ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Royal wedding drive out...

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
1. V6clo
2. 172flamer
3. Matthew
4. Crazyasswhiteboy
5. Oosh Baxter
6. SEAN16V
7. leewxm
8.V16daf (Maybe)

I might be able to join you guys later on, see how I get on with this little project I'm hoping to do that week

Clio 172 "Ruby"
1. V6clo
2. 172flamer
3. Matthew
4. Crazyasswhiteboy
5. Oosh Baxter
6. SEAN16V
7. leewxm
8. V16daf (Maybe)
9. 172-Tom

182 cup
1. V6clo
2. 172flamer
3. Matthew
4. Crazyasswhiteboy
5. Oosh Baxter
6. SEAN16V
7. leewxm
8. V16daf (Maybe)
9. 172-Tom
10. Mike1pow

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
1. V6clo
2. 172flamer
3. Matthew
4. Crazyasswhiteboy
5. Oosh Baxter
6. SEAN16V
7. leewxm
8. V16daf (Maybe)
9. 172-Tom
10. Mike1pow
11. XxHarDinGxX

182 cup
Right here we go!

The route below is intended for the Royal Wedding Day drive out, 29th April.

Meeting place - Roots and Shoots garden centre, Chester, CH3 5QD

Meeting time - 10.00AM

Starting out from the garden centre, we plan in head into North Wales, round the horse shoe pass then to Llangollen. From there, down the A5 to the Evo Triangle then onto Betws-y-coed.

From there we head west to Capel Curig and take a left onto the A4086 then the A498 through Beddgelert to Porthmadog stopping in Tesco for fuel and refreshments.

Leaving Porthmadog on the A487 untill we turn left onto the A4212. This is one of my all time favourite roads, fast, sweeping, open bends with great views to both sides. A true drivers road.

Once in Bala, there are a few places to eat and drink. Then from there, its a straight run back to the garden centre!

So its a 164 mile round trip taking approx 4 hours. Hope as many people as possible can make it!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone fancy a BBQ at roots n shoots at the end of it all????

O and great route as always mike!!!

182 cup
Route looks good mate, can we incorporate the B4391 between Bala and Llangynog? Meant to be an epic route....

Sure thing, I remember that road from a few years back on the bike, scary but awesome!

You can take the lead/set the pace on that one then Matthew.

Im up for the Barbie Ash!

Iceberg 172
Major caravanning weather by the way :(

It is, and the beginning of a BH weekend. You'd be better off avoiding the main routes like the A5, A4212 & A494 as much as possible. They're not that much fun anyway even at quiet times.

I'd advise continuing north from Ponderosa and taking the B5105 from Ruthin to get to the triangle, a properly good road. Then substitute the first part of the wide and busy A4212 by taking the epic B4391 from Ffestiniog across towards Llyn Celyn, and then continue onto the second part of it from Bala down to Llangynog, as suggested above. From there, you can cut across towards Oswestry for home, but I suspect you'll want to turn round in Llangynog car park and head straight back up the hill[climb] to Bala :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think it might be best to plan the route on the day so we can see how many turn up and see how busy the roads are then we can see who are up fir the BBQ too.

BMW E82 M Sport
1. V6clo
2. 172flamer
3. Matthew
4. Crazyasswhiteboy
5. Oosh Baxter
6. SEAN16V
7. leewxm
8. V16daf (Maybe)
9. 172-Tom
10. Mike1pow
11. XxHarDinGxX
12. Glenn182

182 cup
Parts have only just arrived at JMS so they are putting kits together now, soon to start taking bookings.

Never mind, il just have to try harder in the twisties to leave you all in my dust :cool:

Clio 172 "Ruby"
Parts have only just arrived at JMS so they are putting kits together now, soon to start taking bookings.

Never mind, il just have to try harder in the twisties to leave you all in my dust :cool:

Proper gutted for you mate, well wanted to see this in action