ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-Orange Track car

RenaultSport 172
Thought It was about time I got a project diary on the go as I've had the car 3 months now.

So quick bit of info when I bought it.

the car came with nearly 12 months MOT 5 months 92k with the head being rebuilt at around 70k having all belts, mounts and fluids changed.

When I first bought it.

498f_1.jpg

Quick list of whats been fitted.

* Brembo HC discs
* Ferodo DS500 pads
* Ktec Braided line kit
* Team Dynamics 15" pro race 1.2's in orange
* Toyo T1R's 195/50/15
* OMP Towing Eye
* Pipercross Induction trumpets x2
* H&R coilover Suspension
* SRS 4 point harnesses
* Corbeau Forza fixed seats
* Pro-Speed De-Cat
Future mods

* OMP full cage (painted Orange of course)
* Pro-Speed Catback exhaust
* Matched Inlets
* Cams (unsure what as of yet)
* Remap
* Carbon Fibre Door Cards
* PH2 Side Strips and bullets
* Front bumper re-sprayed

So I'll start at the beginning.
Rear wiper motor and wiper removed this weighed 4kg's!!!!
pqpd5.jpg

Boot has been stripped of spare wheel, tools/jack, carpets and parcel shelf and i've saved roughly 40kgs!!
pqpd6.jpg

Every thing that has been taking off this car has been weighed on a weighing scales that I pinched from work, it weights in KG's too which is cool.

Anyway today and yesterday was spent changing the suspension from the s**tty Apex springs to some H&R Coilovers.

pqpd.jpg

This is the first time i've ever attempted anything like this and I have very little mechanical knowledge, so i'm quite pleased with myself for doing this and not paying for some one else to do it.

New wheels!!
pqpd1.jpg

RenaultSport 172
Stripped the rear today

strippedoutrearph-quick.jpg

Tyre's finally arrived

cliops-1.jpg

But the interior looks like this.

pd6.jpg

I sold the interior last night for £310 so thats a bit more for me to spend on it.

New brakes are on

before

pd3.jpg

after

pd1.jpg

Sadly no fitted pics as i'm too lazy!
Anyway that lot and some 5.1 fluid and the brakes are pretty amazing!!

RenaultSport 172
Been tidying the car up for a while now so atacked the inlet manifold the other day

before

pd4.jpg

after

pd5.jpg

looks s**t close up but looks better than the flaking mess that it was.

Right then reason my car is still empty car atm is because I am still waiting for a frame for my driver seat I ordered the lot from Demon Tweeks and once I had waited 4 weeks they all turned up and the frames were the wrong ones so I sent everything back planning to go to Peter Lloyd Rally and buy my seats and frames from them. But my seats turned up "damaged" to Demon Tweeks so I've had them back and im currently waiting for a frame from halfords.

RenaultSport 172
Seats and harnesses finally turned up and were promptly fitted

Untitled-1-2.jpg

And a teaser pic of some paint I bought. :)

paint11.jpg

RenaultSport 172
Had new stickers made up to complement the new colour scheme, I got them from Ebay but I'm sure the guy is on here big thanks to him for doing them anyway

Side skirt Sticker also have a small one of these on the bonnet.

newsig.jpg

orangestickers.jpg

wheel11scopy.jpg

wheelscopy.jpg

More photo's will be up Sunday night, as i'm having a small photoshoot as I need some new banners for my forum. :)

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Be annoyed if I said it looked much better here?

cliops-1.jpg

Although I can understand the bright colours for standing out on track

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
really like it mate, good write up too! orange is the way forward :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
looks good fella :)

are you planning on takin all the sound deading out? as that roughly weighs about 4-5kg's ish

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Really nice.
Will this be track only?
Might see you about in the Bigend, Il be in my stealthy Pruple 2lt with drum's

"N8 OLR"

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looks very tidy, do prefer it in the black scheme my self but if its going to track its nice to stand out, keep up the good work ;)

James

Clio RS 197
You deserve the reward mate of good laptimes when you go out on the track, because you have worked hard on that car. looks nice mate. Good job!!

RenaultSport 172
looks good fella :)

are you planning on takin all the sound deading out? as that roughly weighs about 4-5kg's ish

Yep thats one of the next jobs hoping to get a cage towards the end of September, once i've got that all the sound deadning and any spare metal will be taken out and the whole interior will sprayed and the cage fitted. :)

Really nice.
Will this be track only?
Might see you about in the Bigend, Il be in my stealthy Pruple 2lt with drum's

"N8 OLR"

It's kind of both at the minute I use it for work etc but i'm usually out once of twice a week round bridgend. :)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
passed you today in northampton i think i was in my mates rs focus coming back from ford fair looks wikid with the orange rims

RenaultSport 172
Bit of an update.

Those of you going to the Combe summer action day on the 5th september will no doubt see this little beast around, as I have quite a few sessions booked.

And with K-tec offering the cambelt and cams package I thought i'd take advantage of the brilliant price.

So i'm booked in for

Cambelt/aux belt service
428's
matched inlets
remap
recessed exhaust.

This is booked in for the 7th.

Lots of pictures to follow. :)

197 ff albi
Bit of an update.

Those of you going to the Combe summer action day on the 5th september will no doubt see this little beast around, as I have quite a few sessions booked.

And with K-tec offering the cambelt and cams package I thought i'd take advantage of the brilliant price.

So i'm booked in for

Cambelt/aux belt service
428's
matched inlets
remap
recessed exhaust.

This is booked in for the 7th.

Lots of pictures to follow. :)

You never told me this :O AWESOME!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice list of jobs there for them to do - i hope you notice an improvement!!

RenaultSport 172
You never told me this :O AWESOME!

Thats cause your phone has gone missing!!!

nice list of jobs there for them to do - i hope you notice an improvement!!

I've got a little feeling that the timing may be out, so i'm hoping for a BIG difference. Plus my current exhaust is a 2" bore?!? (the previous owner had it fitted) So the K-tec item should give me a little gain too.:)

Also slight update...

Some of you may of seen my thread about my immobiliser arming and not alowing me to start the car from time to time. Well I called the local auto electrician for took my ECU away unlocked it and charged me £250 and now the Orange starts first time everytime :D

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172
any updates on this on yet matey?

Well apart from my many sessions at combe, no.

I had to move the date for my trip to Ktec to monday (14th).

Only thing that I'm now looking into is a stiffer suspension setup, I found the H&R's very bouncy on track.