ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Barge
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Shut it you big ghey. Although you're more than welcome to buy me some because I'm just so awesome.

Which size/colour you going for?

Pandora or iPhone?

Black FTW and im not sure on size... I dont really use it for music... I just stare at it.

Ill have to take my netbook so I can activate it via itunes in the car :)

Im not waiting til I get home

Barge

Ghey, just rush home. I will be. White, 32GB, Ithankya. Need it for all my moosic, innit. Filled up the iPod Touch the other week, gutted! Had to start culling stuff to get new tuneage on there. Dark days indeed when your 8GB is full.

LOL how many Westlife albums do you need on your iPod though???

Whats the point in rushing home without a compass?

I will get mine first... and then ill video record you buying yours... because I can

Barge

Not if I get there first you 'tard. I'll also avoid the shop you go in and opt for the other one. ;)

Westlife my eye, I don't think I own one song by them. You on the other hand got rejected from one of their tribute bands, no?

I don't need a compass to find my way home from the Metro Centre, it's like my mother ship.

LOL

I did NOT get rejected, I was the lead singer for a few years but had to quit due to me being too good, which also explains why you stalk me... you found out I was in said Westlife tribute band, and you totally love them/me.

Also... I highly doubt you will be avoiding me come Friday... you will be trying to get a glimpse of my boy lines while im asleep in my tent.

Barge

Eff off stalking my FB status, you! I will be going in disguise come next Friday.

/stealth.

It came up on my main FB page saying you had updated... I instantly thought you were talking about me.

Ill look for the Pandora, that will give it away... I doubt you would leave home without it

Revels Mum & Sister

I would LOL if some of you get turned down for Contracts on the credit check ;)

Mine will be PAYG as im just gonna sell my 3G

Will work out cheaper that way as I have 10 months left or something.

Revels Mum & Sister

I am tempted to flog my Blackberry Storm and iPhone 3G and get a 3GS tbh!

Tesla MP3 2021

Right this has probably been covered but I just want clarifiaction. If I was to get the iPhone 3G S 16GB on PAYG would I still will be able to use my current contract.

I think the best option for me would be to sell my current 3G phone which is only a couple months old as I had it replaced via insurance and buy a PAYG 3Gs.

How will this work with my O2 insurance etc...??

Ta

Barge

Already have an O2 contract, been with the nine years innit. I'll stomp my feet if there's problems. :cool:

Revels Mum & Sister

I would LOL hard at the Needster. An old contract and a new connection are different as my sister has found out ;)

Sure you will be reet princess

Adam, thats what im looking at doing... I dont see any problems as its still texts, minutes and internet you pay for.

Ill speak to them on Fritag though when it comes out and see whats occurring.

I dont see any problem with it though.

Audi S1

3G White 16gb iphone is worth around £300 atm

so how much isit for the 3GS - im sure the prices are in here but 45 pages :-|

Revels Mum & Sister

I may buy ALL the 3GS just to spite you Needster and make you dance like a monkey to buy one at an inflated price.

Rav4

There are quite a few bidding on £350 +,

yes, there are a lot of buy it nows, which don't always work.

I sold my last phone on avforums and got good money for it.

Sold my bro's on gumtree and got good money for that too.

Just make sure you get the money before sending it or collection.

I think the 3gs pricing structure will change shortly, I would sell your 3G now and wait a little..... :)

Link?

But are they buy it now prices?, bids are the ones what ppl are prepared to pay

Tesla MP3 2021

Right just been speaking with O2 and this is what I have been told.

You can quite easily get a PAYG handset and use your existing contract (which O2 now have as an option on their website, not sure if you have seen it http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/paymonth.html) but if you have O2 insurance like me then you are fooked lol. They cant change your profile and upgrade the insurance policy to the new 3Gs handset and if you make a claim then the PAYG sim card has to be in the phone at the time of the claim!!!, and they can tell. So for me if I got the PAYG handset I cant use the O2 insurance, so their option 2 at present isn't looking the best option for me.

So then I asked about cancelling my current contract (paying off the remainder of the line rental which is 7 months for me) and starting out a new contract. Basically you would speak to cancellations and say you want to leave, don't start talking about the new iphone or anything and ask them for your PAK code. Once you get your PAK code it is valid for 30 days so on the 19th you can go into an O2 store and start up a new contract on the 3Gs and use you PAK code to retain your existing number. Once the PAK code has been used then you will get a final invoice with your termination charges on your previous contract/account.

What a ball-ache lol

Oh and if you want O2 insurance on your new 3Gs handset then its gone from £7.50 to £10 per month!

Audi S1

I have a tom tom one, which realistically i could get £50 for.. then sell my current 3g 16gb for £350-380... then buy the new 3gs. done

Tesla MP3 2021

Costs for me.

Buy new PAYG
iPhone 3G S 16GB - £440.40
Sell my current 3G - say £300
no new contract
Total - £140.40

Get a new contract
7 months term fee's (£35 tariff)- £245
iPhone 3G S 16GB - 18 month contract - £184.98
Cost - £429.98
Total - £129.98

hmmmm??? lol

Audi S1

Costs for me.

Buy new PAYG
iPhone 3G S 16GB - £440.40
no new contract
Total - £140.40

Get a new contract
7 months term fee's (£35 tariff)- £245
iPhone 3G S 16GB - 18 month contract - £184.98
Cost - £429.98
Total - £129.98

hmmmm??? lol

Personally i would go for the top one... less hastle

Revels Mum & Sister

I would go PAYG option at least then if they release a new iphone this time next year you are ready to roll and can sell the 3GS and have a few pounds in the pocket.

Audi S1

Who wants to buy my 3g 16gb white only had it 1 month n a half... pm me

Tesla MP3 2021

I would go PAYG option at least then if they release a new iphone this time next year you are ready to roll and can sell the 3GS and have a few pounds in the pocket.

Well that's it, you should really plan around next years model. I may just sack it off and just keep the 3G.

I don't really take any phone pics, im not arsed about video recording and the voice control doesn't make me wee my pants so is it really worth it?

I wont decide until I see what bonus I get at the end of the month anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Agreed, best option of the two.

So tempted to sell my 3G and buy a PAYG 3GS but I think the 13" MBP has won the buying war.