ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Cup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172 Cup
Thanks Ben

I didn't mean CFD work around the engine, I was specifically talking about flow from the back of the radiator. As I'm sure you are aware this needs to be looked after to ensure the radiator see's enough volume of air to reduce the coolant temp. As blanking the back of a radiator has the exact same effect on temps as blanking the front. This kind of work I can assure you does happen at all major OEM's

The rad shrouding fore and aft of the element is still stock, and apart from that I cant of seen them putting much effort into things.

Previously open blade fans were run with zero shrouding.

We're talking very basic assumptions here and I fail to see how it would interupt the stock workings of the coolant system.

Clio 172 Cup
Yeah, plus theres the thermostat housing and a flexibly mounted PAS line, which need clearance, so I can't imagine there would be an issue. Unexpected things can happen thats all, but track testing has been mentioned a few times now, so I'm sure if that has/does go without a hitch then theres no probs. Certainly packaging looks to be a tricky job!

I know a guy who works in the cooling team in powertrain at my work and those guys have about 10 engineers, half of those being aero guys who think that whats behind a radiator is almost as important as whats in front.

Worth noting that the general design of the Clio cooling system hasn't changed since the early 90's! There is no issue regarding cooling. The fan shroud itself covers a large amount of surface area in order to duct air mass through the entire core when the fan is running. You can put what you want behind that with no issue.

The Super Cup will be out on track and racking up the 1000 test miles I want on it ASAP once the production prototype is on. That'll take me about three days and that'll rule out any cooling issues or similar. The car has a 14 Channel 500hz data logging sytem on it so trust me they'll be plenty of data to prove it! :)

Cheers
M

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice to know your not just banging it out on the market to make some fast moolah icarus!

Doing it properly first time ftw!

will look forward to the updates.

Open stats are misleading as system pressures fluctuate at lower values and localised DNB can occur a lot easier.

On the low volume OEM production cars I've worked on developing we always found the best way was to stick em rads first to the wall and jack the throttle to 4000RPM on a hot day. If it didn't overheat after 24hrs then it was probably fine................. the seven that went to the UAE certainly were ;-)

Realisticaly there will be no issue at all with cooling on the Clio. You need only look at the fan shroud to work out why.

Cheers
M

Well! I've booked time on the testing grounds today to rack the first 1000 miles onto it which gives some idea of where we are in terms of development. PM me if you want to discuss further :)

Cheers
M

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Any nearer releasing more definate info as its been a month now.
Got cash waiting for boddies!
Cheers

172 phII
What are expected power and torque values new manifold vs. mild cams (catcams 428, 421) assuming that the stock ECU is kept and custom remapped ?

182cup & 172 racecar
Why can't everybody just wait until they have got some results instead of just asking endless questions,what about this and what about that.All will be revealed soon enough.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Why can't everybody just wait until they have got some results instead of just asking endless questions,what about this and what about that.All will be revealed soon enough.

Questions show interest - interest equals ££££!

182cup & 172 racecar
I am interested but haven't asked anything.The more time answering questions,the longer it will take to finnish.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
True but you can't spend 24 hours in a workshop! I very much doubt spending half an hour here and there is going to cause any major delays...

M235i / 172
Meow.... Tony's right though, they CANNOT give you answers to your questions yet as they simply don't 100% know.... Let them get the testing done and then you can gurantee the first place the results will be made known is in this thread!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Will this/something similar be coming out for the 197?
I fancy the upgrade at some point.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
its been said before building up interest..etc may have been best left until nearer the launch..

172 phII

Fair enough, your answer makes perfect sense but I am in a situation where my budget is a very tight one and I need to plan in advance my options carefully ( price, power gains, reliability, etc... ).
Question is here and it may be answered anytime, not necessary now.
Icarus has been very informative so far and I dont see any reason why he would not answer this one.

Its a free bump anyway :)

SQ5
Been keeping an eye on this thread as for sub £1k (hopefully) its going to be a hot mod to have, and can see A LOT of F4R's having this fitted!

172 Race Car
Been keeping an eye on this thread as for sub £1k (hopefully) its going to be a hot mod to have, and can see A LOT of F4R's having this fitted!
I bet less than half the people who have said they will definatley have one will actually part with the money.

Always the same on here

sub £1k? behave, it'll be £1500-£2K i reckon
have to agree. A remap will be £300 to start with. So they aint going to be selling a manifold and all the wiring, filter and assosiated bits for £700 or will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.