ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The impression your car gives off...

When your out with friends or what ever... meet a few girls or whatever and they ask you what car you drive, how do they react? Do you have to put a point across to tell them its not what they think? Stereotypically a clio is seen as a teenagers 1st car rather than a hothatch unless you have a sport. Its not like saying ''i drive a golf'' where they already have this image if it being an adults' car.
Do they see you as a ''boy racer'' just because you drive a small hothatch?
e.g.
Her: what car do you drive
you: clio
her::dapprove:
you: its a clio sport though..2.0 etc
her::)oh ok...*followed some sort of boy racer joke*

discuss.

Titanium 182
tbh if I had one I'd just say I have a "clio sport" and if they don't like it stuff them, as it is I'm a teenager with a normal clio so its just "clio" for the moment :(

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
i have a clio..a blue one

majority of girls wouldnt even know it was or wasnt a sport if they saw it anyway

Renault Clio S
I just reply 'Clio' and if they ask what type, answer the question.

There's a TopGear clip where Jimmy Carr asks an audience member what he drives, to which he replied '16-valve Golf'. Carr's reply was 'why do I need to know how many valves it has?', making the bloke feel a total dick as a result.

Make, model and type - in that order I reckon.

ur megane r26
i always find for me that only my male friends ask me that question, some of them know instantly when you say cliosport but some i have to point out its a 2.0l, never really had a women ask me tbh

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
If I owned a clio, i'd probably tell her I owned a Yugo Zastava/FSO Poliniz/robin reliant or something better

Any girl who has to enquire what sort of car you have is clearly a gold digging slut.

LOL!

If they ask in conversation I just say a 106. They dont care that its a GTi. Same as id never say "I have a Clio, but its urrmm the Renault Sport version"

If you need to use your car to impress a female I suggest selling it and spending the money on a personality.

Renault Clio S
LOL!

If they ask in conversation I just say a 106. They dont care that its a GTi. Same as id never say "I have a Clio, but its urrmm the Renault Sport version"

If you need to use your car to impress a female I suggest selling it and spending the money on a personality.

Dito.

I have a mate whose parents bought him a Vauxhaul Viva when he passed his driving test (this was when Renault launched the 1st 16v Clio, so we're talking early 90s I guess). We used to go clubbing on Saturdays and he would do anything to get out of driving, even though we used to take it in turns, in case he pulled a bird and she wanted a lift home LOL. That car turned him into a coward when it came to the ladies and it was rather tragic really.

He bought an Alfa rot-box in the end which quickly fell apart.

happy days.

Clio
Any girl who has to enquire what sort of car you have is clearly a gold digging slut.

Thats why I always reply 'Ferrari Baby' then dropped the gold digging slut home the next morning my Bodykitted Laguna engined Clio that I tell her was all my own work.

"RS Clio" or "Clio 172" not "a Clio"

But then you have to explain. Thats not so bad if you're talking to your mates who are interested in cars.

Anyone else it makes you sound like a nerd who is worried what people will think of him because you drive a Clio.

But then you have to explain. Thats not so bad if you're talking to your mates who are interested in cars.

Anyone else it makes you sound like a nerd who is worried what people will think of him because you drive a Clio.
my point exactly

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

I dont really care what people think tbh im just telling them what car I have.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's so much gold digging, just a way of judging what kind of person they are maybe or if they have money ect... might just be part of the conversation.
I have a puma so the convo doesn't go much further after I try to explain i'm not a gay hairdresser!

Talking of using a car to try to impress women, my mate used to get totally drunk, letch onto women & his opening line would be "I've got an s2000" every week he said the same thing, he was oblivious that they didn't care and that we were taking the pee out of him. It always gave us an 'in' though :)

Thats why I always reply 'Ferrari Baby' then dropped the gold digging slut home the next morning my Bodykitted Laguna engined Clio that I tell her was all my own work.
Fpmsl !!

When you say 'Clio sport', most people will just think 'sport' is just a trim. If you say 'Clio 182' for example, they might ask what the 182 means and there you go.

clio 182
mine goes...

me = caps...

ORITE
hiya
DRINK
umm ye go on then,
****get drinks****
=result.....

car never comes into it to be honest, if she started talking to me about cars as im trying to pull her id prob walk awya, its like talking about work theres a time and a place for it and the f**king dance floor isnt one!!!

When you say 'Clio sport', most people will just think 'sport' is just a trim. If you say 'Clio 182' for example, they might ask what the 182 means and there you go.

LOL and reply with "well, you see, the 182 bit means it has about 174bhp if I'm lucky" roffle. It's a Clio. Done.

LOL and reply with "well, you see, the 182 bit means it has about 174bhp if I'm lucky" roffle. It's a Clio. Done.
LOL! I wouldn't go into it tbh. Can't imagine a bird asking a guy what car he drives anyway unless he's always banging on about it.

Focus ST
Chick - "What car do you have"
Tupps - "Clio 172 cup with AAS exhaust and RSTuner, soon to be lowered 40mm on apex springs... i really should get the cambelt done as it's due but i don't care because i'm extra hard... wanna make out?"
Chick *walks off*
Tupps - *Stands in corner of club by himself pretending to text*

M2 Competition
If I owned a clio, i'd probably tell her I owned a Yugo Zastava/FSO Poliniz/robin reliant or something better

Knows. Im hoping to buy a standard 1.6 astra/ focus/ golf as a £1k runaround.

All of the above are more impressive to women/ friends than my cup. Fact.