ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NW Rolling Road meet @ RS Tuning Sat 8th May 2010

Evo 8 MR
Mines mingin, not been washed in a week or so, will only pick up lots more dirt on the journey across anyway.

I just hope for good weather.

DCi 100
I was planning on popping down when I woke up, but seeing as that was about 7 mins ago and I'll only get over for about 2:15, I'll just leave it for another time lol.

Be interesting to see the results... wish I could have made it to see what mine was running but the car just isnt ready

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Was a good little rr day (for most anyway, sorry Carl, Stuart and Chris :( ), not too many cars like last time :)

Cheers to Daz for organising it!

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Mine had a few issues, I broke down on the M62 :( but after a bit of fiddeling i got it running again and made it home. I have the Omex Loom in my room and i'm sorting it out :) So she'll be back up and running in no time :)

DCi 100
Mine had a few issues, I broke down on the M62 :( but after a bit of fiddeling i got it running again and made it home. I have the Omex Loom in my room and i'm sorting it out :) So she'll be back up and running in no time :)

Glad I didn't treck out now, only car I wanted to see really :eek:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
i got 164.9bhp. well chuffed with it concidering it made 149.5bhp in november.

That was such a good result for a 9 year old car, was really shocked compared to what the ph1's were running last time I went. Congrats :)

Audi A4 TDi Sport
cheers jenic. i was devastated last time. changed a few things over the winter and i'm well happy now. remap will be coming soon as paul said ph1 get good gains from them :cool:

172 with k-tec sound
gutted :dapprove: my geometry was that far out i couldnt run, but was a great meet anyway, cheers daz;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Sorry I couldn't come guys, my friends had a hard time this week and I had to look after her. Next time tho..

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I took the golf on and that made 234hp which I am very happy with.
But it won't stay like that for long:evil:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I made 166.4bhp, which I didn't think was bad for a 99% standard 182 - shy of a panel filter and different exhaust. I still even have the standard cat and map. :)

Paul suggested that a once-over on my cambelt timing might improve that a bit.

Great day - thanks for organising it Da. Kudos points goto to the guy with the 19-year-old Honda CRX that sounded frail on idle, yet went onto to chuck out 159bhp on the rollers. Stripped out as it was - I bet that's a quick little fecker. :)

Sorry to see the Clio giving you so much jip, chrispy...... :(

D.

Da

Less
Great day out today, thanks to everyone who made the effort to come along! :)

Shame about your car Chris, must be so frustrating!

Well happy with mine still running at 181.8bhp, even after the JMS induction kit ;)

1998 BMW e46 323i
some decent figures there, dread to think what my 172 puts out after 8 years, 5 of which have been with me!!!

Evo 8 MR
What are the symtoms of your cam timing issue mate? idling problems e.t.c

Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever, just down on power.

I compared my graph to Jonff's graph and they are very similar.

Theres nowhere I can put my finger on to say "theres the problem", yet his run 160 odd. :S

When was it last done?

January last year iirc.

I had mine om the rollers at rs tuning not long ago and my cup ran 162bhp and thats with jms induction setup and matched inlets, mind you that day it was very hot and humid so probs lost some bhp there

Someone else also proved it.

I would of thought you would of had some common problems if the timing was out mate, idling very rough is the common one, but your figure is on the low side, paul said 172 normally kick out around the 160bhp mark

Doesnt take long to check, then at least you know its 100% spot on and not that causing power loss if there is any...

Da

Less
Lol i think so to, there 10bhp what they say it makes i think is rather optimistic

Yeah mine went from 181.8 to 181.7 after adding the JMS kit.
Prior to that I had a regular airbox with an ITG panel filter.

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
Doesnt take long to check, then at least you know its 100% spot on and not that causing power loss if there is any...

Sorted, I'll ask my mechanic and see what he says, failing that I'll book it in with one of the big boys.

If he hasnt got the renault locking tools let me know, ive got the full set and can check it for you if needs be