ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soundbar setups...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yo.

Does anyone run a soundbar directly in front of their TV? I didn't want to go that route at first but I think it's going to be the best setup I can manage for the time being... just wondering if anyone could share photos and what you think of them in general :)

RB Clio 182
You could aways get a double din toaster/tv setup?

weirdest-technological-inventions-04.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
They are pretty good I put a thread up think I got an LG one. I'll try remember to take a pic later. You can hardly notice it whereas some of them are huge and unsightly.

SQ5
It's weird, soundbars used to be great, and you can still buy good ones, but EVERY new cheap sound bar is crap.

They've made them all slim and you can't bend physics to change how speakers move air!

SQ5
But the size of it, the speakers in it must be tiny, you've got all treble at the front and then bass from the sub, no mid level frequencies.

They don't even list any frequency range for it anywhere, I bet the fronts don't go below 250hz!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My soundbar was a cheap Samsung jobby and I can honestly say it sounds a lot better than the TV did (Samsung 42" F series iirc)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Good thread. I'll post a pics of mine shortly. I actually need some help from someone who knows a thing about this stuff (i.e not me) I have mine wired to the TV because I didn't want it connected via bluetooth, but even when it's wired I can only get any audio out of it when it's connected via bluetooth. Meaning I have to go into network settings - bluetooth and pair them, every time I turn the b*stard on.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The gfs sisters guy has one. Tbh it sounds great, it goes very loud, it's very clear and the bass is excellent. It's fairly chunky but as its wall mounted below the tv it doesn't look excessive.

I'll try and find out the model for you

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431719768.489628.jpg

Sub is now on the left of the TV stand like so
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431719789.181799.jpg

@DannyR I know you're an expert on this. My BT box, PS4 and soundbar are all wired into my TV. The soundbar is connected into the digital audio port on the TV via an optical cable (i think) but I can't seem to find where to pair the 2 in the settings anywhere, which means I have to resort to bluetooth.

SQ5
A friend got that sound bar the other day and I gave him an optical cable and he just plugged it in and it worked.

You don't need Bluetooth, just plug into the digital audio out of the TV into the digital audio in on the soundbar. Then select the correct input on the soundbar.

Impreza RB5 #054
I have a JBL SB200 which I think is really good,although quite bulky the sound the thing makes is excellent and we use Bluetooth a lot to play music from our phones through it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It's weird, soundbars used to be great, and you can still buy good ones, but EVERY new cheap sound bar is crap.

They've made them all slim and you can't bend physics to change how speakers move air!

I appreciate that mate, but this is really just a temporary solution to make it sound better than the standard TV speakers. I hoping to move out of a rented place and buy next year and then I've got my heart set on something like the B&W 685 S2 :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah it does the trick nicely, although I will say it doesn't actually sound quite as good as my Acoustic Energy system.