ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 track shed

Sore Subject
well, the first track day as a great success, she ran perfectly all day - didnt miss a beat once!!

there was some big boys toys there today, caterhams, hayabusa powered kit cars, and some sort of Chevron monster - but we held our own against the cars more in our league.

Here are some of the pics of the day:
it was a cold morning...
P1000734.jpg

P1000733.jpg

Then managed to pass the sound test,
P1000813.jpg

P1000739.jpg

P1000858.jpg

P1000853.jpg

P1000829.jpg

move please type r...
P1000813.jpg

P1000800.jpg

Final result of the day - bald tyres
P1000797.jpg

P1000798.jpg

Clio 1.6 16v
The car has came along way and looks mint also! haha

I bet its a proper b*****d having to change tyres after every track day, i want to start up but its not really in my cash flow to at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
  CLIO PH1 172
love this !! looks at home on the track too, good work guys in such a short space of time with such a small amount of ££ you have made a beast!!

Trophy Turbo :)
nice project, The only thing that im going to say is that that rear window really lets the car down it looks GASH!!! Apart from that its a great track toy with lots of umphhh :) well done

172 5HED
Great shots lads. Thanks for those. Car performed well, issue with either the box or clutch though as its missing gears quite a lot, usually 3rd.

Lol, I can see your poin about the rear window but it cost 20quid instead of 200 and that's the whole point of this car.

Zetec s
The bolts are there for a reason, rivets just won't hold it due to the multiple curves. Tbh a few bolts in the back window are the least of our worries when there's a big slash in the bonnet, a crease all down the drivers side and number plates which say shed, if you haven't guessed from the rest of the thread the idea was to have it looking gash, it's not meant to be pretty.

172 5HED
Video of my maiden voyage... second time at track and first time in the car.... Good fun!!!

Also, we had probs with the box all day, missed third a few times (you will see at the part with the 205GTI) not sure if its the clutch or box...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Sore Subject
Borrowed pic from the Javelin website..

index.php

Thats not our smoke.... that is from one of the multiple cars that spat there arse all over the track...

172 5HED
great stuff, and loving the n-plate! Shame about the box

Ta mate, yeah its a light hearted trackday toy, does the business and is fun to drive. Fair play to the guys that spend ££££££ and have them looking like minters too but f**k that, we want to abuse the thing!

Box was always a risk with us buying it as a cat D but we can get a recon for cheapish and fit ourselves!

172 5HED
Cheers lads. Passenger seat and harnesses going on sun along with the aircon, managed to get all the bits we need for 60quid... tidy.

172 5HED
Busy day today, aircon gubbins removed

Front end stripped

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

Old mounts gone and Laguna ones fitted

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Kangoo alternator fited
IMAG0342.jpg

Never had to tweak the power steering pipe much either, just a tiny bit with a pair of pliers and it all bolts up! Sits right against the clutch adjuster on the right hand side of the bay but its all good.

All the gubbins removed........

IMAG0338.jpg

172 5HED
Also took the opportunity to remove the engine weight, some more brackets and the charcoal cannister.

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

The weight was thrown across the garden by Ali when smashed his thumb in which was quite comical.
IMAG0345.jpg

Sore Subject
we did forget to make an carbon canister removal video for the assistance of other members....:quiet::quiet::quiet::quiet:

Zetec s
Is it just me or when describing us removing the engine weight the attached picture just makes it look like we've removed the engine mount haha. And the less said about carbon canister removal the better I think. Although a picture of my mums face when I suggested doin my own stitches with some black cotton thread I found would have been very comical.