ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Cup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
  SQ5
Wiring? what extra will be needed, except maybe something to lengthen the the TPS?

I agree with less people buying that say, its always the same, but at the end of the day I am interested in this and would seriously think about purchasing it.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The less they can get it the more people will buy it, I have a budget in mind, if its well over that I won't be going that route.

how much is a throttle body kit for the engine? 1500 plus mapping? You would have to question if this came in at more than that although who knows.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Exactly. With the new SC kit coming out running on standard internals it will need to be competitively priced to be successful thats fo'sho' :)

Can't be long now till we get some figures, but from what i've heard theyre VERY impressed with the prototype.

Ph1
Read the thread for the clues to how much its roughly going to cost and just how good this product will be.

Its all in their if you read it properly people ;)

Its a proper conversion kit this, big gains not a bolt on fancy IK

Mk2 172
IMO i think this thread is rediculous. I mean when is this actually being released??? Most companies on here ie: ktec,GDI let us know about a product and very shortly after its released and actually available to buy with no issues. When is this going to materialise??

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
IMO i think this thread is rediculous. I mean when is this actually being released??? Most companies on here ie: ktec,GDI let us know about a product and very shortly after its released and actually available to buy with no issues. When is this going to materialise??

when they finish developing it

ZX6R B1H
I was speaking with chris today, and he mentioned this post so i had to have a read. This sounds identical to something which VELOS did for the x14xe/x16xe vauxhall engine. And they were making good power over standard, so if the std RS inlet is restrictive this product will work well.

Good luck with it fellas and i hope it proves all the haters/doubters wrong and also hits the market with a tasty price tag.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I was speaking with chris today, and he mentioned this post so i had to have a read. This sounds identical to something which VELOS did for the x14xe/x16xe vauxhall engine. And they were making good power over standard, so if the std RS inlet is restrictive this product will work well.

Good luck with it fellas and i hope it proves all the haters/doubters wrong and also hits the market with a tasty price tag.

Had a Velos inlet manifold on my Corsa, huge difference to the car, mind you the C16/X16/X14XE inlet track is incredibly restrictive

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yet you still choose to post?

SQ5

Ktec and GDI do this as a business and most of there kit is developed by other bigger companies which sell the parts (Omex, Jenvey etc..)

AFAIK Icarus and others are sort of doing this in their spare time so its going to take a little longer.

Hardly a rediculous thread as they are keeping us as up-to-date as me need to be and as much as we can be, why say "this is going to produce amazing power" when they haven't tested it and can't promise it.

Most of this has been covered in this thread but you obviously couldn't be fucked to read it could you?

LY 182
to be honest... this says alot about how this things being made.. gives you a bit of an idea about the bloke behind the things background (ie knows his stuff)

i think this is brilliant... what if he'd come on here put a picture of an inlet up on post 1 and said there you go £1500 please..

can you imagine the replies he'd get...
at least he is giving an insight in to what actually goes in to what id call profesional engine tuning

2005 Nissan Navara
If there was 1 post with product info, dyno data, and price.....surely that would be better?

But that isnt what this thread was started for.....

Last edited:
First point - this thread was about my Clio and has morphed into a thread about the manifold kit. We purposely didn't want to release anything more than "We're doing this and it should be done about this date" but the demand/interest in it seems to be massive and as such this thread has grown and grown. There has never been an "Super-2000 Type Inlet Manifold" thread and there won't be until the production spec unit is done and we have proper data to show you. I see no point what so ever in providing guestimates and expectations as its of no use to anyone.

There has been numerous revisions to the initial design since it was first drawn up, mainly because it became clear it was possible to do a much 'better' job than initialy thought. A quick and easy box type plenum would have given good results but there is space to do more, much more, with careful engineering and packaging and this is where we are now.

It's easy to chuck something on the market which is 85% there in terms of potential..... more time consuming and more costly to get something into the high 90's. Perhaps we should have just thrown the simple one out as people would have still been over the moon with what it would have provided but thats just not the way we work. Call it the pro-motorsport effect LOL.

I can say it'll be sub £1500 including the ECU Calibration and I'm working hard to get production costs down as much as possible to get the final kit price as reasonable as is possible.

Cheers
M

Soon as the results are in they'll be a full post about it with more detail than you could ever want ;-)

If you ask me really nicely I might even take you for a spin at FCS.

Cheers
M

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Icarus, maybe start a new thread soley for the new manifold? and get some pics of this cup up, even if its only the back lol

Not a poxy Renault
I simply can't understand why its taking so long to design, manufacture, test, calibrate and verify this product - its got to be getting on for at least a couple of months now matt! when I wanted my turbo fitting the bloke knocked this manifold up in a couple of days:
Epic_Fail-topshot.jpg

When you've got this sorted I'll have a saxo version please, just a bit of grinding to fit right?

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Ben R - delighted to see that you are doing this at last - hope it works out as well as it deserves to.

regards

George

RS RIP
^^ yep this was the low cost / best bang for buck inletgadget he was speaking about 2-3 years ago

Good to finally see it happening :approve:

SQ5
Anyone else getting pissed off with the impatient people not liking the lack of updates?!

FFS, be patient, this thing will be awesome when it's done. They're doing it properly so you won't be coming back every couple months saying your not happy with it.

I've said before, these guys are solely developing this from scratch! Throttle bodies have been around for years and are developed by bigger companies, this is a couple of lads doing this mainly in there spare time!!!

I've always heard bad things about having to go back for mapping when people have throttle bodies fitted and your running Standalone Management which only certain places know how to use and Map.

Renault Management can be done using stuff like RSTuner which is user friendly and the depth of Renault Management is so far deeper than Omex!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
These are 2 professional tuners who are initially developing this at their own expense with the foresight that this mod will make them alot of cash in the future.

Hardly a couple of lads doing this mainly in their spare time.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
seems like a good idea this inlet, just surprised no one has spoken to Jenvey as they already do a sealed plenum inlet. This sounds like a modified version and I'll bet uses a lot of their parts anyway. Still, it' good to see new products being developed for the Clio, seems a lot of choice now which is good for all us

Sigh!! - the main reason why none of us have stuck a thread up purely relating to this project is exactly to avoid this situation. As soon as there is data which will be useful it will be posted here that day. That's the best I can say! To cover this again I will not post speculation or guesses.

As for "this mod will make them alot of cash in the future." it'd be nice to think so wouldn't it, alas Clio's are relatively low volume and anything involving large amounts of fabrication and machining is typicaly low margin. I'm doing this because I want it on my car and development data from this will be used on a later F4R project of mine. So far I've spent several grand building a spec engine for testing etc. and I don't expect any profit to cover this!

KungFuSpaghetti - no they don't. Jenvey do a few S2000 bits incl the spec 64mm throttle body and a F4R lower intake. They also specificaly cast the lower inlet manifold section for our manifold, as one of the major people in cast aluminium components for induction systems and the only major one based in the UK it is only sensible to use their services for cast components.

Once again there will be a seperate, new thread posted as soon as results are in!

Cheers
M

Maybe this thread should be locked in the mean time then? Its doing my nut in, not for the lack of updates, as i appreciate the situation, but purely for the people wanting updates, and constantly posting so.

SQ5
These are 2 professional tuners who are initially developing this at their own expense with the foresight that this mod will make them alot of cash in the future.

Hardly a couple of lads doing this mainly in their spare time.

Lol, I know this, I wouldn't comment about something I don't know about. But most of this from what I gather is being done in their spare time.

So yes they are a couple of lads doing this in their spare time....

I think closing it is best idea too

So yes they are a couple of lads doing this in their spare time....

You've got to be kidding me right? If you knew anything about either individual involved in the development of this inlet I guarantee 110% you would retract that statement!

You should rephrase it as

So yes they are a couple of race-experience-hardened-professional-performance-engineers doing this in their spare time....

Then you would be on the right track ;)

M235i / 172
Djroberts' statement is perfectly correct. They are both lads, and both doing it in their spare time. There was no need for him to go into their credentials (sp) when making the statement. Or as I prefer to put it, Arse licking.

Da

Less
Enough.

Icarus - Please PM me once there are updates ready to go in here and I'll reopen it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.