one you can get a deal on it if u try and they probably the best value for money car thats out there for under 20k

BMW 320d M-Sport
Sure, here. Not sure if it's shown online but give them a call. Popped in there yesterday so it should still be an active offer lol.

Fiesta ST-3
Sorry to spam here a little but does anyone know what the speedlines on satin black look like on the new 200? I cant find a picture

197 F1 R27
Read everyones replies and was thinking about putting a little input in :D

Heres the car:

DSC_0339-1.jpg

and the best option availible. I cant believe the salesman told you they would be too hard with the cup pack. He talked himself out of a bit of commission. The finish of the car nicely.

DSC_0345.jpg

Plus my new plates which turned up today :D

PlateImageService.png

Have had my 200 cup for about 3-4 weeks now and have just gone over 1.8k miles. Its had a number of issues but is a pretty sound car. First issue was a poorly fitting panel just below the bonnet between the bumper. This was the result of a broken clip. Soon to be replaced by renault under warrenty, once they get a new bumper in. On Friday night my accelerator peddle decided it was going to play up a little and now is extra hard to push all the way to the floor and makes a nasty clicking noise. New peddle is on order and will be replaced under warrenty aswell.

As for running the new car is, i contacted Renault about it as its bloody hard to stay below 3.5k. All they had to say was that its a recommendation so its up to you. The engine would have already been run on an engine test bed for about 1k so its already run in. The 625 miles is more or a beddin period for the gearbox, brakes and clutch.

Good luck with the new car but try and get the recaros :D you will only regret it.

Paul

That's a gorgeous car if you don't mind me saying. I think I saw it in Marlborough not long ago...

If they bring out a special edition 200 I might have to trade in my R27 :cool:

172cup
Just different wheels mate, they are supposedly lighter and are used in the clio cup race series. I am unsure if they are lighter than the new wheels though.

Yeah been really impressed with the chassis, steering and build quality. Dont know whether I can live with the straight line pace though.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just different wheels mate, they are supposedly lighter and are used in the clio cup race series. I am unsure if they are lighter than the new wheels though.

Yeah been really impressed with the chassis, steering and build quality. Dont know whether I can live with the straight line pace though.

Straight speed is the same as the 182 isn't it?

RS200
ahh ok i think the new alloys are lighter than the standard wheels but dunno about the speedlines then. The 200 is faster than the 182 but in a race it wouldnt leave it too far behind. ur saying the 200 is too fast to live with?

RS200
i know i thought it was a strange comment saying i couldnt live with the straight line speed? its fast but as u say its certainly no GTR! lol

LY 200
Just got of the phone from the dealers. He said you can still add options but there is a cut off point. (he wasn't sure when that was)

Still undecided about the Recaros, but i'am thinking of having the Black Speedlines putting on.

So the spec will now be..

Clio RS200.
Liquid Yellow paint
Cup Pack.
Black Speedlines.

P.S

I also asked him why the i.d paint was at that price. He said there is more layers of paint making it a bit tougher, plus the whole car is painted in one go. (Standard met painted cars: front wings, bumpers and pertrol cap are painted separately from the body)

172cup
Sorry lads meant it is not quick enough. Personally, after driving a 182/172 for the last 3 years the 200 would leave both on track and on a country road. I am not talking straight away but over a long distance or continuous laps round a track it would fly. The 200 brakes seem indestructible and the handling is even better than the 182/172. It may be bigger but the 200s dynamics make it feel even more like a go kart. My pal glenn reckons it is better than his jdm dc2 at cornering.

In my previous post I am unsure whether it would be fast enough in a straight line to keep me interested. My other consideration is an r26 or possibly an r26r.

Get the id paint, I have it on the 182 and seems to be a lot better quality than was on my trophy.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just got of the phone from the dealers. He said you can still add options but there is a cut off point. (he wasn't sure when that was)

Still undecided about the Recaros, but i'am thinking of having the Black Speedlines putting on.

So the spec will now be..

Clio RS200.
Liquid Yellow paint
Cup Pack.
Black Speedlines.

P.S

I also asked him why the i.d paint was at that price. He said there is more layers of paint making it a bit tougher, plus the whole car is painted in one go. (Standard met painted cars: front wings, bumpers and pertrol cap are painted separately from the body)

Get that Recaro option box ticked, you know it makes sense ;)

LY 200
Get that Recaro option box ticked, you know it makes sense ;)

I know it does mate but i've got to try and persuede the boss (the mrs :rolleyes:) its a good idea.

I'll tell her she looks nice when she walks through the door. I haven't done that for a good few years, it might work, if it doesn't i'll go to plan B.