ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Its a bit gay that I cant upgrade to 3gs (in contract until 2010)

Wish I could afford to buy the contract out, I may claim on my insurance for a new 16GB and upgrade that to 3.0, then its about 40% like having a 3Gs.

Megane 225 F1

I just took out the contract ( 2 weeks ago). If i do the return within 28days and get my money back, i can just get the iPhone 3GS cant i?

Barge

Is the 28 day thing for a fault though? I thought it was 14 if you changed your mind?

Megane 225 F1

Cant remeber. I know on the recipt it says something about 28days return policy

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'm not sure on that one, I think it's in regard to a comment made by an Apple suit way back at release of the 3G (Just like the myth about directional info being adding to the core location API now means that tomtom and others can now develop for it), I have to say that when I've had google maps up on screen and the phone sitting on the passenger seat, I've had no problems with it tracking my position.

I have done the same and found that it works well enough, I'm mainly curious as to what TT mean by enhanced GPS.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've been checking out costs and it would make more sense for me to sell my 3G for £200 to Mazuma and buy the 16gb 3GS on PAYG for £440, a real cost to me of £240 and no new 18 month contract to sign.

If I wait till January I may well be swayed towards the Pre which I'm sure will have had many software updates by that time to deal with the minor issues it currently has.

SchwepTek™

I've been checking out costs and it would make more sense for me to sell my 3G for £200 to Mazuma and buy the 16gb 3GS on PAYG for £440, a real cost to me of £240 and no new 18 month contract to sign.

If I wait till January I may well be swayed towards the Pre which I'm sure will have had many software updates by that time to deal with the minor issues it currently has.

I think 'll do the same.

Anyone know the number to call to reduce your monthly tarrif?

SchwepTek™

Thinking about it, wont you have to pay off your current contract as well or are you on P&G already?

It makes more sense if I pay off the remainder of my contract at 6*£31.50 = £189, start a new contract and pay £78 and sell my current 3G for £250ish.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Thinking about it, wont you have to pay off your current contract as well or are you on P&G already?

No I'd use my contract sim in the payg iPhone and continue to pay my monthly tariff.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Another good way of looking at it from the o2 forums:

Im gonna sell my iPhone on eBay for £300 and fork out £140 to get the 3GS Pay As You Go at £440.
At the end of my contract in december, Ill lower my contract to a sim only deal @ £20 per month, 600 minutes, 500 texts, unlimited internet - same as I get now.
Ill be saving £15 per month, wont be tied in, and will save myself the upfront £184 for the handset. Or save £25 per month and the upfront £84.
By the time the new iPhone comes out next summer, I would have saved £280, add that to the £300 Ill get for selling the previous handset on eBay, and Ill have £580, more than enough to pay for the Pay as You Go handset.

SchwepTek™
iPhone 3G problem

My sisters iPhone decided to stop making and receiving calls the other day.

Texting and iPod, etc all works 100%, however calls do not :s

She took it to the Apple Store and they said it has water damage and can't help but she is certain it hasn't been in any contact with water other than light rain, etc.

Any ideas what to do?

SchwepTek™
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

my bad....didnt know about this thread.... :eek:

I'm guessing they took it apart?

If its water damaged, then thats that really. Apple won't even look at fixing it. Is it insured? Time to "lose" it TBH.

Andy-con (or something like that) can repair them, so mebbe try him.

1.8 Civic EX

No I'd use my contract sim in the payg iPhone and continue to pay my monthly tariff.

exactly what I've been doing for last 6 months :)

Renewed my contract in November last year and got a new SE C902, sold that (£70 to Mazuma)then bought the Iphone 3g PAYG in Feb for about £300. (£230 due to selling the SE)

Considering my tarriff is £20 a month, more free minutes than I'd ever use, about 800 texts and a free bolt on of unlimited web use...happy days!

If I just went on the iphone tarrif the one I'd need would have been the £45 p/m iirc so I'm saving dolla too ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that it's the best option. The simplicity tariffs are far better value.

Citroen DS3 DSport

There is a water damage indicator in the headphone jack area but I've read comments from lots of people who have been told the same yet swear that their iPhone has not been in contact with water.

1.8 Civic EX

Yeh, but I don't fancy paying out over £400 for a phone! Hmmm

but think how much you'd be saving on the monthly tarriff...it all adds up..

although worth noting that if you are not on a specific Iphone tarrif the voicemail thing doesn't work. you have to get your voicemail in the normal way of dialling 901

Audi S1

I upgraded in april to 16gb 3g white... im just goiing to see my contract through. and get another 1 next year.

Only worth considering if you can sell your existing phone for a good price.

Yeh. My 2G isn't worth a lot and even less since I cracked the screen at the weekend.

but think how much you'd be saving on the monthly tarriff...it all adds up..

although worth noting that if you are not on a specific Iphone tarrif the voicemail thing doesn't work. you have to get your voicemail in the normal way of dialling 901

True. I'll see but don't have the cash to spend on it really.

I've never had visual voicemail on my current one, so not really bothered tbh.

SchwepTek™

Yeh apparently there is an indicator...

Hmmmm just strange that only the calls arent working?!?!?!

They offered her a replacement for £150 but she's a student so cant afford it....lol.

I'll try PMing Andy-con.

I've heard before the apple just claim water damage when it's clear there is none. Guy on here can fix them.

Revels Mum & Sister

LOL dicks. Interesting post for people worrying about stock;

@CraigPlummer We are happy we'll have enough stock to meet demand

That poor person that is answering all the tweets!

"Why don't you let us upgrade, you did on the 2G!"

lolz

Do some cripples not realise that the handset is worth a fortune, and that the contract offsets this cost?

Exactly.

£350 3G, thats why it cost £99, because you pay £40 a month.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I have done the same and found that it works well enough, I'm mainly curious as to what TT mean by enhanced GPS.

Me too. Its a pretty bizarre statement for them to make without giving detail, not quite sure why they didn't explain it more.

BMW F31

i've also heard they have to provide you with an image of the marker that has changed colour indicating water damage.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Right, had my detective hat on and I'm pretty sure that they're using a re-radiating antenna to boost the signal strength. Why do I believe this? Well...

Da TomTom Website innit bruv said:
TomTom has made navigation available for your iPhone 3G. All you need is:

Note that it says iPhone 3G, if they'd integrated their own GPS receiver then it'd work on the original iPhone too using an accessory protocol, it wouldn't be limited to just the 3G...

1+1=3?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I've read comments from lots of people who have been told the same yet swear that their iPhone has not been in contact with water.

Incontinence FTL! :(

Tena-lady FTW! :)

Citroen DS3 DSport

It's possible but I think Apple are wanting to force 1st gen iPhone owners to upgrade and have removed several of the 3.0 options from them, MMS for one.