ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock Wheels Refrubed in Different Colour - Inform the Insurance?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
IF I had my stock wheels re done in Anthracite, is this classed as a mod I would need to declare to my insurers?

Thanks

Octavia VRS LE
i really do not think so.... but if your worried about it why not just ring them up?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
TBF if I had painted wheels I probably wouldn't bother.

IIRC "Mr Sky man" the guy on the other end of the phone when I got my first quote said "that's not an issue" and pretty much dismissed it when I told him my o.z f1's had a funny paint job and it wasn't on my list of mods :rasp:

Not a dig at you, just saying.

The other thing is cars come with different colour wheels from factory now, so it's hardly out of the ordinary.

Breaking 172 NV676
I had to notify my insure of change of colour on the wheels..... though mine a yellow.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Another one for sky:

I'm assuming the only reason this would be of any concern to insurance is if it were to make the car more desirable and therefore more likely to be stolen?

It's not like having grey wheels is going to give him any more chance of crashing afterall ;)

Thing is, if it wont cost anything extra, why not?

Trust me when i say if they can find a way of not paying out, they will. Dont give them the opportunity.

Ive declared everything right down to my bolts being a different colour.

F56 MINI Cooper S
thing is, cars have wheel refurbs everyday which wont match the genuine manufacture colour, and they wont ring up and confirm. whether the colour is from black to white, or marginally different, fact of the matter is its not the same colour.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thing is, if it wont cost anything extra, why not?

Trust me when i say if they can find a way of not paying out, they will. Dont give them the opportunity.

Ive declared everything right down to my bolts being a different colour.

99% of places will want an admin fee though!

MR2 Mk1.5
TBF if I had painted wheels I probably wouldn't bother.

IIRC "Mr Sky man" the guy on the other end of the phone when I got my first quote said "that's not an issue" and pretty much dismissed it when I told him my o.z f1's had a funny paint job and it wasn't on my list of mods :rasp:

Not a dig at you, just saying.

The other thing is cars come with different colour wheels from factory now, so it's hardly out of the ordinary.

Hard to comment without your details but an alloy wheel colour change is a declarable modification. It is not something which would effect the premium but we should have a note of it.

MR2 Mk1.5
Another one for sky:

I'm assuming the only reason this would be of any concern to insurance is if it were to make the car more desirable and therefore more likely to be stolen?

Again, it is not something we load for but for other insurers if they do load it will be statistically driven or fear of the unknown.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I bet all the admiral group and flux would though, and I bet more than half the people on here are insured through one of them.

Although not saying you shouldn't declare it.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I think ill lower it at the same time and declare it as one, 1 admin fee then i guess.

I dont mind even if I had to pay, I was just wondering if I had to.

Im with Admiral they charged me £23 for my filter inc admin fee.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I think ill lower it at the same time and declare it as one, 1 admin fee then i guess.

I dont mind even if I had to pay, I was just wondering if I had to.

Im with Admiral they charged me £23 for my filter inc admin fee.

its £18.50 admin fee so you only paid £4.50 extra for the filter ;)