ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Refresh - Pic heavy

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
So over the last couple of months I've been slowly sorting out a few niggles I've had with the 182.
The usual stuff tbh: cracked splitter, hazy headlamps, melting steering wheel etc.

This is what I've been up to:
Firstly headlamp correction which went quite well after reading all the tips in the detailing section.

Before
SDC10213.jpg

After
SDC10217.jpg

Tried some new bolts but decided they weren't for me.
IMG_0096.jpg

After cracking my my old one whilst going for fish & chips (lunch fail), I fitted a new cup splitter (no pics of that process) and having no luck finding a good OEM one, I managed to source a great quality re-trimmed steering wheel.
IMG_7075.jpg

Next move try to sort out some of the swirls.
They have annoyed me for years. The recent good weather put me in the mood to get my das6 out. Now the whole thing is so swirly I plan to do it a section at a time. Yesterday I started with the roof which took the best part of 5 hours. I managed to get most of the worst out but still no where near perfect. Looking forward to doing the rest of the car :dapprove:

Befores and afters:
SDC10235a.jpg

And finally I went to get a few pics this evening. There's a few jaunty angles for people who like that sort of thing.
IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

IMG_7087.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7096.jpg

IMG_7105.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

Thanks for looking/reading

Ged

PD130 Peach
when i first got into clios i never really liked the RB, but wow has it grown on me... Really nice car! Might consider going for an RB197 ;)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
when i first got into clios i never really liked the RB, but wow has it grown on me... Really nice car! Might consider going for an RB197 ;)

As much as I love RB I'd probably plump for a different colour on a Mk3.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
looks sweeeet! i dotn get how people have trouble with 3/4 plates unless your driving like a dick and get caught i havnt had trouble with mine for atleast a year and abit

Top work mate, paint and steering wheel look very nice.

I'd love a 3/4 plate but I too cannot be bothered with the worry of points on my licence :dapprove:

Btw, 5 hours on the roof? is that how long it takes to correct the 1st pic to the second? Ive tried machine polishing just holograms out and whenever I think there out there not! need a decent light source i think.

Last edited:
  RB One Eight Two
That looks fantastic mate.

I had a 3/4 plate on mine for a couple of months. Was sat in McDonald's eating my burger minding my own, and a cop car pulls in front of me and tells me my number plate is too small, get it changed or it's points and a fine. He had obviously looked at the cars plate parked next to me and compared it?! So took it off and replace it with a standard plate. Really not worth the hassle and points, it's a shame as they look so good.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great work mate. Jealous of the wheel! The heat wave last week has fubar'd my right thumb grip.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
looks sweeeet! i dotn get how people have trouble with 3/4 plates unless your driving like a dick and get caught i havnt had trouble with mine for atleast a year and abit
I didn't actually have any trouble with it on but i thought better err on the side of caution.
Realised it must have been pretty blatant when even my manager at work looked out of the window and asked "is that an illegal sized number plate on your car?"

Top work mate, paint and steering wheel look very nice.

I'd love a 3/4 plate but I too cannot be bothered with the worry of points on my licence :dapprove:

Btw, 5 hours on the roof? is that how long it takes to correct the 1st pic to the second? Ive tried machine polishing just holograms out and whenever I think there out there not! need a decent light source i think.
Well that's roughly how long I spent on it but i'm no expert. Was too worried about strikethrough so only used a medium cutting pad and power finish :eek:
Seeing it on the sun today there's still quite a lot to sort. The photos flatter the finish massively :(

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
That looks fantastic mate.
Thanks mate. RB and silver FTW.

Great work mate. Real inspiration to get a few niggles sorted on mine over the next few months.
Cheers! Got a few more bits to sort before i'll be fully satisfied, but i've been putting this stuff off for far too long.

Awesome work. Small things make a huge difference.

That wheel is superb!
Thanks lad!

Really good work mate, look's beautiful :) !
Ta!

Astra H vxr
looking good mate :D ive just started to sort mine out as ive also been puttign it off lol but looking at how much of a differance it makes all the little bits im gunna have to start to get it done lol :D

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
looking good mate :D i've just started to sort mine out as i've also been putting it off lol but looking at how much of a difference it makes all the little bits i'm gonna have to start to get it done lol :D
It's good. There's satisfaction with each little bit that gets sorted.

Good job on those lights mate, car looks really good as well :)
Thank you :)

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great matey. Better in the flesh ;). Got a lotta love for RB.

(Thanks again for the bolts)
Thanks lad! I didn't even realise you used to have a RB :eek:

Was nice to meet you. I don't doubt for a moment the next time I see the sunflower it'll be immaculate. Should have asked you for some tips!

Thanks lad! I didn't even realise you used to have a RB :eek:

Was nice to meet you. I don't doubt for a moment the next time I see the sunflower it'll be immaculate. Should have asked you for some tips!
Yup. Had an RB 200 last year. Then came back to Mk2s.
Detailed mine on Sunday, so it's on it's way ;). Yours will be mint once you're done with it.