ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Clio 172 Engine (Project ;))

80MPG BEEZA
1st pic looks like the back end darker, is it just the light?

i know silvers a funny colour my new wings dont 100% match up with my car but mines just a track sl*g

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

i know silvers a funny colour my new wings dont 100% match up with my car but mines just a track sl*g

its the door that looks different but its only in the pictures it seems wierd, kinda knew it would look like that since its silver mind you.

/carl

80MPG BEEZA
silvers the best colour for not seeing scratches or swirl marks though :) i know rich's always looks clean where mine is always flithy looking unless its spanking clean

80MPG BEEZA
mind you your first pics of the car the car all looks the same colour, are you using a different camera?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
mind you your first pics of the car the car all looks the same colour, are you using a different camera?

nope same camera, it hasnt been polish/waxed yet so will see after that :)

/carl

Astra VXD xp with DTUK

hmmm does look different like, i neva get dark bits on my car wen taking pics and mines silver

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

hmmm does look different like, i neva get dark bits on my car wen taking pics and mines silver

yeah but yours hasnt been resprayed and yours is a different colour silver.

/carl

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Looks very smart that mate, good luck on paying ur insurance lol, i was hopin to get insured on a 172 at 19 but not prepared to pay 2k for it, its just not worth the hassal. When u thinkin of sellin ur replica?????? and what price u lookin at for it???

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Looks very smart that mate, good luck on paying ur insurance lol, i was hopin to get insured on a 172 at 19 but not prepared to pay 2k for it, its just not worth the hassal. When u thinkin of sellin ur replica?????? and what price u lookin at for it???

Ignore!!! someone please delete

Last edited:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Ignore!!! someone please delete

yeah my insurance is 2.2k, erm the replica will be sold in may/june....looking for around 4k for it as it has the full interior/xenons etc

/carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
24th March 2008
Car returns to bodyshop to investigate queer colour door.

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
ive gotta wait until march 31st until i can drive it though as thats why my tesco insurance policy runs out and i need the NCB. That should give me enough time to give it a full cleanout etc. Ive been searching for insurance and it will cost around 2k-2.5k :(

/carl

woo 31st has arrived!! hope you get insured mate.. clio looks sweet!! wish i had the money for 172 :( nice job anyway mate!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
ive gotta wait until march 31st until i can drive it though as thats why my tesco insurance policy runs out and i need the NCB. That should give me enough time to give it a full cleanout etc. Ive been searching for insurance and it will cost around 2k-2.5k :(

/carl
woo 31st has arrived!! hope you get insured mate.. clio looks sweet!! wish i had the money for 172 :( nice job anyway mate!

not quite lol! ive now got 1 years NCB but bell wont touch me until ive had 12 months driving experience........so may 2nd now! :rasp:

/carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
respray i think, not sure to be honest.... ill leave that to them :)

/carl

Clio 182
Hi Carl

Project looks to be going great, I'm always well impressed to see people ripping out engines with such ease! I had trouble just replacing the headlight washers on my 182. lol.

Was wondering where you got your respray done, what quality it is and how much it was? My motor has been keyed twice and some git scratched the front bumper in a car park so I want to get it all coded and touched up/resprayed. I'm only 5 minutes from Bishop so it can't be that far away?

Good luck with finishing her off.

Cheers
Mike

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Hi Carl

Project looks to be going great, I'm always well impressed to see people ripping out engines with such ease! I had trouble just replacing the headlight washers on my 182. lol.

Was wondering where you got your respray done, what quality it is and how much it was? My motor has been keyed twice and some git scratched the front bumper in a car park so I want to get it all coded and touched up/resprayed. I'm only 5 minutes from Bishop so it can't be that far away?

Good luck with finishing her off.

Cheers
Mike

friend of a friend im affriad mate, they dont usually spray cars.

/carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
just a quick update, added a few new touches over the past few weeks such as my speakers, alpine x001 headunit and some new extras such as mats.

IMG_3952.jpg
replaced the old discoloured rear wiper base plate with a new one
IMG_3933.jpg

26th April 2008

bought a set of Recaro Trendline seats from ebay a few weeks back and after passing its MOT the car was now ready for them to be fitted.

1 seat out
IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

2 seats out
IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

Recaros fitted :D

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
You little b*gger! Looks even better than i thought mate! you need to take me out in it some time! :p

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Lovely seats but the lumbar support is far too agressive imo gives me backache big time.

yeah they can be abit harsh, to tackle that tho just tilt the seat further forward. the seats arent designed to be tilted far back really due to the way the lumber is created.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
May 2nd 2008
The car is now TAXED, TESTED and INSURED :D

good times!

/carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Brilliant mate, very good work. How much did the project set you back?

well it depends after selling the stuff from the gold (Still have loads left + the whole car lol) the car including the recaros cost me around £3800 overall.

the finished article

IMG_4464copycopyanthra.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Small update but thought i would add to the thread :)
Ever since fitting the engine/box i noticed the clutch was double taking and slipping slightly when changing gear. This frustrated me once i had driven Bazzon's 182 and -Karl-'s 172 and realised how smooth theres were when changing gear. So decided i needed a new clutch.

pics of old clutch

DSC08353.jpg

DSC08355.jpg

DSC08357.jpg

DSC08358.jpg

DSC08359.jpg

thanks
carl