ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Royal wedding drive out...

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Definitely coming now. Might try and get a mate of mine to bring his red Megane 225, its a stunning looking car.

182 cup
***********************************************************************************

Can everyone try to have as much fuel in their tank as poss, it can get a bit frustrating if 15 cars are waiting around for the odd one or two.

There are a few stations on the route but at under 200 miles, we shouldnt need to stop

***********************************************************************************

182 cup
UPDATE

There may be a slight change of plan for the meeting point.

An urgent family matter has come up for Ash so he may not be able to make the meet tomorrow. If the gates to the garden centre are closed then we will be meeting in Sainsusburys car park which is just around the corner - post code CH3 5QJ for all you sat nav users!

Any further updates will be posted as and when.

Any questions then fire me, 172flamer, Aucky or fastdanbar a PM

Cheers, Mike

Clio 172 "Ruby"
UPDATE

There may be a slight change of plan for the meeting point.

An urgent family matter has come up for Ash so he may not be able to make the meet tomorrow. If the gates to the garden centre are closed then we will be meeting in Sainsusburys car park which is just around the corner - post code CH3 5QJ for all you sat nav users!

Any further updates will be posted as and when.

Any questions then fire me, 172flamer, Aucky or fastdanbar a PM

Cheers, Mike

New meeting place is now going to be sainsbury's. Still same time of 10 an drive off starts at 11, maps an route will more than likley Be handed out or you can find it on page 3

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I need to check whether my car is ok in the morning. exhaust was popping even when warm tonight. I fear limp mode may be on its way!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Well that turned into a bit of a farce. PC Plod were patrolling the "triangle" in an unmarked Skoda estate. Unfortunately two of the front runners overtook the car before they realised it was a police car and ended up getting pulled. We waited for them to catch us up twice but not sure whether they they bailed out after that. We only got as far as Betws y Coed in the end due to time running on. I had a good run back over the "triangle" the opposite way and passed a load of Caterhams coming the other way. I was amazed how busy the roads were in general.

182 cup
Still was a good drive out, without the few hiccups!

Will be arranging another for a few weeks time for anyone who is interested

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I hope Mr Plod weren't too heavy handed! I need to get some better tyres on the 17" rims or sell them. The grip wasn't that great on Nankangs. Some more Toyo's are needed.

182 cup
They were ok, a stern telling off and a little yellow ticket and they let us go.

Completely our fault though

Iceberg 172
Well that turned into a bit of a farce. PC Plod were patrolling the "triangle" in an unmarked Skoda estate. Unfortunately two of the front runners overtook the car before they realised it was a police car and ended up getting pulled. We waited for them to catch us up twice but not sure whether they they bailed out after that. We only got as far as Betws y Coed in the end due to time running on. I had a good run back over the "triangle" the opposite way and passed a load of Caterhams coming the other way. I was amazed how busy the roads were in general.

I'm a member of the Lotus 7 Club and knew they were also planning trip. I wondered if every car club in the country was going to be there!
Hope those pulled got away ok - did you get a fine?

This is the danger of publicising these trips on the web - plod do browse websites like these. Far better to organise it via PM and go on a weekday. The Triangle is getting such a popular destination that I reckon it's only a matter of time before there are speed cameras and a permanent plod prescence on summer weekends. Sadly. Discreet use of those roads is definitely the way to go to preserve them for the future.

Did you not get to the B4391 then?!

Clio 182
No probs. :)
Well now you know but for the others that do not look out for skoda octavia vrs and black freelander 2s.
Going past them at speed is not the best idea.

Anyway once again gutted for you.:(

Did not get a lot of pics as we never parked up together but here are the few I did.

PIC_0605.jpg 8
PIC_0603.jpg
PIC_0601.jpg
PIC_0600.jpg
PIC_0602.jpg

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The last two trips up there on weekends I've seen police patrolling that road. I passed another marked patrol car on my way back which might have been the one that was at the ponderosa just after Llyn Brenig coming from the direction of Ruthin. Its much quieter during the week and far less likely to attract so many plod.Maybe a weekday run might be wiser next time. It fits in better for me weekdays anyway.

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
Missed this thread, only realised it was a local drive out when you all drove past my house. I was buffing the trophy, so couldn't even jump in and follow on. Kettle always on, next time!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Thank for letting me "tag along" guys,genuinely gutted for the two who where caught,even with hindsight looks like the plod regularly patrol that area,if they arn`t catching cars its bikes.
I really enjoyed following you lot,the scenery was stunning and the roads are epic.......will look out for the next one and fill up when i get there as not to hinder and drive out.

182 cup
Thank for letting me "tag along" guys,genuinely gutted for the two who where caught,even with hindsight looks like the plod regularly patrol that area,if they arn`t catching cars its bikes.
I really enjoyed following you lot,the scenery was stunning and the roads are epic.......will look out for the next one and fill up when i get there as not to hinder and drive out.

Good to see some poeple from far afield coming along!

Hope to see you at some other meets in the future