ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-Orange Track car

Meg 230 R26 F1
K-tec offering the cambelt and cams package I thought i'd take advantage of the brilliant price.

So i'm booked in for

Cambelt/aux belt service
428's
matched inlets
remap
recessed exhaust.

:)

Do you mind saying how much this set you back please mate?

RenaultSport 172
UPDATE
The clio passed it's MOT teh other day.
Only advisory's being Front wheel bearings and a track rod end all of which are being done tomorrow.

Obviously with the MOT coming up I changed a few bits to get her ready.

So up first was the rear exhaust hanger. Basically when K-tec fitted my exhaust the mount was shagged so rather tell me and replace it they used metal tie wraps to hold it in place. So of course when I booted it they snapped and the exhaust dropped a good 5-6cm from where it should be.

Before
nm9.jpg

New Mount
nm1.jpg

I'm having a de-cat fitted Friday so I'll be getting Charlie to fiddle with it cause it's still not sat right.

Up next was the rear brakes they where f**ked and so was the driver side caliper.

So they were all fitted along with my rear braided lines.

nm4.jpg

nm12.jpg

Up next then was the tyre's.

nm2.jpg

nm3.jpg

The Toyo's are practically brand new but are awful in the wet. So I had a look on various sites and read a few reviews and decided to go with the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's (PE2s)
Haven't had them on long but there's definitely better traction in the wet so far. :)

Also managed to get myself some cheap wheels from Warren to get a set of R888's on too.

nm6.jpg

nm7.jpg

They are Team Dynamic wheels unsure if the model but they weight the same as the Pro Race 1.2s on the car ATM.

Also got myself a Mocal 13 row oil cooler

nm5.jpg

Also when I fit that little beauty I've got my self some Silkolene PRO S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Oil.

nm8.jpg

Also bought myself a new V6 airbox from Renault. I've also ordered a 45 Degree silicone bend and a 100mm cold air feed.

nm11.jpg

Also got myself a KTR airfilter to go in the box :)

nm10.jpg

The battery is going to be moved to the boot so that will be the next job.

Any info on the above subject would be appricated. I know roughly what to do but don't really know what cables etc I need

And last but not least, Since she passed her MOT Thursday I decided to give her, her first bath in 3 months!!

nm13.jpg

Enjoy Comments welcome.

172 Race Car
Better place to put it for wire length and weight distribution and yea id have a non spillable one if going inside the car

RenaultSport 172
Update!!

I have been planning to get a new suspension setup after christmas, as although I'm happy with the H&R/AST combo but i've never been happy with the lack of adjustability of it.

So plans were to buy the KW V2 kit, but a set of LEDA's popped up for sale on here for a good price so thought i'd give them a go.
I've not actually had them yet D4VE is removing them this weekend if everything goes to plan.

ledas.jpg

Also on the way for the Front suspension setup are a pair of AST solid top mounts.

ast-clio-mk2-top-mounts.jpg

Looking to add a rear ARB soon so I should be happy with the set up then.

I've already sold the H&R's so this is where the 172 is living ATM.

gg3.jpg

And a pic of the H&R's after being removed and cleaned up. :)

gg7.jpg

Thanks to Wolze for lending me his Impact gun. :D

With the sale of my H&R's and a nice 10% discount for YB Racing I ordered myself a OMP Bolt in cage this morning so that should turn up soon. Should be fitted in the next few weeks then removed and powder coated. :)

Also bought myself one of Burp's race battery's which when I get back on the road i'll be taking the trip to BurpSpeed HQ to have it fitted. :)

Comments welcome.

Megane 225
Cars looking great mate, always liked the orange on silver look. How much was the v6 airbox if you dont mind me asking?

RenaultSport 172
Cheers mate, should be a good update soon. :)

V6 Airbox was around £60 direct from Renault. P/N 7700 260 096

RenaultSport 172
Update!

Been a while since I updated this!

Right well My LEDA's arrived from D4VE as they were 182 cup fitment, D4VE also though in a pair of cup hubs.

So to get these fitted I bought a few bits to freshen everything up

* New wheel bearings
* New lower Arms
* New abs sensors

Sorry there's no picture's but I was too busy buillding everything back together and forgot about pic's.:eek:

so with the suspension off I decided to buy solid top mounts, and fit them at the same time. :)

Fitted

cage2.jpg

I also ordered a OMP bolt in cage, so once the suspension was back together I took the car and cage to Charlie @ Pro-Speed.

Originally he was only meant to have the car for a few days but he had staff off sick, plus the guy he paid to do it (An ex P-S employee) messed him about he finally decided to do it himself.

I'm very happy with cage and because he took so long he only charged me £100 to fit it!

Pic's

cage1.jpg

cage3.jpg

Most will already know this, but last Thursday Chris (Clvs222222) Organised a track day @ Llandow. Now with only living around 10mins from the track and plus the fact it was a bargain £50 I decided to attend it.

So with the track day in mind last Sunday I bled and replaced the brake fluid, I also gave her a new oil filter and oil change.

Here's a few pic's of thursday action

ll3-1.jpg

ll2-1.jpg

ll1-1.jpg

DSC05215-2.png

Now this brings me to today.

Plan was today to remove the cage and get it out for powder coating.

I got as far as removing the seats removing all the bolts and then scratching my head as I still couldn't get the front half of the cage to separate from the rear half.

So i'm going to try again with a few mates for
inspiration, and if I still can't get it out I'll just paint it in the car.

Comments welcome. :)

Last edited:

JB

RB 182 Cup
Looks brilliant with the orange! How was Llandow? I'm there this friday.

Did you secure both shoulder straps of each 4 point harness to one 'regular' sized eye bolt or was it enlarged?

EDIT: Just tried mine in the one eye bolt and it fits - so simple yet why didn't I think of it! Thanks :cool:

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172
I love Llandow it's a fantasic, little and technical track.
I may pop down Friday, take some photo's.

Yep both straps are secured to one regular sized eyelet :)

535d / t5 caravelle
love that car mate, sorry to say, but when i get a ph1, i want it to look like yours lol

JB

RB 182 Cup
I love Llandow it's a fantasic, little and technical track.
I may pop down Friday, take some photo's.

Yep both straps are secured to one regular sized eyelet :)
No excuse really if you're only 10 mins away! Is this car track exclusive then or do you have to use it daily?

172 Race Car
Llandow looks like it was a fn day.

Btw, Your door bars are way too high. Iirc they are supposed to be cut to length before welding on

RenaultSport 172
Update!

Before I start, big big thanks to Wolze for coming over to help me on a bank holiday! :D

So I left you a picture of my rollcage firmly wedged in the clio, with images of me having to paint it inside the car!

Well within half hour of Wolze being here we have it out!!

1302d677.jpg

Note my new seat. :cool:

Plan today was to get all the sound deadning out, but after switching the heat gun on I relised that Sophie's hair dryer is hotter! So I'm waitingf for Jackman to get back from france and get him to steal me a better one. :)

Also asked wolze about getting the rear seat brackets out. He then took a hammer and screwdriver to the first one, and I finished the other 3.

337ecd13.jpg

e46041aa.jpg

More updates soon!

RenaultSport 172
Update!

Started on the sound deadning tonight when I got in from work.

67735b69.jpg

886e0528.jpg

Only done the rear so far will crack on with the front on Friday.

Any ideas what to use to get rid of the excess glue?

Comments welcome. :)