ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Revels Mum & Sister
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Just stuck V3.0 GM on my iphone going to have a wee fiddle. Loving Landscape text input about time! Now I have 3.0 can I request MMS settings from O2

Citroen DS3 DSport

Just stuck V3.0 GM on my iphone going to have a wee fiddle. Loving Landscape text input about time! Now I have 3.0 can I request MMS settings from O2

Yes no reason why not :)

fiesta 1.25

So basicly am i right in saying we cant get a contract untill our current one runs out or is paid off?

fiesta 1.25

But even still we could sell our 3g's for £250 and get the new one for £190+new contract?I have a long time to wait though.

According to the o2 twitter feed, it doesn't look like white 16GB will be available at launch!! FFS!

32GB it is then.

fiesta 1.25

Cheers for confirming that mate.

Might sell my iphone sooner rather than later

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Does anyone know when 3.0 software is released for the iPod Touch? Or even if it is?

Tesla MP3 2021

how much is insurance though?£250 a year?its pointless.

and all for a new back because it was cracked.Mines cracked now but id rather keep £250

£250?? what are you on. My current insurance is £7.50 per month so that's £90 per year and its £10 per month on the new 3GS so thats £120 per year.

£120 / £90 per year and you are guaranteed a brand new phone that costs over £350, yes please. Pointless no don't think so!

Oh and the crack I had was pretty bad, it was split right down to the connection at the bottom and it sometimes didn't charge but if you would rather put up with that then that's up to you!!

Monaco 53/468
using 3G for internet iPhone 3G (three network)

The only way I seem to be able to go on the net is via WiFi. When I have strong 3G signal I try and go on the App Store or Safari and it can't / won't connect. I'm guessing I need to manually enter some network settings, am I right?

I am no iPhone genius so be nice!

Also if I am right, does anybody know the settings info I need?

Thanking you!

Steve
Was in wrong section, sorry!

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister

Sneeks I assume you have V3.0. Have you tried Push using POP account or anything other than Exchange/Yahoo. Does Push only work over GSM/3G signal i.e not Wifi?

Just setup my POP account and does not seem to be pushing. I was under the impression you could configure it to make a sound/flash up a message etc.

2014 Focus Titanium

Am I the only one that is disappointed with the iPhone 3GS? I had my heart set on one and was hoping for 640x480 resolution, 5mp or at least a flash etc but instead we get a gimmicky compass, a (probably s**t) 3mp camera with no flash and from what I can see from the specs no improvement on battery life.

Please please please someone show me something I am missing because I was ready to jizz everywhere but i am not high and dry.

I think I might get it on PAYG TBH.

16GB 3G S = £440. Top up £30 a month and get unlimited calls. Now that £30 should cover my text messages.. Get 12 months unlimited wifi etc, then its £10 a month. By then the new one will be out and I can do the same again and sell my 3G S!

I'm yet to confirm what bolt ons are available from o2 for the iPhone as it doesn't look like they are all available looking at Twitter. But even on the lowest package, add unlimited texts and unlimited weekends or o2 to o2 and its going to cost £45 a month + £184 for the phone!

Hmmmm

Citroen DS3 DSport

Sneeks I assume you have V3.0. Have you tried Push using POP account or anything other than Exchange/Yahoo. Does Push only work over GSM/3G signal i.e not Wifi?

Just setup my POP account and does not seem to be pushing. I was under the impression you could configure it to make a sound/flash up a message etc.

I only have my Gmail account setup on my iPhone and email from that arrives very fast, usually at the same time as it appears on my PC browser. The only use of Push I've read about that works as you describe is for apps which are yet to be released, not sure how that will be implemented for email.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'm yet to confirm what bolt ons are available from o2 for the iPhone as it doesn't look like they are all available looking at Twitter

This was posted on MacRumors forum:

We're unable to offer you the Unlimited Text Bolt On to your account, as we don't offer the following chargeable Bolt Ons anymore:
Unlimited anytime texts
Unlimited O2 to O2 calls
Unlimited weekend calls
Unlimited landline calls
200 extra anytime minutes

This is because we're reviewing the bolt-ons we offer to ensure that they reflect how customers are using their mobile phones and their usage in the future.

Revels Mum & Sister

I only have my Gmail account setup on my iPhone and email from that arrives very fast, usually at the same time as it appears on my PC browser. The only use of Push I've read about that works as you describe is for apps which are yet to be released, not sure how that will be implemented for email.

Got you so just have to pay attention to the Email symbol!

This was posted on MacRumors forum:

We're unable to offer you the Unlimited Text Bolt On to your account, as we don't offer the following chargeable Bolt Ons anymore:
Unlimited anytime texts
Unlimited O2 to O2 calls
Unlimited weekend calls
Unlimited landline calls
200 extra anytime minutes

This is because we're reviewing the bolt-ons we offer to ensure that they reflect how customers are using their mobile phones and their usage in the future.

FFS!! How can anyone who uses their phone cope with those tariffs without bolt ons?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

FFS!! How can anyone who uses their phone cope with those tariffs without bolt ons?

Yeah, I couldn't cope without the unlimited text bolt on, they better not take it off my account!

Ditto.

I need some sort of unlimited/high useage minutes plan, too.

Barge

I'm keeping my current contract, I already have unlimited texts, unlimited internet bolt on and unlimited weekend calls for 26 quid. I'll buy PAYG for 500+ and then upgrade at upgrade time and sell that phone.

Plan, cnuts.

Barge

Do you feel left out, Chris? PM me your number and I'd send you some texts so you felt loved. I'm sure Butter would oblige too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

You must send texts to yourselves all day long, you sad, tech-tard freaks.

:cool:

Dan, that text I sent the other day regarding XFM. It was Series 4, Ep 3. Not Ep 4.

Done.

:) x

Barge

Felt. Feel. I'll clobber you on Sunday. ;)

Ps. It's hard being this popular.

You didn't reply to me last night :dapprove:

Last edited: