ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered my coilovers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk2 172
Its not up to me to say anything. Andy will give you the run down. If not then ill be more than happy to take you out in it or have a look at them at cadwell. Ive just got new tracktyres too and 15" pro race ones to go on with them :) should be a good day!

Its not up to me to say anything. Andy will give you the run down. If not then ill be more than happy to take you out in it or have a look at them at cadwell. Ive just got new tracktyres too and 15" pro race ones to go on with them :) should be a good day!

Sounds good.

Are they for sale to the general public then or are you testing them?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Surely a coil over is a coil over, the only real thing that would make a difference is the way that the car is set up once they are fitted.

Different springs and damper adjustments can be bought/adjusted on any mid range set up, so I cant figure out what is so good about the GDI ones.

Mk2 172

Sounds good.

Are they for sale to the general public then or are you testing them?

No you can call him up and place an order for them to be built :)

Mk2 172
Surely a coil over is a coil over, the only real thing that would make a difference is the way that the car is set up once they are fitted.

Different springs and damper adjustments can be bought/adjusted on any mid range set up, so I cant figure out what is so good about the GDI ones.

Yes and no really. its 50 50 i would of said! not everyone can make coilovers work well on the road and on the track! i was impressed with them when i went out in the gdi car. They work exceptionally well but dont feel like their set in concrete. also you cant take every coilover apart and change what you want. Most are out of the box and thats it!
Another thing is that there are very few coilovers for a 182? i only know of two that are worth lookin at? h&rs and ast! h&r arent adjustable tho!

Mk2 172
They are good on track. im not saying there not but you cant adjust them and change them to how you like. Alot find there a little to soft on the rear but ive never driven on them!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Good luck with it anyway, sounds interesting. Are they complete one offs or is a company making them?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
See I disagree that the H&R's not being good for the Track, I have driven a 172 running H&Rs on track and it was excellant, they had changed the spring rate on the front to allow more turn in and a little more roll, and also had the car laser allingend and set up for a more agrressive feel on track.

Its all about how you set the coilover up, I for one wouldnt go out a spend the undisclosed sum on a set of coilovers which we dont have a huge amount a details about, when I could save a few quid and go for a set up I know and have read alot about.

Mk2 172
See I disagree that the H&R's not being good for the Track, I have driven a 172 running H&Rs on track and it was excellant, they had changed the spring rate on the front to allow more turn in and a little more roll, and also had the car laser allingend and set up for a more agrressive feel on track.

Its all about how you set the coilover up, I for one wouldnt go out a spend the undisclosed sum on a set of coilovers which we dont have a huge amount a details about, when I could save a few quid and go for a set up I know and have read alot about.

I do know about them.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Yeah exactly you know about them, but wont tell others about them. Its all sounding like sales talk,

Give us the details and we can then make our own minds up.

Would be good to know about spring rates, adjustability, twin or mono tube, remote reservoirs etc. who makes them, materials used, warrenty, cost.

Just out of interest Dan who is building the shocks? How many have been sold and what testing has been done?

I would personally feel nervous about fitting something and not being given all the information about specification and build.

Mk2 172
Just out of interest Dan who is building the shocks? How many have been sold and what testing has been done?

I would personally feel nervous about fitting something and not being given all the information about specification and build.

I can see what your saying.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lol, this is like a cryptic crossword, finding out little bits bit by bit.

Has Andy told you not to tell anyone about the details?

I can see what your saying.

You're so agreeable ;) Wheres TheJesus? :D

Seriously though its your money and I hope they work well for you. Would be good if you could post a thread with some pics and more information when you can. Ask Andy for a tech spec and get it posted.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Worst thread ever!

I read it all and i have no idea why this was posted.
Is this another advert?

What Coilovers?
How much?
What makes them different from the current crop of products?
Who makes them?

COME ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.