ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Head Unit Problems...

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Hi all,

Over the last 2 days i've been having problems with my head unit, and cigarette lighter, and don't know if these problems are linked?

Basically, when i was driving home last night listening to a CD, i heard a 'beep' (similar or the same to that beep when you programme a radio station in), then about 5 secs later, the head unit, and the display (where the temp, and CD song number are) turned themself off?

Then when i turn it back on by pressing the red button, my audio comes back, then i have no problems during the reminder of my trip, but then when i park up, turn my ignition off, pull the key out, the audio continues to come out, and the head unit and display are still on?

Whats happening?

The problem with my cigarette lighter, is that it wont heat the actual lighter for some reason?

I haven't noticed any other problems, but my alarm LED still flashes (when the car is locked), so hopefully what ever is happening isn't bothering the alarm, but i cant be sure?

I presume its electrical problems behind the dash? Should i take it to Renault?

You comments are much appreciated! Its a 182 btw!

Thanks, Tyson.

106 GTi
The headunit does that when you use it without the keys in the ignition, beeps and turns itself off after a certain time. Sounds like something had gone haywire.

BMW Z4 3.0i
The head unit and the cigar lighter work off the same fuse. Make sure the fuse hasn't blown as this will
a)stop the cigar lighter working at all
b)stop some functionality of your head unit

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks Gaz, i'll check it out. It was just unusual that it was working, then it beep'd, then turned itself off, then when i turned it back on, it didn't turn itself off once i'd stop and pulled my key out. Unusal!

Thanks, Tyson.

BMW Z4 3.0i
My cigar lighter wasn't working and I had to turn the head unit off manually just as you'v described, it was the fuse so it does sound like this is your problem. Nice easy fix though. Take one next time you have a courtesy car to replace your spare :) I took one out of my mum's scenic just before she part-ex'd it :D