ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 track shed

Zetec s
Couple of little updates, Removed battery and relocated ecu. Run a power cable through the car and put the battery in a box in the boot. I also repositioned the airbox to eliminate the 90 degree bend, but i forgot to take a pic of that.

DSC03368.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

DSC03372.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
how have you managed to fit your airbox straight out the TB with ur ecu located there? mine is tight up to the strut and would have no room for the ecu to be there good work tho mate

Zetec s
I'll put a pick up 2morrow dude, Its not perfectly straight out of the throttle body but its near enough

CLIO PH1 172
ahh cool yea i would be intrested to see how it sits and also, were have you joined the cable in the engine bay ?

172 5HED
1st trackday this month. We'll see how we do considering we have spent as little as poss, maybe good, maybe shocking! One way to find out.... Just hope the rain stays off as we are running r888 which we got for next to nothing in keeping with the cheap theme!

172 5HED
Well, the tinkering has been done. Lots more we need but we will pick these up as we see them (if the price is right).

Picked up a set of "wets" with some good Goodrich tyres on for less than a ton, just in case its too wet for the 888s. Dunno what they are, supposed German Touring Car rims from years ago but I'm not sure I believe that. They look OK and they do the job.

33816_10150125273911055_604571054_8219224_5415870_n.jpg

168258_10150125274341055_604571054_8219235_1945698_n.jpg

Think I want to spray the mis matched lights (one is a new one) black but they'll do for now!

167548_10150125274106055_604571054_8219229_3789633_n.jpg

Zetec s
Slider done today keeping with the ghetto theme it looks home made like it should on this car lol

ddbb773f.jpg

bd6702e1.jpg

And tidied up the insides of the doors with some edging tape stuff??
7f6fbc3a.jpg

Sore Subject
Nice one Mr Johnson! The slider looks like some sort of pro did it, you sure you did it yeah? HA. good work lid!

Sore Subject
As i have accidentaly got trigger happy with my photo bucket account, i have moved the pictures of the installation for the rear window...:eek: so here are the pcitures again,

P1000345.jpg

P1000346.jpg

P1000354.jpg

P1000356.jpg

:approve: Hopefully we will see some of you at Oulton this coming Saturday for her first outing :D

172 5HED
LOL
Rough and ready much????

164795_10150127245651093_551791092_8384866_931278_n.jpg

I know the t**t strip is a bit chavvy but in keeping with the ghetto theme, it was the cheapest we could find!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
morning chaps,
when fitting the doorcards, i saw you cut away excess metal in the doors, if so you got any pics / info in what you left in there as i couldn't see....

172 5HED
thats perfect...lol
did you mount the door handle back in? as i thought you wouldn't get enough leverage if what it mounted to wasn't there?

To be honest mate, we havent fitted any cards yet!! Its just on the cable pull. We'll bodge something together in a week or so I think!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You could always put a handle on that cable mate, like what you have on a battery cut off switch looking thing.

I bloody love it, but I seriously wouldn't be able to hold back on tidying it up even more. So damn tempting.

172 5HED
that was a short thread with a lot of work.

hope you enjoy it!

Yeah we kind of attacked it in a few months then left it over winter! Should be good this year.

You could always put a handle on that cable mate, like what you have on a battery cut off switch looking thing.

I bloody love it, but I seriously wouldn't be able to hold back on tidying it up even more. So damn tempting.

Aye, good shout mate! Its tempting to tidy it up but the aim of it was to do it as cheap as poss. I kinda like this rough and ready ready look, be nice to pass some of the flash bits of kit in this!

do you know roughly how much you have spent from start to present?

great read! If I were to track a car with my mates it would be as rough and ready as this is!

172 5HED
do you know roughly how much you have spent from start to present?

great read! If I were to track a car with my mates it would be as rough and ready as this is!

Looking at about £1350 total spend including the car!! Split between 3 thats a hella cheap car!! Should be quite capable too!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Aye, good shout mate! Its tempting to tidy it up but the aim of it was to do it as cheap as poss. I kinda like this rough and ready ready look, be nice to pass some of the flash bits of kit in this!

Don't tidy it up mate, I love it as it is. I just mean me personally would be knocking the bonnet out, bit of paint, but I'm such a tart! LOL