ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-Orange Track car

RenaultSport 172
Update!!

Well all the sound deadning is out!!

I had planned to scrub all the excess glue out today, but couldn't be arsed if I'm honest.

Pic's

59afd587.jpg

e95b6575.jpg

079bc30d.jpg

bc3f2649.jpg

Also removed the dash top to get at some wires, and some more sound deadning

e0f25a88.jpg

This is what I've managed to remove in the past few days!! (wheel used for size indication)

9938e1ae.jpg

Hopefully I'll scrub the glue tomorrow and then start prepping for paint Friday.

Comments welcome.

Clio 1.2
that looks like fun beef! the link on sw-msc to the video of the guy removing it with that air line make it look easy lol!

RenaultSport 172
that looks like fun beef! the link on sw-msc to the video of the guy removing it with that air line make it look easy lol!

Cheers Henry.

How much does the stuff removed weigh?

Not weighed it yet but the box on the left is very heavy, at a guess around 10-15kgs the other box is probably around 4-5KGs

I've removed anything and everything that I dont need. E.G Rear wiper wire's, rear washer pipe, most of the brackets for the rear seats and the ariel wiring.

Looking to get rid of the cd player loom soon, along with the speaker wire's. :)

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172
Update!

Just had this photo sent to me by a friend who is sorting out the Powder coating for me.

bb4c3307.jpg

Excited isn't the word!!

RenaultSport 172
No idea lol. My friend came to me with 2 samples and I picked the one that most suited my wheels. :)

I think the orange on the wheels is a fiat colour? Can't remember though.

RenaultSport 172
Why not? Orange FTW!!!

I can say I started the Orange cage trend on cs then!!
That'll give me legendry status! ;)

Qashcow
hah, we'll see. im so skint at the moment. im going to be rocking up at coombe next weekend with a rusty cage and burnt interior, its that new trat look, half rat, half track ;)

RenaultSport 172
Update!

Got started on the glue left by the sound deadning today.

After all the suggestions on here I used thinners, came off a treat! Alot easier than I thought it was going to be.

Some pics

5fb753b1.jpg

653d9e60.jpg

33c74e8c.jpg

Then I decided to get on with the big patch on the roof, took me about 30mins and I'm prob 1/4 though it! will finish it tomorrow. :)

Also bought myself a little present with Combe next week.

995aeadf.jpg

Hopefully will start painting tomorrow!

RenaultSport 172
Update!

Painted!!, well the rear half of the car.

Will sort the front out in a few days.

Anyway I'm quite happy with the finish, not perfect but it'll do.

Pics

Prepping

d892e6ab.jpg

5e030792.jpg

Tools (didn't last long at all!!)

2360a8e2.jpg

Base coat

fb08b8d3.jpg

52d6bddd.jpg

ac2cf45c.jpg

Top coat

83c7f95c.jpg

6068b2b4.jpg

ac2fcb2a.jpg

Like I said it's not the best job, but the rear is all one colour and looks a hell of a lot better than the mess it was!

Comments welcome. :)

CLIO PH1 172
very nice looks much better, i need to do this to mine soon and am going to use same method you have with a couple of rattle cans, did u mask any of the out side up in case of overspray or was it ok ?? - did you just spray it up out side??

doesnt look that bad for cans either mate

RenaultSport 172
I masked up the windows, removed all the door seals, removed all the wiring from the back and thats pretty much it!

Don't get me wrong I'm not going to win awards for the paint job, but it's a track car..
It just helps clean it up a bit. :)

RenaultSport 172
Opps Havent updated this for a while..

Managed to get the Front half of the interior painted before the action day at Combe and also managed to get my cage in.

Front Floor in primer

0bd7a10f.jpg

db7f3521.jpg

50/50

ca726323.jpg

Pic of the cage and everything back in the car.

241ed413.jpg

So I had 3 sessions at Combe the first session wasn't too great had a guy in front of me in a Fiesta who would not move over and was blocking me when trying overtake.
By the time I got past I think I had 2 open laps then end of session.

2nd session was alot better, my friend was on the same session in his EP3 Type R. Once we got past the first group of cars had a fair few laps just on our own, and he could not keep up. :D

3rd session was another good session overtook a few cars including a Range Rover?! LOL.

Pics

31113_392394252126_626912126_444506.gif

24412_1438035951915_1263481647_1-1.jpg

28319_1444084743131_1263481647_1-1.jpg

28319_1444084783132_1263481647_1-1.jpg

28319_1444087463199_1263481647_1-1.jpg

Came in and noticed the car idling at around 2k so thought Great the throttle body is nackered again.

Bought Russ_16v throttle body from him, fitted it and no difference so after a few conversations on here decided to buy a new ICV which solved the problem. :)

Then after seeing Gray's thread about him painting his Cam cover and inlet manifold I decided to give it a bash too.

Whilst the inlet was off I thought I'd change the spark plugs and the Ignition leads.

I decided on the KTR Iridium spark plugs and the Magnecor red 8.5mm ignition leads.

a2f4b5ad.jpg

Just to give you an idea, this is what the inlet looked like before.

cage2.jpg

This is it with Nitromoors painted over it to remove the paint

420e9f8d.jpg

I then removed the engine mount and sprayed that separately to the cam cover.

My rigged up spray booth

77bf835b.jpg

With the inlet removed and being painted I decided to get all new gaskets and even bought a new oil cap.

e0521940.jpg

Painted engine mount fitted with new oil cap

374cf87d.jpg

And here's the inlet fitted and painted too

6daf1cfd.jpg

The fuel rail guard is in the Garage drying ATM pics will be up once its fitted.

Comments welcome. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Love the new engine colour. I want to do the same to my engine at some point :)

What paint did you use for the engine?

RenaultSport 172
I just used the VHT Halfords paint - Metalic black. Looks more anthracite/Charcole which I prefer. :)

RenaultSport 172
Small Update

Fitted my fuel rail cover and my TRS tow strap that I've had for ages

b531a968.jpg

606cf689.jpg

Plans are to just enjoy the car for now, I'm sure a few updates will still come along but I'm looking into ITB's for the winter. :cool::evil:

Comments welcome.

RenaultSport 172
UPDATE

TBH not alot has happened with the car over the past couple of months!

Car broke down on the way to FCS I thought I'd fixed it so drove back up, done my first session at Rockingham which was horrid, idiots everywhere!

came back in and it was obvious that the car was still not 100% so my other track times were left and I limped the car home.

Once I got the car home it became apparent that one of the new Magnecor HT leads were faulty, so that was replaced.

Since then I'd lost all love for the Clio and even put it up for sale!
With not alot of interest I noticed that Daniel was looking to swap his F1's for some other wheels, With my wheels being orange I gave him a less than hopeful pm seeing if he was interested in a swap.

To my surprise he was! My thoughts behind this were that I was thinking of breaking the car and thought I'd get more Money for the F1s in silver rather than a set of orange wheels.

Anyway after swapping with Daniel the car looking rather odd with the mirrors,bullets,diamond and trumpets painted orange. So I set about with some rattle cans painted the mirrors silver, trumpets black and the bullets anthracite.

Now I'm not really sure why now but I'm now loving the car again!

So today I gave it, it's first clay,polish,wax since buying her 18 months ago.

Pic's

fc6.jpg

fce1.jpg

fce5.jpg

fce.jpg

fdgdfg.jpg

fcw2.jpg

fce8.jpg

Also swapped my orange track stickers for some anthracite ones (Looking to replace the Llandow one as it looks s**t next to the others)

fce4.jpg

I've also bought some goodies for her that I'm waiting for..

Centre caps for the F1's
4 x Yoko Parada spec 2's (Hate the T1R's and they're also not the best on track)
Clear indicator bulbs
"New Style" Renault sport badge

Comments welcome.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Looks like a really good freshening up mate with the new bits, maybe thats why you've started liking it again

I'll be keeping an eye out for that cage if you do sell up :)

RenaultSport 172
Cheers mate, Yeah I think thats why I've found the love again! Got a few sessions booked at Trax then a few at Castle Combe a week later than hoping to do a day at Pembrey October time.

Not sure what to do now, really want a R26 but also want to keep this too! Decisions!