ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steel spare wheel question

Clio Campus Sport
I've dented an alloy tonight on front left, put my spare on, it's same size but steel instead of alloy, not sure when I can get a replacement alloy.
Will it affect the car to much to drive with a steel on one side and alloy on the other?
It's not a space saver, nor has it got warning stickers on it so I assume is just a normal steel wheel?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
If it's a standard steel wheel with the same size tyre then you can just drive it as normal. The offset could be different which may make it pull slightly one way or another.
If it's say a 15" steel when the others are 16" then just drive a bit more sensibly as the tyre dimensions will probably differ a bit.

Clio Campus Sport
Brill thanks.
All the same tyre sizes. I drove it home and it wasn't pulling but did feel light in the steering, prob the fact I now have a round, heavy wheel on that side now ;)