ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
This is winning on all kinds of levels my friend.

Cheers Matt[/FONT]

Looks awesome mate

Thanks Dom :)
[/FONT]

Could this get any better? ??

Silver wheels lol, leaving them till after winter now though.
[/FONT]

Yes... it would be so much better on my driveway... :p

Awesome. :)

Haha that would mean I'd have a very nice trophy on my drive then ;)
[/FONT]

What the one on gum tree in London? Yeah it's very nice.

Dont think I've seen that one it's was on the forum what I seen mate.

Well I noticed last time I had the car in the air that the passenger side FK shocker was leaking, ive had them on the car since I bought it over 3 years ago & they were on Ali's 172 up in Scotland before that. I decided I'd get the front coilovers refurbed over the winter until a 2nd hand set of KW V1s popped up forsale, I've got them on the 197 & love them but I can't justify spending the same amount again on another brand new set :( when I'd rather put the money towards a diff.

My friend recently decided to break his 172 cup after he crashed it & it had some Ktec coilovers on it, I know they arnt to everybody's taste but for the price I got them for I couldn't say no, they are practically brand new. So they will be good temporary coilovers until some KW's come along.

13823303-C466-4823-A4DA-54C5FBC66350-4499-0000012EE5C992C5_zps1ada5e6f.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Let me know how you get on with the kTec ones. Might make you an offer for them when you've your refurbished ones back on.

I won't be putting the FK's back on now I've got these Paul, Im going to look into refurb prices but if it's too costly I'll just sell the FK on & put the money towards some KW's. A mate has the same ktec coilovers on his ph1 & they tbh they seem identical to the FK's.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Kw's nice. Definitely be deserving on yours. Well if and when your selling these give me a yell.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Super car as always mate, there are a set of KWs on here for sale at the moment. :)

Ive sold my Spax coilovers so im on the hunt for something better, AST or the BC racing ones but as the cars layed up for the winter im in no rush.

Thanks dude :)

Yeah I've just seen them, but I'm in the same position as you the cars tucked up in the garage for the winter so I'm in no rush to get some, i got the ktec ones as they were mates rates. AST's are pricey you going for new or 2nd hand mate?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
New mate, my rear beam is away at the powder coaters so the car is up on stands.

I bought all new nuts, bolts etc from Renault along with the new black powerflex beam bushes. Have a look at my thread. :D

New mate, my rear beam is away at the powder coaters so the car is up on stands.

I bought all new nuts, bolts etc from Renault along with the new black powerflex beam bushes. Have a look at my thread.

That lot wont be cheap lol, id love to be able to splash out on another new set of kw's but the new house means i have to limit my spending for abit lol.

Im wanting to get the rear beam off mine to get power coated too probs silver to match the subframe.

Amazing car!!! Love the wheels...

Thanks mate, be better when they are silver again.

Love that. Tho the silver 16 " f1 cups looks the nuts on it.

Cheers Iain, thats my first thing to get done after the winter wheels back to silver, gone off the gloss black altogether now.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
looks superb mate, definitely one of the best cars on the site!

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Craig your car looks amazing and a real credit to you. I'm gutted we didn't come across to Malton the other week, your car was my biggest reason for going. Also missed on Feirny's new car, but I can see him anytime as he doesn't live too far away!!

Oh yes! Spot on that!

Thank you :)

Craig your car looks amazing and a real credit to you. I'm gutted we didn't come across to Malton the other week, your car was my biggest reason for going. Also missed on Feirny's new car, but I can see him anytime as he doesn't live too far away!!

Thank you very much mate, really appreciate it :) You didnt miss much really the weather spoilt everything & everybody had gone home by about 11 :( yeah i missed Greg's megane too didnt no he had it till i seen it on instagram :(

Only some small but my genuine Renault locking wheel nut socket was a very tight fit in the wheels & was chipping the paint off :( I was just going to buy a new set of locking bolts but that was going to cost money so while at work today I turned down the Renault key in the lathe & it's perfect now doesn't touch the wheel, so no worry of marking the fresh paint when I get them done silver.

575141FD-5A31-4FF5-A708-8C8BC2BFB997-2339-0000007E95360F7C_zps57ef9689.jpg

Thinking about stripping rear of the car out & maybe getting some proper bucket seats & harnesses never have anybody in the back so thought I'd save some weight. Just don't no if I should have all the rear painted sunflower or carpet it?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Strip it out and put some pole positions in, but I would make a false floor for the back and get a ktec boot matt or use some nice carpet, I also use some sound proof foam under my boot matt.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Strip it out and paint it sunflower yellow inside. Its what cool folk do iirc ;)

Safety devices half cage, leave plastics in, sablet wheel, pole positions and carpet the boot floor would be perfect imo. Oh and a decent set of 4 point harness's.

At the end of the day if you dont like what you do its not the hardest thing to put standard seats back in.

Its why I now don't run lockers on the clio. Damn my lack of lathe!

Id have done yours for you if you were closer John.
[/FONT]

Strip it out and put some pole positions in, but I would make a false floor for the back and get a ktec boot matt or use some nice carpet, I also use some sound proof foam under my boot matt.

I was thinking keeping it carpeted I love the look of yours Dom.
[/FONT]

Strip it out and paint it sunflower yellow inside. Its what cool folk do iirc ;)

Haha I don't no if I'm cool enough mate
[/FONT]

Too nice to strip but if you do, do it like Dom said.

Cheers mate, yeah I think out of the two I'd go for how Dom said.[/FONT]

A proper cage and nice buckets would look the nuts tbh.

Im not sure about a cage at the minute.
[/FONT]

Plus your treadlines will fetch a few quid to fund it.

Id probs keep them for the 182 unless I could do a swap with somebody for pole positions.[/FONT]

Don't get rid of the trendlines :0

Lol pole positions are better ;)
[/FONT]

Safety devices half cage, leave plastics in, sablet wheel, pole positions and carpet the boot floor would be perfect imo. Oh and a decent set of 4 point harness's.

At the end of the day if you dont like what you do its not the hardest thing to put standard seats back in.

How much are the safety devices dan? Do they bolt in or need welding? I like the sabelt wheels but everybody's got them & so I like to be different with my 200 wheel (yellow stitching) yeah true I could always put it back to normal, I might strip it out after we move house next week.[/FONT]

Or maybe, leave the treadlines in, rear bench out, safety device cage, Ktr boot matt and harnesses in.

I think I'll see what it looks like with the treadlines first but I just love pole positions & think they will suit the stripped out look better.

Question is, keep the rear of the pole positions black or have them a colour like they are in the Audi TT QS?

£450 supply last i heard, would need bases welding in though for it to sit on. If your set on keep the 200 wheel then Id stick with the trendlines too.

best of luck with the move mate!

Shame bases need welding in, not something i want to do, but a cage isnt on the plans just yet lol do we shall see.

You think? I thought the 200 wheel would go well with the pole positions, im getting my inspiration from colin's v6 interior, would love a ph2 v6 gear surround too.

Hope Colin doesn't mind using his picture :)

F0B85AA4-F484-4F54-829C-9455AD30F82A-6202-000001899BAE8275_zps4d41f997.jpg

Then maybe the backs like the audi TT QS in a colour r
Her than just black, maybe sunflower yellow would be too much?

9989EC73-F841-4C43-9493-7BE2AF7B8596-6202-000001857942957F_zpsaff201bd.jpg

Well after seeing those pictures then i think it could work! Perhaps as they are the leather ones compared to clothe ones? Id just get black backs tbh, but thats just me ha.