ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

OMG THIS ERROR IS SO ANNOYING. MAC TOO.

WOW CAPS MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A BIG BOI

182 RB FF

ANyone got MMS working? I text MMS to 1010 but nothing!

do this mate...

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/settings.html

Here's what you'll need to do:
  1. From the main screen of your iPhone tap Settings > General > Network
  2. Under Cellular Data Network
    • For Pay & Go customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk (Please note that "o2" needs to be written with a letter "o" and not a zero)
    • For Pay Monthly customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter mobile.o2.co.uk (Please note that "o2" needs to be written with a letter "o" and not a zero)
    • You don't need to change your username and password
  3. Ignore the Visual Voicemail APN box - it's not available to Pay & Go customers or Pay Monthly customers (with a non iPhone tariff)
  4. Under MMS
    • For Pay & Go customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk (Please note that o2 needs to be written with a letter o and not a zero)
    • For Pay Monthly customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter wap.o2.co.uk (Please note that o2 needs to be written with a letter o and not a zero)
  5. Turn your iPhone off and on again
  6. If you're a Pay & Go iPhone customer, using your iPhone sim for the first time, you'll need to top up by at least £10.

Mondeo STTDCI

I've managed to send MMS, but was sending to another iPhone and it hasn't worked at their end, they're waiting for a msg back from 1010 too. I didn't send one to 1010, but I got something from them when I originally tried to send an MMS.

Thanks Gem.. ;)

Recaro Black Gold 182

Im giving up for today, everything Apple seems to have died!

Citroen C4 Coupe

Brad182 does that work? The link you've included says its for non iPhone? I'm confused!

Me too. Activation server still unavailable!! Even on OS X, what the frick!!?

1.8 Civic EX

Would it not affect how you are charged? As using wap is more expensive than data, no? :S

If you are on o2 but not on an iPhone tarrif then you have to do it. I've done mine and everything works fine. Don't need to text mms to 1010.

Not sure what's going to happen regards costs though. Will have to see when the nest bill comes out. Will be pissed if it's more than normal as I have the free unlimited web bolt on.

Citroen C4 Coupe

Ahh ok, I get ya. I'm on an iPhone tarrif, so I need to do nothing it seems.

Citroen C4 Coupe

my settings didnt work before to send a mms, and now they dont work with them other settings also.
:S

If you're on an iPhone tariff I think you have to wait for them to send you an MMS to tell you it's all up and running. They did say if you hadn't received it within an hour of the update to send a text saying MMS to 1010. My bf has tried that though and had nothing yet, too many people trying more than likely. I would change back to the original data.o2.co.uk setting if you are on an iPhone tarriff coz I would imagine the cost is going to differ.

If you're on an iPhone tariff I think you have to wait for them to send you an MMS to tell you it's all up and running. They did say if you hadn't received it within an hour of the update to send a text saying MMS to 1010. My bf has tried that though and had nothing yet, too many people trying more than likely. I would change back to the original data.o2.co.uk setting if you are on an iPhone tarriff coz I would imagine the cost is going to differ.
ill give that a try then... thanks.. probly just try n sort it in the morning now though lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Anyone have issues downloading apps since the upate? I keep getting asked to agree to the apple license agreement (iTunes terms and agreements have changed blar blar) but when I click ok and it tries opening the web page it just hangs :S

I've tried restoring but I still have the same problem :(

Last edited:
  340i

did you change any of your setting for mms?

Changed the APN settings...

1. From the main screen of your iPhone tap Settings > General > Network
  2. Under Cellular Data Network
    • For Pay & Go customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk (Please note that "o2" needs to be written with a letter "o" and not a zero)
    • For Pay Monthly customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter mobile.o2.co.uk (Please note that "o2" needs to be written with a letter "o" and not a zero)
  3. Ignore the Visual Voicemail APN box - it's not available to Pay & Go customers or Pay Monthly customers (with a non iPhone tariff)
  4. Under MMS
    • For Pay & Go customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk (Please note that o2 needs to be written with a letter o and not a zero)
    • For Pay Monthly customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter wap.o2.co.uk (Please note that o2 needs to be written with a letter o and not a zero)
  5. Turn your iPhone off and on again
  6. If you're a Pay & Go iPhone customer, using your iPhone sim for the first time, you'll need to top up by at least £10

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I've changed the settings as above, but still fails to send MMS!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Anyone have issues downloading apps since the upate? I keep getting asked to agree to the apple license agreement (iTunes terms and agreements have changed blar blar) but when I click ok and it tries opening the web page it just hangs :S

I've tried restoring but I still have the same problem :(

sorted now :)

Slow red one

This will get lost in the pages and pages of OMGWTFBBQ 3.0!!!11111oneoneoneone eleven stuff, but i thought this was worth posting up.

Its a review (with videos) of the 3g vs. the 3gs its got direct video comparisons illustrating just how much faster at performing actions the 3GS is in comparison to the 3G.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/17/iphone-3g-s-review/
How do you get the battery percentage on the screen like in the vid?

Citroen DS3 DSport

To get the battery percentage indicator you'll need to either jailbreak your iPhone or buy a 3GS which has that option.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Pah, im having problems with push notification.

Roll on tomorrow.

E87 118d M Sport

i cant wait until saturday. hopefully next day delivery means next day delivery. or impending rage! (thats if i can get through lol)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Pah, im having problems with push notification.

Roll on tomorrow.

What problem you having? A particular app?

(Push notification requires that the developer of their app have their own server to push the notifications to the apple cloud, maybe the developers server is getting hit hard with everybody trying it)

E87 118d M Sport

the shottimer app we use at shooting is brokey.
it opens, but the second it starts it goes back to the home screen. 3.0 incompatibility you reakon?

Better than yours. C*nt.

You both preordered, or going to stand in line? Revels, do they have shops out your way?

lol, I have 2 o2's and a CPW.. If they all fail I'm cracking my boat out and going to Apple.

Going to enquire about stock this afternoon and then try to collect in the am.

Barge

A region full of O2's and CPW's. I'll get a mother funker.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What problem you having? A particular app?

(Push notification requires that the developer of their app have their own server to push the notifications to the apple cloud, maybe the developers server is getting hit hard with everybody trying it)

No, due to the way my phone is activated its not working.
As is you tube.

Waiting for the dev team tbh.