ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered my coilovers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  megan R26.R number 006
Has GDI used the whiteline rear anti roll bar with this setup?

no they have not and don't touch it with a barge pole if you intend to drive on track for road use its awesome but on track it makes the car so unusable it not a option PS i am selling my white line rarb if any one is interested

megan R26.R number 006
People wont to now why Andy hasn't posted on here just read the last two pages how people can **** these Coilovers off when they haven't ring or spoke to Andy or been out in his car :S some people need to get a live as they are so :boring:
well said that man

People wont to now why Andy hasn't posted on here just read the last two pages how people can **** these Coilovers off when they haven't ring or spoke to Andy or been out in his car :S some people need to get a live as they are so :boring:
well said that man

He passes up all this potential business because he gets slagged off every now and then!? Surely it would be better for him to post and explain things how he wants them explained.

As for the last two pages being :boring:. Re read the first two pages of the thread now that s**t was boring. I thought it took off at about page 4.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I might make my own coilovers, create some hype on here sell em for mega bucks. Heres my prelimanary design.....

pogo_stick.gif

:rasp:

well said that man

He passes up all this potential business because he gets slagged off every now and then!? Surely it would be better for him to post and explain things how he wants them explained..
Don't think I've seen Andy post for over a year now. He's not going to bother now is he.

Unless I'm on track once a week I'm happy with my vanilla choice of H&R's.

you dont need any major laser allignment tools to set up the clio, my ledas have been set up perfectly and they wernt put on any laser tracking machine

Why?

I was interested to hear more but the lack of info bored me and resulted in me buying a set of Bilsteins this week instead.

Business is business whether its a manifold match or an ITB conversion.

What do you mean why? lol. Andy's not posted on here for over a year now, so I hardly think he needs CS to survive. CS contributes to an insignificant percentage of his custom, most of it is track support and prepping race/track cars, so bitter people trying to discredit him on here wont make one iota of difference... not when no one really listens to them. As has been said a thousand times, the people genuinely interested have been invited to come and see for themselves. Better still speak to anyone that went out in another particularly fast Cup and the black 182 at FCS and ask their views ;) One quote I have is: "it feels at least 20bhp up on it" , "it's the best handling Clio I have been in"... also keep your eye out for a magazine report on it next month ;)

Why?

Business is business whether its a manifold match or an ITB conversion.

What do you mean why?

You dont start a business up to survive you start it up to make as much money as possible.

If showing up on a forum for half an hour every few days raises your profile and provides you with some free ;) advertising then the question is why not?

Last time I checked Andy was renting a small unit in the middle of nowhere he is hardly the head of a multinational tuning company is he?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hold on a second.

Regardless of what people claim GDI do tout for business on cs.
Maybe not directly like ben/fred(yoz) but im pretty sure CS generates a decent customer base for GDI.

What do you mean why?

You dont start a business up to survive you start it up to make as much money as possible.

If showing up on a forum for half an hour every few days raises your profile and provides you with some free ;) advertising then the question is why not?

Last time I checked Andy was renting a small unit in the middle of nowhere he is hardly the head of a multinational tuning company is he?

There's only so much work you can take on and like you point out, it's a fairly small unit. That may change though... who knows

Fair enough, if your business relies on CS. Think the point is that he doesn't need to, hence hasn't bothered coming on here to be subjected to the likes of yourself and another select few. Wise move really, he'd only get baited into an argument

Fair enough, if your business relies on CS. Think the point is that he doesn't need to, hence hasn't bothered coming on here to be subjected to the likes of yourself and another select few. Wise move really, he'd only get baited into an argument

The thing is if you are confident in your products and your own knowledge then why bother that I or whoever popup and question a product or a service?

It should be water off a ducks back. So I say there a Leda copy, or question the pricing structure or how you can tell people they can be tuned for a specific tyre etc. etc.

If you can explain why they arent and tell me how much they cost and give a valid reason for any particular claim then I can except it.

My own personal opinion is that Andy feels out of his depth when answering technical questions.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Jon, you are pretty much the voice of GDI on here as it is.

All this vague crap causes issues with reputations, maybe you could make sure full details were posted before things turn in to rubbish like this thread.

It happens with alot of threads on here and ruins the tuning section.
Then you get the usual vocal lot pop in and start mouthing off.

The thing is if you are confident in your products and your own knowledge then why bother that I or whoever popup and question a product or a service?

It should be water off a ducks back. So I say there a Leda copy, or question the pricing structure or how you can tell people they can be tuned for a specific tyre etc. etc.

If you can explain why they arent and tell me how much they cost and give a valid reason for any particular claim then I can except it.

My own personal opinion is that Andy feels out of his depth when answering technical questions.

I think the point here though Marky Mark, is that arguing with "special" people such as yourself is a fruitless exercise. Using the Leda example you have already been told this is not the case, yet continue to repeat yourself on it. The question here then, is had Ben been the one bringing these out and told you that they were not Leda you would have had no problem with that. It's only because it's Andy that you insist on carrying it on. Go on, tell me I'm wrong ;)

Bottom line is that you wont accept anything he tells you, just like I wont with Ben, only difference being that Ben is a pathalogical liar (sorry Ben, but you are, I've caught you out enough times over the most pointless and bullshit of situations where you felt you needed to lie... why I have no idea)

Tom - I didn't creat the thread mate and it's upto Andy or someone else to disclose the technical data. He doesn't want all of it posting up for whatever reason, so I respect that. There have however been enough details and any doubts that people may have are being proved as just that... mere doubts. He's invited people to various tracks and "they" are given the details in person when genuine interest is posted. Hence the reason Dan went for a set as well as several other people at FCS that went out in it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im not doubting the product, i have no reason to. If dan had posted the basic information first instead of trying to hype it up then it would have been better.

But surely all this weird anti gdi/YS/Aw stuff is just childish?
Cant you all just get along?

Its all quite boring, stay out of each others threads and post up decent details.

172, Tiguan
I'm not allowing this to go on any longer, its going round and round.... What gets me is its the usual lot argueing again over the same subject.

Ill lock this now, but give it a week, somebody else will mention something and it'll all start back up again. Fun and games!

Status
Not open for further replies.