ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
So the wife’s upgrade hasn’t gone through because she forgot to change her name with O2. Forms were completed and emailed back to them over a week ago now with no reply.

I was going to get her to cancel and start a new contract so she can just get the number transferred. I’m now wondering what will be more hassle!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just swapping all my pics etc to my external sim before swapping phones and noticed I have 26gb worth of apps. That seems a LOT

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Apps don't take any space but assume that includes the back up, like whatsapp etc? COD etc maybe but how many games do you have!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
None, lol, I don't play games on my phone. It's taken 3 hours to transfer all data between phones because, despite me backing up pics tyo my SD, it's moved those over too.

However, a quick play with it and the battery life seems to be draining far quicker than my old phone, and it's dropping in and out of the wifi too. Fuckin shite can go back

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Keep it for a couple of days and the battery should settle.

Aye, I'm probably just getting my arse out because it's took so long to move everything over and now I have to go and reset a f**k load of passwords and remember banking log-ins etc, which should really move over with it all.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Aye, I'm probably just getting my arse out because it's took so long to move everything over and now I have to go and reset a f**k load of passwords and remember banking log-ins etc, which should really move over with it all.
Yup.
I did all of that last week.
My number still hasn't transferred over so if it's not done tomorrow in the O2 shop the contract will be cancelled and I'll take out a more expensive one with EE and get my number over that way.
f**king spastics.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yup.
I did all of that last week.
My number still hasn't transferred over so if it's not done tomorrow in the O2 shop the contract will be cancelled and I'll take out a more expensive one with EE and get my number over that way.
f**king spastics.

That's another thing I need to do, switch tariff with 02 as currently paying twice what I should be doing, but knowing me I will lock in for 24m sim only contract, this phone will be toss and need sending back, then I can't upgrade to another phone etc etc.

Fuckin rage

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I e just asked AO who I speak to to cancel.
They asked me to do what I've been trying for a week.

More spastics.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Another hour and a half today on the phone to O2.
Think I might be getting somewhere now after speaking to 6 or so people in the process.
English guy (yes, I know it sounds racist but the others in the call centres were literally reading off a script) asked me questions that the others hadn't which made sense (like asking which number from the two I was keeping 🙄)
Said I'd get a text in the morning and it'd go through within 24 hours.

Got a text minutes after ending the call so hopefully it goes through today/ over night.

The people in the shop today were worse than the call centre script readers.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
F0NS9u7aMAAnlsH?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F0WS7esaMAEpZyj?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Nothing phone 2. I do love a Nothing phone.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
They do look bloody good, but I'd be scared to take that out of my pocket for fear of dropping it. Looks like it would fall apart like a grandfather clock being dropped on someone in a cartoon

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Been having a bit of a nightmare with o2 since switching.

After getting no where with their Indian call centre I submitted a complaint, well today a very helpful English lady phoned me. Explained the problem and she clearly explained how to sort my issue and said she was unhappy with how my 6 calls to India had been handled and o2 would credit my p&g account with £40 and double my data for 4 months. So I would not need to top up for the next 4 months. So that ended well.

An hour later I get a text from o2 saying they had mucked my data allowance up and they would credit my account £5 for the mistake.

So now my account is reading £45

Productive day

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Been having a bit of a nightmare with o2 since switching.

After getting no where with their Indian call centre I submitted a complaint, well today a very helpful English lady phoned me. Explained the problem and she clearly explained how to sort my issue and said she was unhappy with how my 6 calls to India had been handled and o2 would credit my p&g account with £40 and double my data for 4 months. So I would not need to top up for the next 4 months. So that ended well.

An hour later I get a text from o2 saying they had mucked my data allowance up and they would credit my account £5 for the mistake.

So now my account is reading £45

Productive day
They are shocking.

I've still got no service on my old number and I had a missed call with a voicemail asking me to call them on my new contract number (which I'll do tomorrow)

Got a feeling I've losty number which I've had for 17 years.

I think when I phone tomorrow, if it's not resolved overnight, I'll be asking to be put through to the English call centers because the Indian ones didn't have a clue.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got my new phone today. The colour I wanted wasn't available so settled for the blue, but it's quite nice. The retro RAZR feature is a cool gimmick that works just like the original.

20230707_154221.jpg
20230707_154203.jpg
20230707_164421.jpg
20230707_164458.jpg
20230707_164306.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be back in the Samsung shop tomorrow. Another play with the fold 4 and need to start considering what I'm doing about upgrade.

Unpacked the end of July. Fold 5 with incremental upgrade from the 4. Keep my s22u which hasn't missed a beat. Upgrade to the s23u which has been out since Feb maybe.

Do I have the cajones for a fold, I just think how often at work I'm doing something so quick from the cover screen, I would literally only use the full sceen in the house. Seems a complete waste.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realise the S22u didn't have a wide lens on it.
Didn't use it often on the P30pro but was handy when I did need it.

Scrap that, it does, just not on full size images.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Lovely shots. Love the focus choice on the wheat. And the slight desaturated look on the last shot. Looks great.

The Xperia usually shares the most realistic colours but it lacks the computational photography the competition now has.

For a phone camera, this has blown my mind. I've not had a proper chance to play with it, but I can't see me getting my DSLR out of the bag for a while. I do need to get a little tripod for long exposure shots mind you, but they are few and far between

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

New Nothing Phone (2). Great video and insight the effort and love going into the product. OS work and design looks insane.

nothing-phone-2-price-launch-date-tech-details-singapore-1443x900.jpeg
gsmarena_004.jpg
gsmarena_003.jpg
Screenshot_20230711_171601_YouTube.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I do like the look of Nothing gear. If the missus didn't get a Pixel, I would have recommended one of those!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Becca doing what Becca does. Very interest test by a camera expert geek. Very impressed at that price range. Oh and the Os on this nothing phone is very nice and clean. Impressed.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks great on my phone and super washed out on Instagram

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Coming soon! Love the flat folding now and thinner spen. Possibly more durable screen we shall see. Incredible pieces of tech and my mrs loves her flip, now it's even better!

Oh and multi-tasking is still underrated.

Screenshot_20230726_130346_Chrome.jpg

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Coming soon! Love the flat folding now and thinner spen. Possibly more durable screen we shall see. Incredible pieces of tech and my mrs loves her flip, now it's even better!

Oh and multi-tasking is still underrated.

View attachment 1654047

Feck me that price point.

I understand tech is expensive. But this sums up the market places of "as apple did it, we all do it."

I know the market is getting smaller
1. Price.
2. Nothing new has come into phones for a while.
3. Holding onto tech longer.

It seems companies want to fill the gaps of these non upgraders with more expensive devices.

Either way some of the tech is lovely and gimmicky again.

Nothing Phone are becoming like OnePlus which is lovely again after Carl resigned.
Hurrah kept his values it seems.

Hopefully something comes along to convince me to upgrade from my OP8T, so far nothing that exciting has come along to go yes ill move.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The 8t or 8 pro was/is a great phone and definitely the last great one plus!

The Nothing phone I truly think is utterly brilliant at that price point, especially considering how "bad" that pixel tensor chip is looking. Proper battery and heat issues now and now no longer "the smoothest"andoid experience.

Proper decade old journos now claining one ui is better that "pixel android" it's not stock anymore and not smooth due to tensor.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
The 8t or 8 pro was/is a great phone and definitely the last great one plus!

The Nothing phone I truly think is utterly brilliant at that price point, especially considering how "bad" that pixel tensor chip is looking. Proper battery and heat issues now and now no longer "the smoothest"andoid experience.

Proper decade old journos now claining one ui is better that "pixel android" it's not stock anymore and not smooth due to tensor.

Oneplus 2 was the greatest one, even though i got an invite for the OPO. Regardless gone up through the OPO ecosystem and i think its time to exit. Much more on offer and now they are going very "OPPO" copycat now.

Smoothest android experience will always be stock android. No pissing about. Any skins on top slow it down regardless.

Reactions: riz