ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress- Pics

Lee

BMW M2C

I reckon its going to look good when its finished. Provided they sort the fit of the kit out.

Unlike most kits on Clios this one looks like it suits the lines of the car. Most are too boxy for the rounded shape.

Good luck with it.

Mazda MX5 1.8

i am reserving judgement until its finished

it does look alright but the work doesnt seem to be up to much but ill wait and see what the finished article is like

The sides look really sweet fully flushed but Im not keen on the front bumper atall :sick:

I wouldnt be a happy bunny if my car was away that long, hes blatently taking the piss too be fair

Think its just the pics tbh but ill try and get some better pics next time i go thru, ill be sure to have a propa look too.

No sure about the lowering yet, its been lowered 40mm all ready and the suspension hadnt settled down, so ill run it how it is for a while, i reallt dont think it will go much lower.

cheers for the constructive feedback

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by Rhino16v on 03 August 2005

Feel sorry for you Mullins. I think what most people seem to forget on here is that they all drive probably one of THE most common cars on the road today. when it comes down down to it (regardles of engine size and model) we all own a Clio. Your making yours different and individual which is what modding is all about, good on ya. Alot of people have after market air filters/IKs and exhausts which isnt chav but how many of you see (for example) a 1.1 saxo with a aftermarket exhaust and some sort of club sticker in the window...whats the first thing you say????......chav......slightly contradicting dont you think??!? sorry just getting a bit upset, I aint been using this forum long, its supposed to be a place we "enthusiasts" get together and help each other out but instead they just talk each other down. time for everyone to be a bit more open minded me thinks.......

[Edited by Rhino16v on 03 August 2005 at 10:01pm]
i agree that he has had a lot of stick and harsh comments but to be fair he did ask in his first post for peoples honest opinions and so theyve given them, when you ask for opinions it leaves you wide open to criticism from people, each to their own i say.

CDmullins: have they given you a final pick up date yet mate??

Beetle

i know mate, hence me sayin "alot of stick and harsh comments", meaning some people crossed the line

Mini Cooper S sport

OK Ive just read all 14 pages, and I might as well chuck my two cents in. Most people know I hate bodykits, so I wont bother commenting on that.

I actually like the colour. Ive seen some hideous rainbow-sparkly abominations driving about, and the colour youve chosen is easy on the eye and the flakes are small, and not over the top.

I think the whole thing is a total waste of money though; the guy has totally taken the piss with the length of time, and the work isnt even the perfection youd expect for the price. However, its your money to spend, and if you like it thats the main thing.

Hope its worth the wait.

Im slightly curious about exactly how you open the doors from the outside with no handles though? Does the remote pop them open?

cdmullins your car is going to look the nuts, I cant believe some/most of the idiots on this forum these days, this used to be a great site but its f**ed now.

Its turned into barryboys.

im suprised you come back to show these idiots your car.

good luck

Quote: Originally posted by bang on 04 August 2005
I cant believe some/most of the idiots on this forum these days, this used to be a great site but its f**ed now.Its turned into barryboys.

have a look how long most of us who have slated it have been here ;) our opinions have never changed

either way, its alot longer than you could ever rememver ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 03 August 2005

man walks into bodyshop, man hands over large amount of cash and car keys, man bends over pulls pants down and gets shafted for 7 months + THE END*

its a CDMullins adventure

*well technically not infact will there ever be an end ? who knows ...
FPMSL !

....but so true

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by crooky1986 on 03 August 2005

Errm wtf, that is actually a shed. its taken all that time to look like a halfords 1.2 clio? pmsl

this makes me laugh, CD has put time (alot admittedly) into doing this and the amount of abuse he is getting is actually shocking for a car club.

I feel sorry for you mate that you ever bothered to tell anyone about this by starting the thread.... must be making you feel like absolute cr*p and you havent even got the car yourself....

fookin poop.

Im sure 99% of ppl on here have seen it sprayed, for what reason did you mention BARRYBOYS??????????

Couldnt u av put this is what ur bumper will look like painted???

Dont worry ferret none of the smart arse comments have bothered me, otherwise i would have left the club and certainly wouldnt have continued with the thread, shows ow much theyve bothered me!!! ;)

Im determined to see this thru!!!

Quote: Originally posted by bang on 04 August 2005

cdmullins your car is going to look the nuts, I cant believe some/most of the idiots on this forum these days, this used to be a great site but its f**ed now.

Its turned into barryboys.

im suprised you come back to show these idiots your car.

good luck

Yeah........ what with all these bodylits, glittery paint jobs, neons and headlight masks, its no wonder eh........

Fool

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Easy.. personal taste and all that.. There is nothing wrong with being honest about how you view the car, part of posting your car on an forum is to accept the good with the bad comments.

Just dont get personal about it !

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 04 August 2005
this makes me laugh, CD has put time (alot admittedly) into doing this

Actually hasnt he just paid someone to do it all for him?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

unless ur car is std, or hav Fks Turinis and a prospeed zorst, the comments will be negative. Ill dulled down my car in the last few months, both to avoid police stops and actually it looks a hell of alot beta.

In all honest i dislike what uve dun to ur car, but its not mine, and its unique to you...Follow me here.

Fcuk what everyone else thinks...Get it finished, make it shine and show it off.

Amen!

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 05 August 2005

unless ur car is std, or hav Fks Turinis and a prospeed zorst, the comments will be negative. Ill dulled down my car in the last few months, both to avoid police stops and actually it looks a hell of alot beta.

In all honest i dislike what uve dun to ur car, but its not mine, and its unique to you...Follow me here.

Fcuk what everyone else thinks...Get it finished, make it shine and show it off.

Amen!

Chill man, i dont have any of those bits mentioned but mine still aint too shabby. Oh and i do like yours just not the rear lights.

unless ur car is std, or hav Fks Turinis and a prospeed zorst, the comments will be negative

Too true, said this loads times on diff threads!!!!!!

No cin much positive or consrtuctive feeback, more sh*te 2Bfair!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 05 August 2005

Amen!

Chill man, i dont have any of those bits mentioned but mine still aint too shabby. Oh and i do like yours just not the rear lights.
Soz matey, that wasnt supposed to look harsh! my fault...No im sayin in general alot of people on here like cars std. Fair play to them, i wouldnt change ma car jus cause some1 doesnt like it...Thats the beauty of being different.

Urs was prob the nicest mk1 172 on the site...infact, bar clarkies.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Rip3z on 05 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 04 August 2005

this makes me laugh, CD has put time (alot admittedly) into doing this

Actually hasnt he just paid someone to do it all for him?

Ok, fair comment what i should have said it that hes been without his car for a fookin long time and thats harsh to live with....

I was not intending to moan about peoples opinions of the work done or the car, I know that everyone has an opinion, and are allowed to say what they think.

I just think some of the comments could be worded in a more sublte way as not to offend but put a view across eg - "that looks F**Kin Sh*t" is a bit more harsh than - "not my cup of tea, i wouldnt have done that but its your car".

:)

For that money, I would have bought the wide arch kit (V6 replica), but Im still looking forward to see how your car turns out bud. Ignore all the stick your getting, your car will get 10 times more looks than any of theirs.

I think the V6 kit would have got more abuse to be honest, + buying that kit would have ment me missin out on something else, ie buckets or ICE.

Angel eyes arrived today!!! Cant wait to get em on!

Quote: Originally posted by Sons_of_Angels on 05 August 2005

For that money, I would have bought the wide arch kit (V6 replica), but Im still looking forward to see how your car turns out bud. Ignore all the stick your getting, your car will get 10 times more looks than any of theirs.

No denying that mate...............Just not the sort of looks id wanna be getting if i spent £6k my car.

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 05 August 2005

Amen!

Soz matey, that wasnt supposed to look harsh! my fault...No im sayin in general alot of people on here like cars std. Fair play to them, i wouldnt change ma car jus cause some1 doesnt like it...Thats the beauty of being different.

Urs was prob the nicest mk1 172 on the site...infact, bar clarkies.

No worries fella, what i was trying to say thou is that i do like modded cars, even body mods believe it or not;), i just dont wanna make my car out to be something its not.

In my opinion theres a line between class and crap, and some people just dont know when to stop.

Cheers for the comment too dude *big kiss coming your way*

this is gettin even funnier now, how long till we get 20 pages? whens it guna be finished this time?

Dont listen to abuse, like on barry boys there all oaps as bryan admitted ;) by saying hed bin on forum b4 u cud remember stuff lol. 99.9% of cliosport members and forum users dont like bodykits, you should have figured that out by now, and some people are darn rude about it and others are generally polite,

Like people who have clearly stated they dont like it but good to you for doing it and others have just given you constant stick. I dont like the front bumper or that model tbh but all that really matters is you like it. FULLSTOP END OF STORY!!

Like the side btw looks amazin!