ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Clio 172 Engine (Project ;))

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Worst Renaultsport in the family this one ;)

Feel like mine to drive now carl? i will have a go when im back home.:cool:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Why didnt u change the clutch when the box was off?

Cars a peach mate!

the clutch looked fine and there was plenty of meat left on it.

should have changed it back then but ah well, live and learn :p

carl

RB 182
Looks to be loads of life left in that clutch plate? Make sure you change the release bearing while you're there!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Looks to be loads of life left in that clutch plate? Make sure you change the release bearing while you're there!

yes changed the release bearing. Car drives so much better, smoother gear changes :)

carl

Ph1 Clio 172, VX220
Just found this thread as was looking for info on how to get the engine out on my ph1 172, then I realised there are a couple of you just around the corner - I'm in Newton Aycliffe. My engine died in the snow and has no compression at all, think crank pully has slipped and bent valves as belt wasn't snapped. Anyway, I'm going to swap the engine, your method seems the best way, pull the engine and box out from top as I have an engine hoist.

Have you still got the Clio? and what do you think of the Focus RS - that is one of the cars I was thinking of changing the clio for until the engine went - still might but it won't be until may now.

Really nice build, nice work.

Cheers

Nick