ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-Orange Track car

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Well apart from my many sessions at combe, no.

I had to move the date for my trip to Ktec to monday (14th).

Only thing that I'm now looking into is a stiffer suspension setup, I found the H&R's very bouncy on track.

ooh i didn't wanna hear that about the h&r's! looking to get some myself.

how did they feel overall?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Saw the car at combe looked good!

How'd it go?

Although think I need to change wheel colour too many orange now :eek:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks wicked although from the ph-orange I expected the whole car to be orange ;)

RenaultSport 172
ooh i didn't wanna hear that about the h&r's! looking to get some myself.

how did they feel overall?

^ i think burp take on the H&R's went along the lines of 'suicidal and dangerous' eek

^^^

This pretty much sums it up. Very soft and alot of bodyroll, and the back end seemed very skittish, not sure if thats due to having no weight in the back but it just didn't feel right?!

I'll be replacing the rear springs with the AST's that came with mine, I've got a trackday at Llandow on the 3rd October so i'm hoping they'll make a difference. If not I'll be ditching the H&Rs and saving for some AST's

Saw the car at combe looked good!

How'd it go?

Although think I need to change wheel colour too many orange now :eek:

Cheers dude. Orange is where it's at. ;)

RenaultSport 172
Update!

Right been a while since I updated this.

14th September

I took a nice 3hr drive to K-Tec to have the following fitted

*Cambelt and Aux belt change
*Matched inlet's fitted
*2.5inch recessed exhaust
*Catcam 428 camshafts
*Remap

Also While I was up there I had a new throttlebody fitted to fix my idling problem.

Hell of a difference after having all this fitted, I have all ready managed to embarrass a few bigger more powerful cars!

Also fitted the rear AST springs that came with my car.

Few Pics

AST Vs H&R

pd1-1.jpg

New Exhaust and Tailpipe

pd2-1.jpg

pd3-1.jpg

Alot happier with the AST's on the rear the car feels alot steadier now.

RenaultSport 172
Update!!

Right attended my last track day of the year at Llandow, last weekend.
Had an awesome 2 sessions and was really looking forward to the afternoon sessions, but due to some c**k pissing oil everywhere the track was closed and the fact it was pissing down most of the day didn't help either.

Here's some picture's if you haven't already seen them.

ll11.jpg

ll10.jpg

ll9.jpg

Anyway seeing as this was the last of the track action the car would see till next year I've decided to give it a bit of a clean up and a service.

So I whipped off the front bumper, wing mirror caps, Side strips and badges and had them all painted.

Everything came back last night and everything is perfect, except for the sidestrips which were painted orange instead of silver. Not to worry though I should be having them back monday. Also got a orange "Castle Combe" sticker made up!

Few Pic's

bp1.jpg

bp4.jpg

bp6.jpg

As you can see in the first picture I've had some holes cut out of the bumper for when Ifinally buy and fit an oil cooler.

Also decided to buy new plates as the currents are disgusting and chavtastic, they came with the car BTW.

Old Vs New Plates

bp2.jpg

bp3.jpg

And Fitted

bp5.jpg

Much Better! :)

Also fitted some new wipers and have ordered alot of Service items ready for a service in the next week or so.

Comments welcome :)

RenaultSport 172
What do you think of the car with those springs on? did you notice the difference?

Like chalk and cheese.

I was really dissapointed at Castle Combe the car was really sloppy going though corners plus I had 28psi in the rear tyres. There is now 26psi not sure how much of a difference 2psi makes but this and the AST's have made it 100% better.

The car drove very well at Llandow and even though it was very wet I managed to Lap a Corrado VR6 and virually overtake everything on track!!

But like I said it was very wet so most were babying it round the track. :evil:

How about calipers??

Did think about this, not sure ATM may just paint them black. I've got a brand new rear calliper that i'm going to be fitting when I order some discs and pads, so will prob paint them then.

Schrick´d 182
Yep same location with the H&R platform

Pic.

lovelyjubbly037.jpg

I used T1R's Won't be using them again will be buying some 888's for dry and still looking in to wet tyre's possibly PE2's or some Verdsteins

Is the car lower with the AST Springs?

RenaultSport 172
Update!!

Had the car RR'D at GotBoost on Sunday and pulled 183BHP

Very happy with this, the car has the following mods

*Matched Inlets
*CatCams 428's
*K-Tec Exhaust
*Remap

The car still has a cat on and a s**tty pipercross filter so with these gone and a decent map I'm hoping I can hit my Target of 190BHP

Some Pics

RR2.jpg

RR1.jpg

Comments Welcome
:D

Argh...with so many PH1 project threads popping up at the moment it makes me sad that I'm having to save to get another one.:( Anyone fancy monthly payments on a private sale?;)

Car looks great mate and is going along the route I want to go with mine when I get it so I might be firing a couple of questions your way in the future - will have to pick a colour other than orange though.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i just love this car. i know i've said it before but the orange suits it so well!

nice figure on the rollers too :)

Ph 1 172
where abouts did you get the ducting for the fog lights? are they colling the brakes or air filter? was wondering weather or not to paint my wing mirrors as my badges are lime green and i wanted to go the exact route you have looks mental

RenaultSport 172
where abouts did you get the ducting for the fog lights? are they colling the brakes or air filter? was wondering weather or not to paint my wing mirrors as my badges are lime green and i wanted to go the exact route you have looks mental

They are just Pipercross Cold Air Feeds I got them from ebay.
As of yet they are just to look good, maybe they cool the brakes a little but I haven't set up any ducting or air deflectors for the brakes.

Cheers for the kind comments all. :)