ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Fail. Epic fail.

I'm not sure there has been a fail like that since Skinny got the internet.

I know. I should really reply with "Are you f**king serious?, the 19th of June? Do you know who I am? f**k off, I'll be there the following week. Knobhead"

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

So sick of my Storm, this should be my next purchase I think.

Question though, can you buy out a contract with Voda, get the number ported and start a new one with O2 relatively easily? Presume it's just the cost right?

Yes you can buy out vodafone contracts.

Audi S1

does anyone no what time on the 17th the software will be release :) due to work

lol, if I tell you a time, will you believe me? ;)

Sneeks will probably have a better idea of time.

Citroen DS3 DSport

It all depends if we have to wait for 9am US time or not, could well be evening for us in the UK.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

To make things even worse, I may be abroad on release day. FFS!

:dapprove:

Same here, going on holiday for 2 weeks on June 18th FTL! :(

Oh well, I'll have a month less of my existing contract left when I return so should be cheaper to upgrade lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I'll be buying TomTom and from the wording used on their official website I think the cradle must have a improved GPS receiver built-in to it.

"the TomTom car kit that offers secure docking, enhanced GPS performance, clear voice instructions and hands-free calling, while charging your iPhone at the same time."

Or re-radiating antenna, that would be my guess.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Might have an entire chipset, they are so cheap.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Yeah, I wish they'd say just to satisfy my curiosity!

Incidentally the video says something like "Drive, Call" etc which is a slightly interesting statement. I'd still like to know how incoming calls are handled.

Citroen DS3 DSport

That's what I'm thinking as the GPS chip accuracy in the 3G handset has been questioned in the past, I'd think that TT want to get it working reliably.

It does look like we can accept calls while using the TT software.

Abarth 500

just curious, lots of people are pissed that O2 won't let them upgrade to the new Iphone for free. Why the hell would they? You are contacted in, this is the norm, no other phone supplier would let you upgrade for free mid contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

That's what I'm thinking as the GPS chip accuracy in the 3G handset has been questioned in the past, I'd think that TT want to get it working reliably.

It does look like we can accept calls while using the TT software.

I'm not sure on that one, I think it's in regard to a comment made by an Apple suit way back at release of the 3G (Just like the myth about directional info being adding to the core location API now means that tomtom and others can now develop for it), I have to say that when I've had google maps up on screen and the phone sitting on the passenger seat, I've had no problems with it tracking my position.

It would be nice to see the RSSI and how many satellites it's tracking, at least then we'd have a good idea on how good or bad technically the internal GPS system is. Interestingly I've seen this information on a prototype 3G, I've looked in the jailbreak scene to see if anybody has been able to extract this but I've not see anything that seems to show this info.

M135i

silly question time. will the 3.0 allow voice commands? or is this reserved for the 3GS?

Barge

Just spoke to some r****d on the phone at O2. I said:

Me: "Haiii. I'm interested in upgrading to the new iPhone next week... Basically I know what I'm after..."
r****d: *interrupts me* "You can have the 16G..."
Me: *interrupts him* "I know what I want and which tariff. I just want to know how buying out my current contract will work, as there's three months till my upgrade."
r****d: "Yeah you'll have to buy it out."
Me: "Thanks for that... "
r****d: "You'll have to start again with a new number and contract, as we can't let you upgrade your old one yet."
Me: "So why exactly can't I have my current number."
r****d: "You'll need to buy out your old contract."
Me: "Right I get that, but surely I can pay you those months line rental, and you just change me over."
r****d: "No, there is a way. But it's complicated. Blah blah blah r****d noises about codes and keeping number, etc."
Me: "So you're telling me I can't have my current number?"
r****d: *Starts talking*
Me: *interrupts him* "That's all I wanted to know."

Helpful f**king bunch. I think I'll visit the store.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Just spoke to some r****d on the phone at O2. I said:

Me: "Haiii. I'm interested in upgrading to the new iPhone next week... Basically I know what I'm after..."
r****d: *interrupts me* "You can have the 16G..."
Me: *interrupts him* "I know what I want and which tariff. I just want to know how buying out my current contract will work, as there's three months till my upgrade."
r****d: "Yeah you'll have to buy it out."
Me: "Thanks for that... "
r****d: "You'll have to start again with a new number and contract, as we can't let you upgrade your old one yet."
Me: "So why exactly can't I have my current number."
r****d: "You'll need to buy out your old contract."
Me: "Right I get that, but surely I can pay you those months line rental, and you just change me over."
r****d: "No, there is a way. But it's complicated. Blah blah blah r****d noises about codes and keeping number, etc."
Me: "So you're telling me I can't have my current number?"
r****d: *Starts talking*
Me: *interrupts him* "That's all I wanted to know."

Helpful f**king bunch. I think I'll visit the store.

Good job i dont work in that industry anymore, i would have phone falcon punched you there and then.

Just wait.

Revels Mum & Sister

Knows it Tom ;)

In that persons defence Needster he is correct, paying off the contract, transferring number etc takes a little time. If you want to keep your number you are probably not going to get a working iPhone on 19th June!

Barge

He was an h'actual r****d. He did not speak sense. All I wanted to know was if I could buy out my contract and keep my number, nothing more - nothing less. You'd have thought I'd asked him to cure f**king aids!

The amount of people wanting to do what I want to do, you'd think they'd have thought of a better way. Meh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yes you can. BUT! its complicated because you need to provision the same number to 2 accounts at the same time, if its not done properly you lose the number forever.

If it was me id port to another network via PAYG and then port back with the new iPhone account.
But thats only because i know i can do that myself.

Dont ask o2 ask me.

Revels Mum & Sister

LOL he was trying to help you and explain. Admit it you are a Techno r****d and he confused you ;)

I think the r****d was on your end of the phone. xxxx ;)

Barge

LOL he was trying to help you and explain. Admit it you are a Techno r****d and he confused you ;)

I think the r****d was on your end of the phone. xxxx ;)

F'uck off with your kisses, Chris. x

I think he'd probably had the same question a billion times today, TBH. Perhaps I was a little impatient, I suppose everyone can't have my cheery disposition.

Oh, that was diappointing. Just take out another contract and run the two side-by-side for three months. Just send an epic text message to everyone in your contacts, giving them your new number. It's not rocket science.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

just curious, lots of people are pissed that O2 won't let them upgrade to the new Iphone for free. Why the hell would they? You are contacted in, this is the norm, no other phone supplier would let you upgrade for free mid contract.

I was hoping they would let me upgrade to the new handset, for a fee. But keep my contract. So say i payed for the Handset only and got a paymonthly 3Gs. I dont mind that i cant upgrade, my 3G is still a brilliant phone and the best colour - white ;)

Barge

Meh, new number might get rid of some stalkers who I don't want to have it TBH. Could be a good idea.

PMSL at your edit, Roy. Was your original not offensive enough? ;)

Meh, new number might get rid of some stalkers who I don't want to have it TBH. Could be a good idea.

Knows. That's why I'm doing it. Wont give it to my boss for a few weeks either! lolz

Also, Roffle @ cheery disposition.

PMSL at your edit, Roy. Was your original not offensive enough? ;)

Exactly. New numbers FTW. Always an ideal way to filter out the c**ts whom you wish had never gotten hold of your number. Plus, you gain plausible deniability if they ever catch up with you. "oh hai, yeah sorry I changed my phone and lost your number". Done.

Yeah I added the last bit, as I didn't want you to think I was being helpful.

Barge

I'm coming round to it. Win. No more ghey sales calls. No more stalkers. Awesome.

I know you're helpful, Roysters.

Revels Mum & Sister

Thats why everytime I change my phone I never take my number. Revels still does not get the message!

Thats why everytime I change my phone I never take my number. Revels still does not get the message!

You only text me when Sarah is cracking the whip and taking you shopping. "Loads slit in Topshop butter" "f**king women takes ages trying s**t on"

s**t with plugs FTW!

DCi

I have to somehow convince o2 to let me upgrade to an iphone despite there being 8 months or so left on my contract...hmm!

Revels Mum & Sister

You only text me when Sarah is cracking the whip and taking you shopping. "Loads slit in Topshop butter" "f**king women takes ages trying s**t on"

s**t with plugs FTW!

At least I text you at SOME point. Shame the feeling isnt mutual :( Cannot remember the last time you text me randomly

I heart shopping SLIT!

I'm sorry :dapprove: I'll make more of an effort in future.

I have to somehow convince o2 to let me upgrade to an iphone despite there being 8 months or so left on my contract...hmm!

LOL! They'll let you. You just need to pay 8 * monthly cost.