ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 track shed

CLIO PH1 172
looking good can i ask how do the doors lock shut? and open? also what colour are the wheels going to be !?

Zetec s
I know its been a bit slow lately just waitin on parts atm, every1 seems to be skint all at the same time, Not much to do now should be out soon.

I will check and double check the lines as brakes are the one thing i don't want to fail

Zetec s
looking good can i ask how do the doors lock shut? and open? also what colour are the wheels going to be !?

I have left the original locks in the doors if you look they are the bits sticking out, you open them by pulling on the wire for now but going to sort this out when the big stuff is finished.

Yup kev is still banned, wat a clown

CLIO PH1 172
I have left the original locks in the doors if you look they are the bits sticking out, you open them by pulling on the wire for now but going to sort this out when the big stuff is finished.

Yup kev is still banned, wat a clown

ahh ok cool thanks i didnt notice it first time looking they look good are you going to put some sort of doorcard on or just leave the doors like that ??

172 5HED
Nah, not been banned for about a week now, CBA posting on here much now after that. Will update this thread as and when though!

Zetec s
Few quick updates,

Paint arrived so i've cracked on with painting the wheels, just need to get the 888's fitted and ballanced now.

Made a strut brace for the rear which i'm quite pleased with.
(Don't know whether its best to put harnesses to this or bolt to the floor though so expert opinions please)

And fitted the aeroflush catches to the bonnet which i am well chuffed with because i never thought i'd get them to fit and work first time lol.

anyway pics

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

DSC02374.jpg

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

Presume the rear strutbrace will be bolted to the side of the strut towers? Without strengthening the towers it wouldn't be very safe. Are you having a cage? if not then mount harneses to the original rear seatbelt anchors.

Sore Subject
The wheels look sooo much better in the flesh, proper cool colour!!! only a little bit bright!!:approve:

172 5HED
if not then mount harneses to the original rear seatbelt anchors.

As I said!

I've not seen how the strut brace will mount?

We were supposed to be getting this great cage for next to nothing of a friend of Ashs family, as yet its not materialised and heard f**k all about it!

Zetec s
Yeah the strut brace will be bolted to the towers,

Tbh placed the harnesses in this afternoon an they look a bit sh1t going back to the strut brace so think they will be going to the rear seat belt anchor points.

172 5HED
Ticking along..... wheels are on now with the 888s we're just looking for a cheap track day now to run it out!!

Cage never happened in the end, f***s me off people who say they'll do something and dont!

Sore Subject
Finishin touches bein made tomorrow, Rear polycarb and a good clean then it should be ready for its first outing :)

Sore Subject
Wheres its first trackday? Or do you mean its first outing on the road?

Cant take it on the road mate... is a cat D and we would rather put money in to improving the performance instead of messing around with insurance mots and all that rubbish!!!

RIGHT.... on to the good stuff... UPDATE TIME!!!

All the Air con pipes and blower have been removed along with the heater blower and all its relative wiring. We have had to leave the pump on as we dont have a replacement to fully remove, but there was still a lot of weight lost from just that!!!

We recieved a nice bendy and light sheet of polycarb, ready for us to fabriacte the rear window out of...
lining it all up:
P1000346.gif

P1000346.gif

P1000355.gif

P1000356.gif

All done... we had to use bolts to hold the poly in due to it not being moulded for a window and just being a sheet it kept pulling itself straight!
Ali and I are most pleased with it with the sense of acheevement with having made it from scratch!!:)

Wheels with a dull shade of graffiti green paint and wrapped in r888's...

P1000351.gif

P1000348.gif

P1000349.gif

We are complete now.. i think that Trax could be a possibility for her to be on the track, as Ali has admited he would rather take this down than his baby...(fiesta zetec s on carbs) :eek::eek::eek:. All 3 of us are itching to get her on track now it is getting unbearable!!!

172 5HED
Top effort lads I never even knew you were working on it today!!

I know it isnt some gucci poorboys waxed up s**t (would be more popular if it was) but it'll work well. Lets get it booked at Oulton in Aug!!:cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
This is very ghetto, please dont crash it as I think it will just fold lol :) Looks awesome tho

Sore Subject
Nice work guys, do you know what the kerb weight is of her now?

No not yet... i will be ringing around today to see if one of there is any locally to us and see if we can get it on somewhere...

She really isnt heavy at all, with one of us in it steering, it only takes one person leaning on it to move :-D

We are good aint we lid!! we dont want no posh s**t do we, she is to serve perpous.... to be CHEAP, LIGHT AND FAST!! oh yeah... and to have a laugh during the process!!!! :-D

TrackCar & F30 330d
Its basically at the stage my car was just before i got my cage in, a cage makes a pretty big difference to the cars twisting and i was quite shocked as to how different the car felt with the cage in.

So at some point try get one as it will obviously save you if you roll and make the car feel pretty good to drive

Great effort up to now :)

172 5HED
Its basically at the stage my car was just before i got my cage in, a cage makes a pretty big difference to the cars twisting and i was quite shocked as to how different the car felt with the cage in.

So at some point try get one as it will obviously save you if you roll and make the car feel pretty good to drive

Great effort up to now :)

Ta mate, we were meant to be getting one..... bit of a sore subject ;)

Sore Subject
Ta mate, we were meant to be getting one..... bit of a sore subject ;)

Yeah we sort of dont talk about that one......

Chrispy.clio.............. do you know how heavy yours was before you put a cage in? just so we can get a general idea of what weight we are loking at?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well mine is a 182, but mine was 900kg before the cage, i then put 36kg of cage in and have now taken out 40kg of tar, blowers, brackets, dash so my car looks like.

IMG_4269.jpg

So it now weights around 895kg with the cage + 1 bucket seat + 1 harness + 1 steering wheel :)

I had it weighed quite a while ago and have weighted every part i have removed and therefor subtracted that from the weight i had. So thats how i know its around 895kg give or take a few kg

Zetec s
This is very ghetto, please dont crash it as I think it will just fold lol :) Looks awesome tho

Nothing on the car is unsafe, i've made sure of this lol. But yeah i know what you mean theres not a lot to keep it rigid. I'll just let ash or kev crash it :rasp:

How much does this little beast owe you then guys?

I recon about 1k - 1.5k including the purchase of the car. Cheap and cheerful ;)

It've jsut had a look at everything you've taken out, yours i probably 850kg

Cheers mate, i want to get it weighed and then rolling roaded to try and get a power to weight figure for boasting in the pub lol.

Sore Subject
It've jsut had a look at everything you've taken out, yours i probably 850kg

SUPERB!!! That is bloody light!

We have only taken out the flimsy sheet metal, none of the strengthening bars or anything like that have been removed, we were going to thought after the cage was built.... but what can we say hey!!!!!!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Perhaps mine is a little lighter then as i dont have to many more parts than your race car.

Just the AC pump and i dont have a shel that has cheese holes in.....yet! :)

I will have to get mine weighed. Might get it done this weekend at silverstone if i can fit it in :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
You will have headlights, handbrake, loads more wiring, an extra seat etc

I have head light shells like you for the track so if i bin it i dont smash my xeons, i dont actually have a handbrake at the moment and never use it when parked because of the rear brake binding all the time, i have trimmed out 2 bags of wiring but yes i do have another bucket seat.

Yours will allway be lighter hands down, but mine wont be far behind

172 5HED
Little update...

All the aircon gubbins has been removed bar the pully to save more weight, we will eventualy do it properly but in keeping with the ghetto fix theme it was another free mod!